Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 98
Thanks Tree21Thanks

Thread: Global economy growth at 3%, U.N. says

  1. #31
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    33,037
    Thanks
    25941

    From
    On a hill
    Quote Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
    And finally the US is once again OUTPACING THE WORLD US GDP 3.3%, no more leading from behind.

    Remember Global Growth in 2016 was 2.4% US GDP was 1.6.. the world out paced us by 50% in rate of Growth.
    We have a long way to go before we lead'

    https://www.gfmag.com/global-data/ec...dp-growth-2017

  2. #32
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    24,499
    Thanks
    6342

    From
    midwest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasselas View Post
    Right. Antibusiness. Right...

    What followed Calvin Coolidge's administration, by the way? He ended his term in 1929.
    I just quoted the man.

    Did not endorse his policies or extol his record.

    It's still true "The business of America is business."

  3. #33
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    24,499
    Thanks
    6342

    From
    midwest
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinn View Post
    The Obama administration was handed an economy in freefall. Trump was handed a robust, healthy, growing economy. Can you dispute either of these facts?
    Nope.

    The Trump record on the economy so far is doing pretty good.

    Can you dispute that fact?

  4. #34
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    63,971
    Thanks
    35519

    From
    in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller47 View Post
    I just quoted the man.

    Did not endorse his policies or extol his record.

    It's still true "The business of America is business."
    Wow. So you quoted something you now say you don't "endorse" (why quote it if you don't believe it?) and then in your last line, you say it's true. What is wrong with you? Are you this idiotic, or do you think the rest of us are.
    Thanks from Dangermouse

  5. #35
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    63,971
    Thanks
    35519

    From
    in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller47 View Post
    Nope.

    The Trump record on the economy so far is doing pretty good.

    Can you dispute that fact?
    I don't think Trump HAS a record on the economy yet. Nothing he's done could possibly have influenced it in any practical way. I don't see how the trend lines have been significantly altered from the previous president's record.
    Thanks from Dangermouse

  6. #36
    Council Member Djinn's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    44,967
    Thanks
    29381

    From
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller47 View Post
    Nope. The Trump record on the economy so far is doing pretty good.

    Can you dispute that fact?
    Yes, however since you agree with both of these claims:

    * The Obama administration was handed an economy in freefall.
    * Trump was handed a robust, healthy, growing economy.

    Answer this:

    Whose administration was responsible for handing Trump a robust, healthy, growing economy?

  7. #37
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    24,499
    Thanks
    6342

    From
    midwest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasselas View Post
    Wow. So you quoted something you now say you don't "endorse" (why quote it if you don't believe it?) and then in your last line, you say it's true. What is wrong with you? Are you this idiotic, or do you think the rest of us are.
    The second one.

  8. #38
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    24,499
    Thanks
    6342

    From
    midwest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasselas View Post
    I don't think Trump HAS a record on the economy yet. Nothing he's done could possibly have influenced it in any practical way. I don't see how the trend lines have been significantly altered from the previous president's record.
    I noticed that you did not dispute that fact.

    How long until it's his?

    Two years?

    Three?

    Four?

    More?

  9. #39
    Moderator HayJenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    50,235
    Thanks
    38685

    From
    CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller47 View Post
    The second one.
    LOL


    Dow in the first 11 months:
    - Obama: 29.9%
    - Trump: 25.0%

    S&P in the first 11 months:
    - Obama: 36.9%
    - Trump: 18.4%

  10. #40
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    24,499
    Thanks
    6342

    From
    midwest
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinn View Post
    Yes, however since you agree with both of these claims:

    * The Obama administration was handed an economy in freefall.
    * Trump was handed a robust, healthy, growing economy.

    Answer this:

    Whose administration was responsible for handing Trump a robust, healthy, growing economy?
    Obama's.

    But it wasn't as "robust", "healthy", or "growing" as it has been since the anti-business previous administration.

    Thanks Trump!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 48
    Last Post: 13th May 2016, 05:17 PM
  2. US economy slowed to 0.1 percent growth rate in Q1
    By MGunner in forum Current Events
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 2nd May 2014, 07:17 AM
  3. Recent Growth In Economy Is But A Mirage
    By michaelr in forum Economics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 5th April 2010, 05:44 AM
  4. Economy returns to growth after a year of declines
    By Devil505 in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 29th October 2009, 10:25 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed