Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 100
Thanks Tree9Thanks

Thread: There is only one thing that has to be followed in this countries economy.

  1. #31
    Junior Member
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,847
    Thanks
    575

    From
    Minnesota
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLeRoy View Post
    There was a MASSIVE change in Fed policies when Paul Volcker took charge of the Fed in 1979. You clearly have NO idea what you are talking about. Reagan's fiscal policies, including those tax cuts, would have WORSENED inflation, NOT made it better. The tax cuts, plus the spending increases, including most especially the spending increases on defense, were adding very directly to aggregate demand. In turn, that leads to more money chasing fewer goods, a certain prescription for HIGHER prices.

    If you ever took an economics class, you certainly didn't learn very much from it.
    I always wonder if these people are simply stupid or believe the scum bag scenario lie of "three times and what you say will be believed". He got this from Hitler , who got it from Goebbels - Joseph Goebbels "“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.” The game plan for the rights plan for the future. and in no way am I kidding. This group has already sold out their country and has become this countries biggest threat. They have to go. to save this country.

  2. #32
    A Character Tennyson's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,374
    Thanks
    535

    From
    Barsoom
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLeRoy View Post
    There was a MASSIVE change in Fed policies when Paul Volcker took charge of the Fed in 1979. You clearly have NO idea what you are talking about. Reagan's fiscal policies, including those tax cuts, would have WORSENED inflation, NOT made it better. The tax cuts, plus the spending increases, including most especially the spending increases on defense, were adding very directly to aggregate demand. In turn, that leads to more money chasing fewer goods, a certain prescription for HIGHER prices.

    If you ever took an economics class, you certainly didn't learn very much from it.
    Reagan's fiscal policy of tax rate cuts is what made inflation drop. The tax rates dropped significantly, which created more discretionary after tax money, which meant more spending, which increased demand for money, which meant the Fed needed to provide more money, which meant the Fed supplied more money that was actually useful for something other than manipulating the price level. This only happened because of Reagan and his tax policies and would not, and did not, happen under Carter's fiscal policies.

  3. #33
    A Character Tennyson's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,374
    Thanks
    535

    From
    Barsoom
    Quote Originally Posted by jbander View Post
    Simply bullshit , his trickle down lie may destroy this country. and you will be rooting for it all the way.
    Do feel free to actually write an argument.

  4. #34
    Junior Member
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,847
    Thanks
    575

    From
    Minnesota
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennyson View Post
    Reagan's fiscal policy of tax rate cuts is what made inflation drop. The tax rates dropped significantly, which created more discretionary after tax money, which meant more spending, which increased demand for money, which meant the Fed needed to provide more money, which meant the Fed supplied more money that was actually useful for something other than manipulating the price level. This only happened because of Reagan and his tax policies and would not, and did not, happen under Carter's fiscal policies.
    You just have to laugh at these non thinkers

  5. #35
    Junior Member
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,847
    Thanks
    575

    From
    Minnesota
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennyson View Post
    Do feel free to actually write an argument.
    To you, what a waste of time that would be. Nonsense over nosense is nothing that should be responded to. Your simply a mono minded one string puppet. That as long as I've watched your comments to this day have never said anything even worth considering. I do find the humor with you backing up your 100% bullshit by 100% lies.

  6. #36
    A Character Tennyson's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,374
    Thanks
    535

    From
    Barsoom
    Quote Originally Posted by jbander View Post
    You just have to laugh at these non thinkers
    Do feel free to actually write an argument.

  7. #37
    Junior Member
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,847
    Thanks
    575

    From
    Minnesota
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennyson View Post
    Do feel free to actually write an argument.
    You don't exist

  8. #38
    Radical Centrist BigLeRoy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    36,407
    Thanks
    32084

    From
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennyson View Post
    Reagan's fiscal policy of tax rate cuts is what made inflation drop. The tax rates dropped significantly, which created more discretionary after tax money, which meant more spending, which increased demand for money, which meant the Fed needed to provide more money, which meant the Fed supplied more money that was actually useful for something other than manipulating the price level. This only happened because of Reagan and his tax policies and would not, and did not, happen under Carter's fiscal policies.
    The concerted level of sheer economic illiteracy in this brief paragraph would be enough to bewilder almost ANYONE who teaches Economics 101 in this or any other country. More spending and more money means MORE inflation, not less.

  9. #39
    A Character Tennyson's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,374
    Thanks
    535

    From
    Barsoom
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLeRoy View Post
    The concerted level of sheer economic illiteracy in this brief paragraph would be enough to bewilder almost ANYONE who teaches Economics 101 in this or any other country. More spending and more money means MORE inflation, not less.
    I do not know what to tell you other than that is what happened. MV = Py does not equal inflation.

  10. #40
    Radical Centrist BigLeRoy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    36,407
    Thanks
    32084

    From
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennyson View Post
    I do not know what to tell you other than that is what happened. MV = Py does not equal inflation.
    I will be quoting from economics TEXTBOOKS tomorrow when I am back in my office. You're out of your mind. You're an economics illiterate.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10th July 2013, 10:14 PM
  2. 7 countries in 5 years
    By nonsqtr in forum Conspiracy Theories
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 17th October 2012, 05:37 PM
  3. There are only three countries left...
    By Ronin Tetsuro in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 9th September 2012, 08:19 PM
  4. America's Economy is a War Economy
    By Defensor in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 19th August 2008, 12:03 PM
  5. Only 35 countries use more oil then the Pentagon
    By Buddha86 in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 25th November 2007, 07:05 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed