Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
Thanks Tree7Thanks

Thread: Trump's mine

  1. #1
    New Member
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    336
    Thanks
    127

    From
    USA

    Trump's mine

    Anybody following the Northern Dynasty/ Pebble mine thing? It looks like a bunch of industrial guys want to kill off a bunch of salmon, so that they can do some mining. This thing was pretty well shut down, at least until Trump came along and got a new guy in the EPA. It looks like plans to destroy the Salmon are starting up again, thanks to Rump. Ticker is NAK.
    Thanks from Friday13 and The Man

  2. #2
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    14,458
    Thanks
    3873

    From
    AK
    Quote Originally Posted by AntiTrump View Post
    Anybody following the Northern Dynasty/ Pebble mine thing? It looks like a bunch of industrial guys want to kill off a bunch of salmon, so that they can do some mining.
    Ever tried honesty?

  3. #3
    Southern Strategy Liberal OldGaffer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    37,967
    Thanks
    39897

    From
    Nashville, TN
    Quote Originally Posted by Neomalthusian View Post
    Ever tried honesty?
    Is this report dishonest?

    https://www.earthworksaction.org/ear...E#.WhXJlrpFzSe

  4. #4
    Flibbertigibbet Wonderer's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2014
    Posts
    23,187
    Thanks
    14904

    From
    Missouri
    Take him. Please.
    Thanks from Neomalthusian and Dragonfly5

  5. #5
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    21,748
    Thanks
    12024

    Quote Originally Posted by OldGaffer View Post
    Ironic coming from the dishonest person that still pushes a completely bogus economic model with proven track record of failures

  6. #6
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    14,458
    Thanks
    3873

    From
    AK
    Quote Originally Posted by OldGaffer View Post
    It turns out that yes, your little "report" there is most likely dishonest. It is a from an environmentalist group (well known to be pathological liars) that cites, ironically of all things, a New York-based hedge fund that shorted NAK while alleging its worthlessness. Why would they randomly do this in February 2017?

    Because if you had invested $100,000 in NAK a month before the election, the investment would have been worth $542,000 by February, a mere three months after the election.

    In other words, they watched the stock spike immediately after Trump's election and figured people were definitely getting overly excited. So they shorted the stock while claiming publicly (on Seeking Alpha) that the mine site itself and NAK were both worthless.

    Suddenly that $442,000 you thought you made on your initial $100,000 investment is instead $92,000, because after shorting the stock, the hedge fund successfully scared everyone back out of it. You lose, hedge fund wins.

    Clever maneuver! Gotta respect it. Doesn't help whatever your case is though.
    Last edited by Neomalthusian; 22nd November 2017 at 11:48 AM.
    Thanks from MeBelle

  7. #7
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    14,458
    Thanks
    3873

    From
    AK
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Sampson Simpson View Post
    Ironic coming from the dishonest person that still pushes a completely bogus economic model with proven track record of failures
    What are you even talking about?

  8. #8
    Southern Strategy Liberal OldGaffer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    37,967
    Thanks
    39897

    From
    Nashville, TN
    Quote Originally Posted by Neomalthusian View Post
    It turns out that yes, your little "report" there is most likely dishonest. It is a from an environmentalist group (well known to be pathological liars) that cites, ironically of all things, a New York-based hedge fund that shorted NAK while alleging its worthlessness. Why would they randomly do this in February 2017?

    Because if you had invested $100,000 in NAK a month before the election, the investment would have been worth $542,000 by February, a mere three months after the election.

    In other words, they watched the stock spike immediately after Trump's election and figured people were definitely getting overly excited. So they shorted the stock while claiming publicly (on Seeking Alpha) that the mine site itself and NAK were both worthless.

    Suddenly that $442,000 you thought you made on your initial $100,000 investment is instead $92,000, because after shorting the stock, the hedge fund successfully scared everyone back out of it. You lose, hedge fund wins.

    Clever maneuver! Gotta respect it. Doesn't help whatever your case is though.
    "Well known", by who? By you? So there are no 14,000 salmon fishermen on that waterway and the mine offers no chance to pollute it? Let me look a little further, you are so biased as to be bent like a pretzel and anything you say is liable to be totally made up in your mind.

    https://www.alaskapublic.org/2017/10...ifts-to-state/

    It looks like Alaskans are split on preserving the Salmon fishery or raping the mineral resources , and your governor supports the fishermen it seems. So what is dishonest about this? I understand that you would always support corporations and corporate malfeasance over individual American workers, but surely there are some corporate fishing companies in there you could support?
    Thanks from Friday13

  9. #9
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    14,458
    Thanks
    3873

    From
    AK

    Trump's mine

    Quote Originally Posted by OldGaffer View Post
    "Well known", by who?
    Honest, critical thinking people.

    So there are no 14,000 salmon fishermen on that waterway and the mine offers no chance to pollute it? Let me look a little further, you are so biased as to be bent like a pretzel and anything you say is liable to be totally made up in your mind.

    https://www.alaskapublic.org/2017/10...ifts-to-state/

    It looks like Alaskans are split on preserving the Salmon fishery or raping the mineral resources , and your governor supports the fishermen it seems. So what is dishonest about this?
    Your language is whatís dishonest. Characterizing mining as rape is dishonest. The thread originator alleging that miners want to kill a bunch of salmon is dishonest. The Psychotic environmentalists behind the Stand for Salmon initiative are dishonest.

    I understand that you would always support corporations and corporate malfeasance over individual American workers, but surely there are some corporate fishing companies in there you could support?
    And here is more dishonesty. Most partisan left wingers are absolute fucking lunatic fruitcakes with this insane melodramatic rhetoric.

    Of course fisherman oppose Pebble, their industry takes whatever risk from the mine without reaping really any of the benefits. They have to oppose it. Obviously.

    And many others opposed to mine too, including the governor and including made of organizations, and many others. But most of those same opponents of pebble mine also oppose the stand for Stand for Salmon initiative.

    There is legitimate argument in opposition to Pebble, but there is also legitimate argument in favor. It is not without risk.

    Itís possible to oppose Pebble Mine without being a fucking moron about it. But the partisan left and environmentalists canít help themselves.

  10. #10
    Southern Strategy Liberal OldGaffer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    37,967
    Thanks
    39897

    From
    Nashville, TN
    Quote Originally Posted by Neomalthusian View Post
    Honest, critical thinking people.



    Your language is what’s dishonest. Characterizing mining as rape is dishonest. The thread originator alleging that miners want to kill a bunch of salmon is dishonest. The Psychotic environmentalists behind the Stand for Salmon initiative are dishonest.



    And here is more dishonesty. Most partisan left wingers are absolute fucking lunatic fruitcakes with this insane melodramatic rhetoric.

    Of course fisherman oppose Pebble, their industry takes whatever risk from the mine without reaping really any of the benefits. They have to oppose it. Obviously.

    And many others opposed to mine too, including the governor and including made of organizations, and many others. But most of those same opponents of pebble mine also oppose the stand for Stand for Salmon initiative.

    There is legitimate argument in opposition to Pebble, but there is also legitimate argument in favor. It is not without risk.

    It’s possible to oppose Pebble Mine without being a fucking moron about it. But the partisan left and environmentalists can’t help themselves.
    Luckily, we have you, the most sane and bi-partisan poster on the board, to keep the whack jobs in line....Uhhuh...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. I got mine....you can't have yours.....
    By KnotaFrayed in forum Current Events
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 13th July 2015, 10:07 AM
  2. Mine, Mine, Mine
    By Madeline in forum Current Events
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 13th July 2015, 06:55 AM
  3. No, It's MINE!
    By vikingbeast in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 6th November 2014, 04:40 AM
  4. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 8th December 2011, 02:48 AM
  5. YOURS and MINE
    By Feslin in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 145
    Last Post: 20th April 2007, 11:30 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed