Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 43
Thanks Tree16Thanks

Thread: Good Year

  1. #1
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    24,502
    Thanks
    6344

    From
    midwest

    Good Year

    For the economy and the markets in America.

    The EOY stock market numbers are in for 2017.

    Dow up 25.1%

    NASDAQ up 28.2%

    S&P up 19.4%

    For 2017, Britains gained 7.6%.

    Indexes in Germany and France closed the year with gains of 12.5% and 9,3% respectively.

    Thanks Trump!

  2. #2
    Veteran Member Chief's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    27,439
    Thanks
    8153

    From
    Earth
    The best (and worst) stock markets of 2016 - Dec. 30, 2016

    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...of-djia-index/

    I'm not sure what you are thanking Trump for... From the looks of things, we've been trending up for some time. I guess you could thank Trump for not breaking what we already had going, if you had to thank him for something... may as well toss in a Nobel Economics prize too I guess.
    Thanks from MaryAnne, Babba, boontito and 2 others

  3. #3
    We choose both. Amelia's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    45,963
    Thanks
    27968

    From
    Wisconsin
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief View Post
    The best (and worst) stock markets of 2016 - Dec. 30, 2016

    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...of-djia-index/

    I'm not sure what you are thanking Trump for... From the looks of things, we've been trending up for some time. I guess you could thank Trump for not breaking what we already had going, if you had to thank him for something... may as well toss in a Nobel Economics prize too I guess.

    Folks don't even understand linear trends ... and we hope they'll understand the Laffer Curve?

    But that innumeracy is a glimpse into how we got to be so messed up.
    Thanks from boontito

  4. #4
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    24,502
    Thanks
    6344

    From
    midwest
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief View Post
    The best (and worst) stock markets of 2016 - Dec. 30, 2016

    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...of-djia-index/

    I'm not sure what you are thanking Trump for... From the looks of things, we've been trending up for some time. I guess you could thank Trump for not breaking what we already had going, if you had to thank him for something... may as well toss in a Nobel Economics prize too I guess.
    Then we could give Obama a Nobel Peace Prize for his "surge" in Afghanistan.

    Sent an additional 30,000 troops over there to kill and be killed.

    If THAT doesn't qualify someone for the Nobel Peace Prize, then what does?

  5. #5
    Undercovfefe Agents TennesseeRain's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    83,853
    Thanks
    53311

    From
    In the Witness Protection Program
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller47 View Post
    Then we could give Obama a Nobel Peace Prize for his "surge" in Afghanistan.

    Sent an additional 30,000 troops over there to kill and be killed.

    If THAT doesn't qualify someone for the Nobel Peace Prize, then what does?
    Still sulking over something that happened almost ten years ago and over something Obama had no control over? Damn. That's sad.
    Thanks from Dragonfly5

  6. #6
    Veteran Member Chief's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    27,439
    Thanks
    8153

    From
    Earth
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller47 View Post
    Then we could give Obama a Nobel Peace Prize for his "surge" in Afghanistan.

    Sent an additional 30,000 troops over there to kill and be killed.

    If THAT doesn't qualify someone for the Nobel Peace Prize, then what does?
    I am all for giving him plenty of peace prizes... I think those guys really jumped the shark when they tried to use the nobel prize to bribe someone to take an action that they had not done yet.... and where was Bush's peace prize? He had peace potential too. And I'm waiting for my prize too, since I haven't declared war on anyone... yet.

  7. #7
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    24,502
    Thanks
    6344

    From
    midwest
    Quote Originally Posted by TennesseeRain View Post
    Still sulking over something that happened almost ten years ago and over something Obama had no control over? Damn. That's sad.
    Just brought it up for context, that's all...

    You upset?

  8. #8
    Undercovfefe Agents TennesseeRain's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    83,853
    Thanks
    53311

    From
    In the Witness Protection Program
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller47 View Post
    Just brought it up for context, that's all...

    You upset?
    Why would I be upset? He was awarded the same prize as that war criminal, Henry Kissinger, and he donated every last dime of the prize money to charity. I'm truly sorry that you can't seem to get over it.

  9. #9
    Veteran Member Chief's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    27,439
    Thanks
    8153

    From
    Earth
    Quote Originally Posted by TennesseeRain View Post
    Still sulking over something that happened almost ten years ago and over something Obama had no control over? Damn. That's sad.
    It's true that this was not Obama's fault. Very disappointing that those guys would use the prize that way though.

  10. #10
    Undercovfefe Agents TennesseeRain's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    83,853
    Thanks
    53311

    From
    In the Witness Protection Program
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief View Post
    It's true that this was not Obama's fault. Very disappointing that those guys would use the prize that way though.
    Why? Obama is just as worthy as Henry Kissinger who was responsible for leading the overt and covert operations that destabilized the Allende administration and caused the deaths of 30,000 people and installed a brutal military dictator in Chile. I have no idea why, after that, people get their knickers in a knot over a prize that marginalized itself decades ago.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 80
    Last Post: 6th February 2017, 11:30 AM
  2. 2012: Not a good year for Marxist/Socialist pigs.
    By Right Wing Fanatic in forum Current Events
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 8th October 2012, 08:49 AM
  3. 2010-Good or Bad Election Year For Republicans?
    By Devil505 in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 2nd May 2009, 11:56 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed