Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 87
Thanks Tree32Thanks

Thread: Tax law may send factories and jobs abroad

  1. #61
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    32,992
    Thanks
    25925

    From
    On a hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Dad View Post
    No, it's not. You know that the bottom 45% plus aren't paying any federal income taxes. They'll pay some social security and medicaid but they aren't paying federal income tax.
    Remember the conservative adage "corporations dont pay taxes, people pay taxes"? Here is how Americans for Tax Reform says that works:

    Corporations make money by selling things to people. If a corporation makes a profit of $1.00, and $0.40 of that must go to corporate income taxes, that “tax wedge” will be built into the price.

    Let’s say a corporation wants to make $600 on a computer after taxes. It has to charge you $1000 for that computer, knowing it will have to pay $400 in taxes. You just paid the corporate income tax on that computer. All the corporation did was pass along the cost to you in the form of a more expensive computer. Families pay the corporate income tax.

    https://www.atr.org/corporations-don...brpeople-a3203
    So the 45% you say arent paying any income taxes ARE paying income taxes for the Walmart kids, Walmart corp, and investors every time they buy Chinese-made junk at one of their stores.
    Thanks from Supposn

  2. #62
    New Member
    Joined
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    460
    Thanks
    50

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWahoo View Post
    If the concept for a lower tax rate on foreign profits assumes that it will provide an incentive for companies to use and invest those foreign profits domestically, then, I would think it is a rather good idea. However, it such is the case, there is a missing stated requirement in the law. The law should specifically state that the amounts realized via the difference in the domestic rate and the foreign rate must actually be domestically invested to use the foreign rate. Such investments should generate increased domestic profits from increased domestic operations.
    TheWahoo, I'm concerned about taxing corporations' foreign earnings at a lesser rate because it's a strong inducement for investing into and importing from foreign producing enterprises to the net detriment of USA's GDP and numbers of jobs.

    If the USA adopted the trade policy described within Wikipedia's “Import Certificates” article, I'd have no objection to the lesser rate of corporate taxes upon their foreign earnings. The Import Certificate policy would increase our GDP and numbers of jobs more than otherwise.
    Annual trade deficits are always net detrimental to their nations' GDPs and numbers of jobs.

    Respectfully, Supposn
    Last edited by Supposn; 27th January 2018 at 11:05 PM.

  3. #63
    Veteran Member carpe diem's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    28,742
    Thanks
    2742

    From
    San Diego, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Amelia View Post
    ..


    21% tax plus high-ish American wages to operate at home.

    Or 10.5% tax plus low foreign wages to take the money Congress just gave them and operate abroad.


    Decisions, decisions.
    I bet you struggled when you penned the words "High-ish" It's as if you wrote "high wages" and then realized your quandary... thought about it...choosing to -ish away the fact that we do pay people here well.

    What a perfect example in your own words you had to realize the foolishness your hatred is, yet your hatred won out.

  4. #64
    Veteran Member carpe diem's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    28,742
    Thanks
    2742

    From
    San Diego, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by OldGaffer View Post
    But always remember, corporations have Americas best interests at heart and would never, ever, engage in any corporate malfeasance, not ever...
    But always remember that our government and our fellow liberals that love more government and higher tax rates always have our best long term interests at heart...If that long term interest involves squandering more of our hard earned tax dollars and then complaining that they need even more to squander.

  5. #65
    Veteran Member carpe diem's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    28,742
    Thanks
    2742

    From
    San Diego, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by OldGaffer View Post
    Not if the product is produced in other countries and sold here.
    Some simply refuse to understand just how pricing, costs and general business really works.

  6. #66
    Veteran Member carpe diem's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    28,742
    Thanks
    2742

    From
    San Diego, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by OldGaffer View Post
    Corp B only pays tax if it shows a profit on the widgets, if all the money has already gone to Corp A the overseas subsidiary, it gets taxed at the lower rate.Corp B sells the widgets at the pass through price, showing zero profit.
    This is precisely why the taxes get deferred (and liberals scream at this too)...Because it takes a bit of time to finally realize REAL profit...it's not as simple and finite as money grubbing libs act like it is.

  7. #67
    Veteran Member carpe diem's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    28,742
    Thanks
    2742

    From
    San Diego, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Dad View Post
    Look just quit trying to spin your way out of the ignorance. Just admit that you misspoke when you posted. We all do it. Doubling down on stupidity by taking far flung examples is really not helping. The fact remains that these overseas profits that American companies, like Apple have parked overseas are there because we tax the hell out of them if they bring it back to this country. Now that the Republicans have gotten tax reform signed into law, some of that money is coming back. It's a good thing. You can try and spin it as a bad thing all day long, but your example is ignorant. If Corp B is losing money then they are ignorant and won't be around long.
    Apple just pumped 252 billion in revenue back to the US from foreign sales...because of our new tax laws.
    Thanks from Southern Dad

  8. #68
    Veteran Member carpe diem's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    28,742
    Thanks
    2742

    From
    San Diego, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Dad View Post
    OMG, the sky is falling. Your complaint is that these companies were paying little in taxes under the old system? This thread is about the tax breaks that enable companies, like Apple that have millions parked overseas to bring it back. "Fuckers"? You really hate successful companies and people, don't you?
    How many of these liberal idiots know that if you get a bill for services here in the US and if the billing is broken down into parts and labor...the parts are taxed TWICE. The first tax happens at the wholesale house at whatever the local sales tax rate is...that same part is then sold retail and it must be taxed again, by law. $10.00 wholesale part creates a .0775 tax for the US revenue system at the counter and is sold as a $14.50 part at that same .0775 rate for the US revenue system.
    Thanks from Southern Dad

  9. #69
    Member
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3,795
    Thanks
    1069

    From
    TN
    Quote Originally Posted by Supposn View Post
    Publius3, ownership transfers of enterprises' shares are transfers of wealth. Transfers of wealth do not contribute to nations' GDPs.
    Standard & Poors' or Dow Jones index numbers will eventually be affected by, but do not affect the nation's GDP. Transfers of wealth are not factors of GDP calculations. When GDP refers to investments, they are referring to goods and services invested to production, not sales of stocks and bonds.

    Respectfully, Supposn
    Don't play chess then because you're engaged in one dimensional superficial thinking. I already explained it, they buy the shares, the selling shareholder is now armed with cash. Being at the end of the chain, the assignees of the original investor does not make you any less of an investor.

  10. #70
    Veteran Member carpe diem's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    28,742
    Thanks
    2742

    From
    San Diego, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by labrea View Post
    Remember the conservative adage "corporations dont pay taxes, people pay taxes"? Here is how Americans for Tax Reform says that works:



    So the 45% you say arent paying any income taxes ARE paying income taxes for the Walmart kids, Walmart corp, and investors every time they buy Chinese-made junk at one of their stores.
    If you suddenly want to move the goal posts...how about matching fees all employers pay above the person's wages...in taxes to the state and fed..and workers comp? Of course you also leave out the fact that every business hires/uses vendors, lawyers, outside accountants, advertisers, service inbdustry...that all use vendors and all pay taxes in the process

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Russian Troll factories....
    By KnotaFrayed in forum Current Events
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 20th October 2017, 02:25 AM
  2. Jobs! Jobs! Jobs! Tuesday Tweet from the POTUS
    By Southern Dad in forum Current Events
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: 30th March 2017, 02:29 PM
  3. Workers barricade bosses in factories with tires
    By bajisima in forum Economics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 9th January 2014, 04:42 AM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 27th November 2008, 03:52 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed