Results 1 to 10 of 10
Thanks Tree1Thanks
  • 1 Post By Czernobog

Thread: Bitcoin falls

  1. #1
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    25,433
    Thanks
    6511

    From
    midwest

    Bitcoin falls

    Bitcoin falls below $10,000 briefly Wednesday, after hitting a high above $19,000 in mid December.

    It was at $1,000 at the beginning of last year to a high of nearly $20,000.

    Time to jump in?

  2. #2
    Veteran Member Eve1's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    18,819
    Thanks
    12849

    From
    My own world
    I still think its nothing more than a pyramid scheme. I'll pass thanks and stick to more tangible currency.

  3. #3
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    25,433
    Thanks
    6511

    From
    midwest
    Quote Originally Posted by Eve1 View Post
    I still think its nothing more than a pyramid scheme. I'll pass thanks and stick to more tangible currency.
    I'm with you on that.

    But, SOMEBODY'S making money, just as surely as some are losing.

    It fell nearly 20% on Wednesday only to later recover and finish nearly flat.

    That's a bit too wild for my taste...

  4. #4
    Veteran Member Eve1's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    18,819
    Thanks
    12849

    From
    My own world
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller47 View Post
    I'm with you on that.

    But, SOMEBODY'S making money, just as surely as some are losing.

    It fell nearly 20% on Wednesday only to later recover and finish nearly flat.

    That's a bit too wild for my taste...
    Of course and somebody just lost a lot of money.

  5. #5
    Veteran Member PACE's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    24,502
    Thanks
    20611

    From
    None of your business
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller47 View Post
    Bitcoin falls below $10,000 briefly Wednesday, after hitting a high above $19,000 in mid December.

    It was at $1,000 at the beginning of last year to a high of nearly $20,000.

    Time to jump in?
    Another name for junk bonds, no.

  6. #6
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    25,433
    Thanks
    6511

    From
    midwest
    "A fool and his money are soon parted".

    VERY soon if they get into Bitcoin, it would seem.

    Then again..."There's a sucker born every minute".

  7. #7
    Veteran Member bmanmcfly's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    19,560
    Thanks
    3052

    From
    C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
    Quote Originally Posted by PACE View Post
    Another name for junk bonds, no.
    Possibly, I think it has to do more with Bitcoin markets being effectively unregulated beyond the regulations built into the algorithm.

    So, if the price drops a lot of people sell, then it escalates the selling until people start buying again. There's no plunge protection team to keep things from dropping too quick.

  8. #8
    Veteran Member PACE's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    24,502
    Thanks
    20611

    From
    None of your business
    Quote Originally Posted by bmanmcfly View Post
    Possibly, I think it has to do more with Bitcoin markets being effectively unregulated beyond the regulations built into the algorithm.

    So, if the price drops a lot of people sell, then it escalates the selling until people start buying again. There's no plunge protection team to keep things from dropping too quick.
    Junk bonds

  9. #9
    DEEP STATE CEO Blues63's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    9,178
    Thanks
    6621

    From
    SPECTRE HQ
    Another scam.

  10. #10
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    35,477
    Thanks
    17709

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Eve1 View Post
    I still think its nothing more than a pyramid scheme. I'll pass thanks and stick to more tangible currency.
    My problem with crypto-currency is that it is the "Wild West" of currency, completely unregulated. Which makes it the perfect realm for OC, terrorists, and every other form of illegal activity. I'll wait to get involved until there is more oversight, and I know that I'm not helping criminals launder, and stabilise their finances on my dime.
    Thanks from bmanmcfly

Similar Threads

  1. Holy Bitcoin, Batman!
    By splansing in forum Economics
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 11th December 2017, 05:54 PM
  2. Unintended consequences, Bitcoin chapter
    By RNG in forum Science and Technology
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 7th December 2017, 05:33 PM
  3. Porn star supports Bitcoin lol
    By The Man in forum World Politics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10th October 2017, 07:04 PM
  4. Russia and Bitcoin
    By The Man in forum World Politics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 4th October 2017, 09:54 AM
  5. Get ready for a Bitcoin debit card
    By meridian5455 in forum Economics
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 29th August 2012, 04:56 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed