Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 98
Thanks Tree21Thanks

Thread: Global economy growth at 3%, U.N. says

  1. #1
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    24,502
    Thanks
    6344

    From
    midwest

    Global economy growth at 3%, U.N. says

    The United Nations says the global economy is growing at about 3%-its highest rate since 2011-and a significant acceleration from last year.

    The report says that compared to 2016, when global growth was just 2.4%, "growth strengthened in almost two-thirds of countries worldwide in 2017."

    U.N. economic chief Liu Zhenmin calls the rise "a welcome sign of a healthier economy."

    Thanks Trump!

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    9,376
    Thanks
    1568

    From
    Banned
    Donald J Trump is saving the world.

    Growth in the Obamaconomy was a pitiful 1.6% last year.

  3. #3
    Wrinkly Member Dangermouse's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    23,864
    Thanks
    22383

    From
    Sunny Bournemouth, Dorset
    You couldn't make it up. Oh, wait! Some could!

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    8,630
    Thanks
    6794

    From
    In my mind
    What Trump policy caused this sudden global growth?

  5. #5
    Veteran Member PACE's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    24,491
    Thanks
    20602

    From
    None of your business
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller47 View Post
    The United Nations says the global economy is growing at about 3%-its highest rate since 2011-and a significant acceleration from last year.

    The report says that compared to 2016, when global growth was just 2.4%, "growth strengthened in almost two-thirds of countries worldwide in 2017."

    U.N. economic chief Liu Zhenmin calls the rise "a welcome sign of a healthier economy."

    Thanks Trump!
    He didn't do that.
    Thanks from Dangermouse

  6. #6
    Veteran Member PACE's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    24,491
    Thanks
    20602

    From
    None of your business
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
    Donald J Trump is saving the world.

    Growth in the Obamaconomy was a pitiful 1.6% last year.
    No it hit 3% last year, that's a lie
    Thanks from Dangermouse

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    8,630
    Thanks
    6794

    From
    In my mind
    Yay Trump!

    “Developing economies remain the main drivers of global growth,” the report said. “In 2017, east and south Asia accounted for nearly half of global growth, as both regions continue to expand at a rapid pace.”

    “The Chinese economy alone contributed about one-third of global growth during the year,” it said.

    The report said improvements in Argentina, Brazil, Nigeria and Russia as they emerge from recession “also explain roughly a third of the rise in the rate of global growth between 2016 and 2017.”

    Read more: https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/951618...#ixzz515a3AYRE

  8. #8
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    24,502
    Thanks
    6344

    From
    midwest
    Quote Originally Posted by Think for myself View Post
    What Trump policy caused this sudden global growth?
    Having a pro business president in the White House was the main factor.

    As opposed to the previous 8 years.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    8,630
    Thanks
    6794

    From
    In my mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller47 View Post
    Having a pro business president in the White House was the main factor.

    As opposed to the previous 8 years.
    The main factor of growth in China and developing markets?

    Sorry, my BS meter is going off. Fetch a link to that, lad.

  10. #10
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    24,502
    Thanks
    6344

    From
    midwest
    Quote Originally Posted by Think for myself View Post
    The main factor of growth in China and developing markets?

    Sorry, my BS meter is going off. Fetch a link to that, lad.
    Your BS meter seems to be defective.

    Time to haul it into the shop for recalibration.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 48
    Last Post: 13th May 2016, 05:17 PM
  2. US economy slowed to 0.1 percent growth rate in Q1
    By MGunner in forum Current Events
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 2nd May 2014, 07:17 AM
  3. Recent Growth In Economy Is But A Mirage
    By michaelr in forum Economics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 5th April 2010, 05:44 AM
  4. Economy returns to growth after a year of declines
    By Devil505 in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 29th October 2009, 10:25 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed