Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 272
Thanks Tree153Thanks

Thread: This is hard to believe: 76% of people live paycheck to paycheck

  1. #11
    Chubby Member
    Joined
    May 2006
    Posts
    8,750
    Thanks
    2570

    Quote Originally Posted by Kallie Knoetze View Post
    Mr. Splansing,

    Or better yet, stop spending money on crap they don't need.
    Isn't that what I said?
    Thanks from NeoVsMatrix

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    10,144
    Thanks
    2646

    From
    California
    Wow, what a surprise. Whack job liberals just can't seem to stay on subject.

    Psst. Everything isn't about the President.

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    10,144
    Thanks
    2646

    From
    California
    Quote Originally Posted by splansing View Post
    Isn't that what I said?
    Mr. splansing,

    No. Perhaps you should re-read your post. You said the way for poor people to get rich is to make successful people pay more in taxes. Don't really get the logic there, but hey.

  4. #14
    Veteran Member bajisima's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    41,618
    Thanks
    24449

    From
    New Hampshire
    Its been this way for quite a while, supposedly that's why people in the middle of the country voted for Trump. They lost jobs due to outsourcing and factories closed, the stock market reaching new highs was meaningless to them. They want new plants to open up.

  5. #15
    The Covfefe are Coming! BitterPill's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    7,156
    Thanks
    4684

    From
    SoCal
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallie Knoetze View Post
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/78-pe...141500006.html

    I mean seriously, what do people do with their money?

    And this is even scarier:

    https://www.forbes.com/forbes/welcom...ww.google.com/

    Half of people 55 to 64 have no retirement savings.

    Maybe instead of teaching "Diversity" in high schools, they should teach a class in basic economics.
    I was required to take an economics course to graduate high school, and that was here in California.

    I got the diversity training on my own dime.
    Last edited by BitterPill; 24th August 2017 at 01:56 PM.

  6. #16
    Veteran Member bajisima's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    41,618
    Thanks
    24449

    From
    New Hampshire
    Quote Originally Posted by BitterPill View Post
    I was required to take an economics course to graduate high school, and that was here in California.
    I have to say that kind of course should be required. Taking my kid to buy her first car, oh my god, the stuff the dealer was pushing. Kids really need to learn how to buy cars, homes, write checks, pay bills etc. Banks, credit cards and scammers and such take them for a ride.
    Thanks from Blueneck and BigLeRoy

  7. #17
    Moderator HayJenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    41,897
    Thanks
    32437

    From
    CA
    Quote Originally Posted by bajisima View Post
    I have to say that kind of course should be required. Taking my kid to buy her first car, oh my god, the stuff the dealer was pushing. Kids really need to learn how to buy cars, homes, write checks, pay bills etc. Banks, credit cards and scammers and such take them for a ride.
    Or parents could just teach them like we did.
    Thanks from Kallie Knoetze and Hollywood

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    10,144
    Thanks
    2646

    From
    California
    Quote Originally Posted by bajisima View Post
    Its been this way for quite a while, supposedly that's why people in the middle of the country voted for Trump. They lost jobs due to outsourcing and factories closed, the stock market reaching new highs was meaningless to them. They want new plants to open up.
    bajisima,

    That is true, but another interesting point is the fewer and fewer people are willing to pull up roots and move to where there are jobs:

    Millennials are moving less than earlier generations did at same age | Pew Research Center

    I see it a myriad of problems: the lack of basic financial training for young students, conspicuous consumerism, people going to college for meaningless degrees, downplaying the importance of the trades, lack of mobility, etc. etc.
    Thanks from BigLeRoy

  9. #19
    Chubby Member
    Joined
    May 2006
    Posts
    8,750
    Thanks
    2570

    Quote Originally Posted by Kallie Knoetze View Post
    Mr. splansing,

    No. Perhaps you should re-read your post. You said the way for poor people to get rich is to make successful people pay more in taxes. Don't really get the logic there, but hey.
    No, I said the way for poorer people to not get poorer is to not fund tax breaks for rich people.

    Why would you fund something you don't need, after all?
    Thanks from NeoVsMatrix

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    10,144
    Thanks
    2646

    From
    California
    Quote Originally Posted by splansing View Post
    No, I said the way for poorer people to not get poorer is to not fund tax breaks for rich people.

    Why would you fund something you don't need, after all?
    Mr. slansing,

    Again, I don't see the logic of someone thinking they will be more well off if someone else pays more.

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. People just want to collect a paycheck and do nothing
    By Dr Sampson Simpson in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 28th July 2014, 02:46 PM
  2. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 4th October 2013, 01:56 AM
  3. anyone got a paycheck yet this year?
    By nonsqtr in forum Current Events
    Replies: 138
    Last Post: 10th January 2013, 09:58 AM
  4. Half Your Paycheck To The Government In 2013
    By meridian5455 in forum Economics
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 20th November 2012, 11:52 AM
  5. Senate votes down Paycheck Fairness Act
    By HadEnough2 in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 11th June 2012, 12:46 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed