Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 47 of 47
Thanks Tree23Thanks

Thread: The Failed Economic Promises Of Donald Trump

  1. #41
    Radical Centrist BigLeRoy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    35,104
    Thanks
    30536

    From
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by excalibur View Post
    Alex: Trump won?
    Did you somehow miss the news that Consumer Confidence has actually DECLINED since Trump actually took office, according to the widely-cited University of Michigan Consumer Confidence Survey? Did you miss that?

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    10,049
    Thanks
    1669

    From
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLeRoy View Post
    Did you somehow miss the news that Consumer Confidence has actually DECLINED since Trump actually took office, according to the widely-cited University of Michigan Consumer Confidence Survey? Did you miss that?
    So what exactly did Obama do in November of 2016 that reversed the decline in consumer confidence that began in February 2015?

  3. #43
    Radical Centrist BigLeRoy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    35,104
    Thanks
    30536

    From
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
    So what exactly did Obama do in November of 2016 that reversed the decline in consumer confidence that began in February 2015?
    Huh?!?? Nowhere did I say or even imply that he did. I merely observed that your big spike in consumer confidence after Trump was elected, which was real enough, completely fizzled out once he actually took office, at least as per the University of Michigan Consumer Confidence Survey.


    Do let me know if you are still disputing that. I tire and weary of running you through the numbers, which are obvious as all hell, but will do so one more time, if necessary.
    Thanks from labrea

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    10,049
    Thanks
    1669

    From
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLeRoy View Post
    Huh?!?? Nowhere did I say or even imply that he did. I merely observed that your big spike in consumer confidence after Trump was elected, which was real enough, completely fizzled out once he actually took office, at least as per the University of Michigan Consumer Confidence Survey.


    Do let me know if you are still disputing that. I tire and weary of running you through the numbers, which are obvious as all hell, but will do so one more time, if necessary.
    So consumer confidence has dropped to a lower level than we suffered through with Obama?

    Is consumer confidence higher now than it has been in 10 years?

  5. #45
    Radical Centrist BigLeRoy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    35,104
    Thanks
    30536

    From
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
    So consumer confidence has dropped to a lower level than we suffered through with Obama?

    Is consumer confidence higher now than it has been in 10 years?
    No, it's not, not according to the University of Michigan Consumer Confidence Survey. It has actually fallen a bit since March of this year. That was the high point of the last ten years. That's the answer to your second question.

    Your first question is kind of garbled. Again, consumer confidence ROSE almost consistently during the Obama years, save for TWO periods: the summer of 2011, when we had the Republican-created debt ceiling fiasco, with S&P downgrading the credit rating of America and BLAMING it on the Republicans in Congress; and then again leading up to the election of 2016, which was perfectly understandable, given the MASSIVE UNCERTAINTY about the future direction of U.S. economic policy. We've been through this before, Libertine. Why do you do this? Why this infantile stuff on your part, where you force me to rebut your stupid arguments over and over and over again? STOP IT. Stop being a fucking child. Grow up.

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    10,049
    Thanks
    1669

    From
    Banned
    What happened to consumer confidence in October 2016?

    How did consumer confidence look from Jan 2015 through October 2016, was the trend up or down?

    In 2016 it looked like Hillary was the shoo in, what happened to CC in 2016, all the way through October?

    What happened to CC when Trump won?
    Last edited by Libertine; 3rd July 2018 at 05:37 PM.

  7. #47
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    35,242
    Thanks
    27965

    From
    On a hill
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLeRoy View Post
    No, it's not, not according to the University of Michigan Consumer Confidence Survey. It has actually fallen a bit since March of this year. That was the high point of the last ten years. That's the answer to your second question.

    Your first question is kind of garbled. Again, consumer confidence ROSE almost consistently during the Obama years, save for TWO periods: the summer of 2011, when we had the Republican-created debt ceiling fiasco, with S&P downgrading the credit rating of America and BLAMING it on the Republicans in Congress; and then again leading up to the election of 2016, which was perfectly understandable, given the MASSIVE UNCERTAINTY about the future direction of U.S. economic policy. We've been through this before, Libertine. Why do you do this? Why this infantile stuff on your part, where you force me to rebut your stupid arguments over and over and over again? STOP IT. Stop being a fucking child. Grow up.
    He's in denial.
    Thanks from BigLeRoy

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 13th January 2017, 03:26 PM
  2. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 29th November 2016, 04:12 PM
  3. Replies: 84
    Last Post: 14th November 2016, 09:32 AM
  4. Donald Trump's economic plan won’t fix middle America
    By DemoWhip in forum Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 27th August 2016, 05:02 PM
  5. Donald Trump to lay out economic agenda
    By RNG in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 8th August 2016, 02:16 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed