Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 42
Thanks Tree14Thanks

Thread: Troubles for Tesla

  1. #31
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    9,939
    Thanks
    1649

    From
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NightSwimmer View Post
    They've had production problems with this model as well. These things happen sometimes. It's a relatively young company.
    Yeah, 15 years isn't enough time too learn how to make a car, it is long enough to lose tens of billions with year over year losses.

  2. #32
    Veteran Member bajisima's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    46,121
    Thanks
    28162

    From
    New Hampshire
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueneck View Post
    And I keep seeing these commercials for cars that stop by themselves. What if you don't want to stop? What if there's a tornado and you're trying to get away, but you can't because the car keeps stopping every time a piece of debris blows across the road? Not likely, but I have to wonder how sensitive these sensors are and if it's really practical for the car to come to a complete stop when there's an obstacle regardless of what it is.
    Or you are being chased by some dude with road rage? I had to speed up once to get away from this lunatic guy who was trying to drive me off the road chasing me. If the car wont allow all that or to even speed up, we are sitting ducks from some nut.
    Thanks from Blueneck

  3. #33
    Shut up and vote Addiction Solitaire Champion, Double Deuce Champion, Queen Jewels Champion, Ray Ray Shuffle Champion, Twins Champion, Blow Up: Arcade Champion, Bunch - Time Trial Champion, Znax Champion, Zoo Keeper Champion, Sobics School Champion, Swap a Smiley Champion, Makos Champion, Dino Drop Champion, Flower Frenzy Champion, Some Puzzle Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, CubeZ Champion, Dinky Smash Champion, Fun Fun Animals Champion, Fruit Fabriek Champion, Raft Wars Champion, Rainbow Monkey RunDown Champion, Raft Wars Champion, Crime Puzzle Champion Blueneck's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    49,631
    Thanks
    27684

    From
    Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by bajisima View Post
    Or you are being chased by some dude with road rage? I had to speed up once to get away from this lunatic guy who was trying to drive me off the road chasing me. If the car wont allow all that or to even speed up, we are sitting ducks from some nut.
    LOL, that movie "Duel" couldn't be made today.

  4. #34
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    27,415
    Thanks
    6960

    From
    midwest
    Then there was the Tesla that burned to a crisp this weekend in L.A.

    Actress Mary McCormack "tweeted a video of the electric car shooting flames from underneath the vehicle near its front tires".

    There was no collision, it ignited "out of the blue" she tweeted.

    More bad pub for the company...

    latimes.com
    Thanks from bajisima

  5. #35
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    27,415
    Thanks
    6960

    From
    midwest
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueneck View Post
    LOL, that movie "Duel" couldn't be made today.
    How many movies have essentially one actor?

    Even Castaway had another star.

  6. #36
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    27,415
    Thanks
    6960

    From
    midwest
    Tesla hits production goals for Model 3

    "Tesla Inc made 5,031 lower priced Model 3 electric cars during the last week of June, surpassing the oft missed goal of 3,000 per week.

    But, the company still only managed to crank out an average of 2,198 per week for the quarter.

    CEO Elon Musk has promised to post a net profit and cash flow in the third and fourth quarters.

    The company has had only two profitable quarters in its 15 year history."

    Maybe things are finally turning around for Tesla.

    Or maybe not.

  7. #37
    Established Member
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    4,075
    Thanks
    1157

    From
    TN
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller47 View Post
    Tesla hits production goals for Model 3

    "Tesla Inc made 5,031 lower priced Model 3 electric cars during the last week of June, surpassing the oft missed goal of 3,000 per week.

    But, the company still only managed to crank out an average of 2,198 per week for the quarter.

    CEO Elon Musk has promised to post a net profit and cash flow in the third and fourth quarters.

    The company has had only two profitable quarters in its 15 year history."

    Maybe things are finally turning around for Tesla.

    Or maybe not.
    It is and if he starts putting it all together where Tesla os cash flow positive, it'll be a viable company.

    The SECOND issue still remains valuation, a completely separate issue. 5k cars per week is great but the market is valuing Tesla like they are Ford or GM. And of course Tesla's production pales in comparison. I'm bearish on Tesla generally, but I am rooting for him and no way would I personally bet against him.

  8. #38
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    27,415
    Thanks
    6960

    From
    midwest
    Quote Originally Posted by publius3 View Post
    It is and if he starts putting it all together where Tesla os cash flow positive, it'll be a viable company.

    The SECOND issue still remains valuation, a completely separate issue. 5k cars per week is great but the market is valuing Tesla like they are Ford or GM. And of course Tesla's production pales in comparison. I'm bearish on Tesla generally, but I am rooting for him and no way would I personally bet against him.
    Yeah, maybe it will be a real car company, some day.

    Musk thinks so because he wrote a note to employees, "I think we just became a real car company".

    Don't go looking to order your Model 3 just yet, not the cheapest model, anyway.

    Currently the cheapest Model 3 that can be ordered costs around $49,000, and they can run upwards of $70,000.

    The Model 3 is supposed to be the car that saves the company.

    Meanwhile, Moody's Investor Service downgraded Tesla's debt into junk territory back in March, warning that Tesla won't have cash to cover $3.7 Billion for normal operations, capital expenses, and debt that comes due early next year.

    We shall see...

  9. #39
    Senior Member Loki's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    10,273
    Thanks
    3893

    From
    East coast USA
    The center console only would suck, for sure.
    Think how easy to glance down at dash, now you must look over, focus on center.
    Sound like a distraction to me.

  10. #40
    Senior Member Loki's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    10,273
    Thanks
    3893

    From
    East coast USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueneck View Post
    And I keep seeing these commercials for cars that stop by themselves. What if you don't want to stop? What if there's a tornado and you're trying to get away, but you can't because the car keeps stopping every time a piece of debris blows across the road? Not likely, but I have to wonder how sensitive these sensors are and if it's really practical for the car to come to a complete stop when there's an obstacle regardless of what it is.
    My Jeep does that, it has anti collision, and if it actions the dash lights red, and the brakes are applied automatic. This is very annoying some times but life or car saving at others.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. New troubles between Serbia and Kosovo
    By The Man in forum Current Events
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 15th January 2017, 07:10 PM
  2. Cruzin for a Bruisin got some troubles
    By PACE in forum Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22nd November 2015, 02:06 PM
  3. Christie's Troubles are Just Beginning
    By Steam Heat in forum Political Controversies
    Replies: 173
    Last Post: 15th March 2015, 03:31 PM
  4. I see troubles with this......
    By Rorschach in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 222
    Last Post: 20th August 2013, 03:39 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed