Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 47
Thanks Tree23Thanks

Thread: The Failed Economic Promises Of Donald Trump

  1. #31
    Radical Centrist BigLeRoy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    34,625
    Thanks
    30063

    From
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by excalibur View Post
    More lies from the lying left. Individual optimism is at high levels, business optimism at high levels. More people traveled June 29 this year, early Fourth-of-July travel, than traveled the Wednesday before Thanksgiving 2017.
    Heh, Consumer Confidence has risen by LESS THAN ONE PERCENT since Donald Trump took office. Less than ONE percent. As my older sister liked to say when something singularly unimpressed her: Big Whoop!

    Or, sometimes, she would say: Whoop-de-Do!!

    NOTHING in my OP was a lie. If you say it was, then SPECIFY it.
    Thanks from Friday13

  2. #32
    Dick with my Buzz...Try DebateDrone's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    36,884
    Thanks
    31756

    From
    SWUSA
    Quote Originally Posted by THOR View Post
    #3 was already a disaster for many. Premiums were unaffordable, deductables so high insurance for most medical issues was useless. Then if you dropped insurance out of necessity you were punished. My friend is going through this now. Now , at least he won't be financially punished for dropping insurance he can't afford anyway. Some win , some lose.

    Forecasting economic growth is just that. Tax plan has been in effect just a short while. We don't know how it will turn out. Predictions are useless, to many variables in play.
    Trump says there maybe a need to give middle class tax payers more cuts. Why?

    Is it because the first round is not really going to add up to squat?

    Trump Tax-Cut Bonuses are a Bust for Middle Class Workers, Wages Lie in a Wasteland of Failed Promises
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...steland-failed

  3. #33
    Dick with my Buzz...Try DebateDrone's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    36,884
    Thanks
    31756

    From
    SWUSA
    Quote Originally Posted by excalibur View Post
    More lies from the lying left. Individual optimism is at high levels, business optimism at high levels. More people traveled June 29 this year, early Fourth-of-July travel, than traveled the Wednesday before Thanksgiving 2017.
    Is that how you people gauge how the economy is working. Feelings?

    Dear Sweet Jesus
    Thanks from OldGaffer

  4. #34
    Established Member
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    5,268
    Thanks
    1425

    From
    The cloud
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLeRoy View Post
    Heh, Consumer Confidence has risen by LESS THAN ONE PERCENT since Donald Trump took office. Less than ONE percent. As my older sister liked to say when something singularly unimpressed her: Big Whoop!

    Or, sometimes, she would say: Whoop-de-Do!!

    NOTHING in my OP was a lie. If you say it was, then SPECIFY it.
    Ohhhhhh boy.....don't look now but leroy has yet another prediction of his go done the shitter...



    The numbers: Consumer confidence surged in February, the first month Americans started to benefit from the Trump tax cuts, to the highest level since November 2000. Evidently the recent selloff in U.S. stock markets did little to dampen their optimism.

    The index rose to 130.8 this month from a revised 124.3 in January, the Conference Board said Tuesday. Economists polled by MarketWatch had forecast the index to read 127.3.

    It’s the first time the index has surpassed 130 since Bill Clinton was president.

    What happened: Americans were more confident in both the current state of the economy and how it’s likely to perform six months from now. Even the recent

    The so-called present situation index rose to 162.4 from 154.7, the highest mark since 2001. And an index that measures future conditions moved up to 109.7 from 104, near a postrecession peak.
    What they are saying?: “Overall, consumers remain quite confident that the economy will continue expanding at a strong pace in the months ahead,” said Lynn Franco, director of economic indicators at the board.

    “The strength in the labor market and the [recent] rally in stocks has fueled most of the increase and the passage of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act has further improved consumer moods,” said Thomas Simons, senior money market economist at Jefferies LLC.


    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/co...000-2018-02-27

  5. #35
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    9,939
    Thanks
    1649

    From
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservatarian View Post
    Ohhhhhh boy.....don't look now but leroy has yet another prediction of his go done the shitter...



    The numbers: Consumer confidence surged in February, the first month Americans started to benefit from the Trump tax cuts, to the highest level since November 2000. Evidently the recent selloff in U.S. stock markets did little to dampen their optimism.

    The index rose to 130.8 this month from a revised 124.3 in January, the Conference Board said Tuesday. Economists polled by MarketWatch had forecast the index to read 127.3.

    It’s the first time the index has surpassed 130 since Bill Clinton was president.

    What happened: Americans were more confident in both the current state of the economy and how it’s likely to perform six months from now. Even the recent

    The so-called present situation index rose to 162.4 from 154.7, the highest mark since 2001. And an index that measures future conditions moved up to 109.7 from 104, near a postrecession peak.
    What they are saying?: “Overall, consumers remain quite confident that the economy will continue expanding at a strong pace in the months ahead,” said Lynn Franco, director of economic indicators at the board.

    “The strength in the labor market and the [recent] rally in stocks has fueled most of the increase and the passage of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act has further improved consumer moods,” said Thomas Simons, senior money market economist at Jefferies LLC.


    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/co...000-2018-02-27
    Gee, looks like we had a dip in Oct 2016 when Hillary looked like a slam dunk, then it skyrocketed after election day.

  6. #36
    Radical Centrist BigLeRoy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    34,625
    Thanks
    30063

    From
    Colorado
    The University of Michigan Consumer Confidence Survey, which has been around much longer than the Conference Board survey, and is considered more reliable, is telling a VERY different story, @Libertine, and @Conservatarian. Here is the link to the FRED data series on the University of Michigan Consumer Confidence Survey, maintained by the St. Louis Federal Reserve Bank:

    https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/UMCSENT/

    And what a remarkable story it tells!

    (1) Consumer Confidence has DECLINED since Mr. Trump took office. It was at 98.5 in January 2017. It was at 98.0 in May 2018. The new number for June, not yet shown on the graph, was 98.2 for June 2018, still a DECLINE from where it stood when Trump took office.


    (2) In SHARP contrast, Consumer Confidence SOARED after Mr. Obama took office. It was at 61.2 in January 2009 when Mr. Obama took office. 17 months later, in June 2010, it was at 76.0.

  7. #37
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    9,939
    Thanks
    1649

    From
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLeRoy View Post
    The University of Michigan Consumer Confidence Survey, which has been around much longer than the Conference Board survey, and is considered more reliable, is telling a VERY different story, @Libertine, and @Conservatarian. Here is the link to the FRED data series on the University of Michigan Consumer Confidence Survey, maintained by the St. Louis Federal Reserve Bank:

    https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/UMCSENT/

    And what a remarkable story it tells!

    (1) Consumer Confidence has DECLINED since Mr. Trump took office. It was at 98.5 in January 2017. It was at 98.0 in May 2018. The new number for June, not yet shown on the graph, was 98.2 for June 2018, still a DECLINE from where it stood when Trump took office.


    (2) In SHARP contrast, Consumer Confidence SOARED after Mr. Obama took office. It was at 61.2 in January 2009 when Mr. Obama took office. 17 months later, in June 2010, it was at 76.0.
    Wow 15 points, then when it became apparent what a failure the Stimulus was and how incompetent Obama was on economic matters, it dropped those 15 and then some.

    Look at the chart, what happened right after election day? We are up over 30 points on the chart.

  8. #38
    Radical Centrist BigLeRoy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    34,625
    Thanks
    30063

    From
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
    Wow 15 points, then when it became apparent what a failure the Stimulus was and how incompetent Obama was on economic matters, it dropped those 15 and then some.

    Look at the chart, what happened right after election day? We are up over 30 points on the chart.
    Up over 30 points?!? I have NO IDEA where you are getting that!

    In October 2016, just before the election, the number was 87.2 on Consumer Confidence, followed by 93.8 in November 2016, and then by 98.2 in December of that year.

    The HIGH point for the Trump era, so far, was from March of this year, the first month some people started seeing some extra money in their pay checks from the Trump tax cut, with the reading of 101.4 on Consumer Confidence.

    Even if you're taking that number, the difference from the October 2016 reading, right before the election, is only 101.4 - 87.2 = 14.2, which is not even HALF of 30.

    Are you struggling with your arithmetic again, Libertine? Sure seems like it.

  9. #39
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    9,939
    Thanks
    1649

    From
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLeRoy View Post
    Up over 30 points?!? I have NO IDEA where you are getting that!

    In October 2016, just before the election, the number was 87.2 on Consumer Confidence, followed by 93.8 in November 2016, and then by 98.2 in December of that year.

    The HIGH point for the Trump era, so far, was from March of this year, the first month some people started seeing some extra money in their pay checks from the Trump tax cut, with the reading of 101.4 on Consumer Confidence.

    Even if you're taking that number, the difference from the October 2016 reading, right before the election, is only 101.4 - 87.2 = 14.2, which is not even HALF of 30.

    Are you struggling with your arithmetic again, Libertine? Sure seems like it.
    Did you look at the posted chart?

    Obama's CC peaked in Jan 2015 and was in decline. All of a sudden it took off in November 2016 after declining in October 2016. Hum, what happened in November 2016 that could have had an impact???
    Thanks from excalibur

  10. #40
    Under Protest excalibur's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    11,420
    Thanks
    3611

    From
    The Milky Way
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
    Did you look at the posted chart?

    Obama's CC peaked in Jan 2015 and was in decline. All of a sudden it took off in November 2016 after declining in October 2016. Hum, what happened in November 2016 that could have had an impact???

    Alex: Trump won?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 13th January 2017, 03:26 PM
  2. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 29th November 2016, 04:12 PM
  3. Replies: 84
    Last Post: 14th November 2016, 09:32 AM
  4. Donald Trump's economic plan won’t fix middle America
    By DemoWhip in forum Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 27th August 2016, 05:02 PM
  5. Donald Trump to lay out economic agenda
    By RNG in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 8th August 2016, 02:16 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed