Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 71 to 79 of 79
Thanks Tree59Thanks

Thread: Vermont Will Pay You Up To $10,000 To Move There And Work Remotely

  1. #71
    ~Standing My Ground~ Sassy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    45,117
    Thanks
    17879

    From
    God Bless Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by bajisima View Post
    Its the solitary that make people weird, I am convinced.
    I agree.

  2. #72
    Radical Centrist BigLeRoy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    33,023
    Thanks
    28195

    From
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by bajisima View Post
    Its the solitary that make people weird, I am convinced.
    When one woman heard about the very high ratio of men to women in Alaska, she figured it would be a good place to go husband-hunting. But one woman who was already up there in Alaska, perhaps for that very reason, texted or Twittered her----can't remember which----and said, "Ladies, the odds are good, but the goods are odd."

    Heh.
    Thanks from bajisima and HCProf

  3. #73
    ~Standing My Ground~ Sassy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    45,117
    Thanks
    17879

    From
    God Bless Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by bigleroy View Post
    when one woman heard about the very high ratio of men to women in alaska, she figured it would be a good place to go husband-hunting. But one woman who was already up there in alaska, perhaps for that very reason, texted or twittered her----can't remember which----and said, "ladies, the odds are good, but the goods are odd."

    heh.
    lol

  4. #74
    olguy OlGuy's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2016
    Posts
    2,316
    Thanks
    453

    From
    california
    Anybody moving to Vermont from a warm state better brace themselves for heating costs and snow removal problems.
    Thanks from bajisima

  5. #75
    Veteran Member bajisima's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    45,459
    Thanks
    27537

    From
    New Hampshire
    Quote Originally Posted by OlGuy View Post
    Anybody moving to Vermont from a warm state better brace themselves for heating costs and snow removal problems.
    Lots of dirt roads too with frost heaves. Paving in northern New England is a luxury!
    Thanks from OlGuy

  6. #76
    Veteran Member Chief's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    28,243
    Thanks
    9292

    From
    Earth
    But still.. we gotta help our Vermont buddies out. If anyone takes them up on this and moves to Vermont on this program, I'll provide them $5 to help with the costs to pave their roads. However, logistics may be an issue.. since I realize you may not have internet access, perhaps not even phone service, so the way I'll support you is you tell me what your favorite sundae is, and I'll drop by 31 flavors and eat a sundae of your choice, and then tell you all about it on PH. It makes me so happy to be able to support my fellow Americans.



  7. #77
    Veteran Member Southern Dad's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    37,113
    Thanks
    7595

    From
    Shady Dale, Georgia
    Imagine if a large number of conservatives moved there.

  8. #78
    Veteran Member bajisima's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    45,459
    Thanks
    27537

    From
    New Hampshire
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Dad View Post
    Imagine if a large number of conservatives moved there.
    Actually historically Vermont was a solid red state. It wasnt until the hippie movement in the 70s when it turned blue. Now as they are aging, there is a more conservative movement there. They currently have a R for governor and Rs gained more state seats.

  9. #79
    Nuisance Factor Yeti 8 Jungle Swing Champion, YetiSports 4 - Albatross Overload Champion, YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion boontito's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    94,617
    Thanks
    71956

    From
    <-- "Meme Boy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief View Post
    But still.. we gotta help our Vermont buddies out. If anyone takes them up on this and moves to Vermont on this program, I'll provide them $5 to help with the costs to pave their roads. However, logistics may be an issue.. since I realize you may not have internet access, perhaps not even phone service, so the way I'll support you is you tell me what your favorite sundae is, and I'll drop by 31 flavors and eat a sundae of your choice, and then tell you all about it on PH. It makes me so happy to be able to support my fellow Americans.


    Now, you've done it!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Similar Threads

  1. Google assistant used to shoot gun remotely
    By bajisima in forum Current Events
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 2nd June 2018, 05:26 AM
  2. Americans no longer move for work
    By bajisima in forum Current Events
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10th May 2017, 08:01 AM
  3. Why is this remotely acceptable?
    By Blueneck in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 15th December 2014, 11:57 AM
  4. FBI can remotely turn on your webcam
    By bajisima in forum Current Events
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 13th December 2013, 10:57 AM
  5. Prison work crews cut in cost-savings move
    By Divine Wind in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 16th September 2011, 07:04 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed