Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16
Thanks Tree22Thanks

Thread: Intel CEO ousted after consensual relationship with employee

  1. #11
    Radical Centrist BigLeRoy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    35,101
    Thanks
    30533

    From
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    Gotta love these Puritan times.
    Neo-Puritan: A person who spends their entire life worrying that someone, somewhere, might actually be having fun.

    That's from The Devil's Dictionary, by Ambrose Bierce, an essential reference work in ANY halfway-decent library.
    Thanks from Hollywood

  2. #12
    Human Bean KnotaFrayed's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    15,244
    Thanks
    12752

    From
    Here
    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    Gotta love these Puritan times.
    On some levels I agree, on other levels there are legitimate reasons for such rules that are not only based on moral strictness, but on very practical reasoning regarding mountains of evidence of what people in love have done, under that spell. One example is discussion of corporate proprietary information based on the notion the "partner" in love has been entrusted with the same level of knowing such things, when technically, they have not been and may not be aware of the consequences to a company, should they repeat what was heard in casual conversation based a trust, bound only by love, which we know nowadays, can be just as temporary, as it is long term. I think the idea is that a company should not be put at risk because an upper level employee might discuss privileged information with a lower level employee, based on their love interest. It could be if someone is to be promoted or fired or an acquisition is to be made or a deal to sell a subsidiary or a share of the company, large layoffs, etc. that should not be revealed below a certain level. There is the "loose lips, sink ships" concern, but then love, for all it's splendor, can wreak a lot of havoc and keeping secrets, corporate or otherwise, has always created dilemmas.......transparency is good, but then there is TMI.....and not because it is an imagined turn off to know too much about someone's bowel movements, but because sometimes information in the hands of the wrong people, truly can, sink ships.
    Thanks from BigLeRoy and The Man

  3. #13
    Radical Centrist BigLeRoy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    35,101
    Thanks
    30533

    From
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by KnotaFrayed View Post
    On some levels I agree, on other levels there are legitimate reasons for such rules that are not only based on moral strictness, but on very practical reasoning regarding mountains of evidence of what people in love have done, under that spell. One example is discussion of corporate proprietary information based on the notion the "partner" in love has been entrusted with the same level of knowing such things, when technically, they have not been and may not be aware of the consequences to a company, should they repeat what was heard in casual conversation based a trust, bound only by love, which we know nowadays, can be just as temporary, as it is long term. I think the idea is that a company should not be put at risk because an upper level employee might discuss privileged information with a lower level employee, based on their love interest. It could be if someone is to be promoted or fired or an acquisition is to be made or a deal to sell a subsidiary or a share of the company, large layoffs, etc. that should not be revealed below a certain level. There is the "loose lips, sink ships" concern, but then love, for all it's splendor, can wreak a lot of havoc and keeping secrets, corporate or otherwise, has always created dilemmas.......transparency is good, but then there is TMI.....and not because it is an imagined turn off to know too much about someone's bowel movements, but because sometimes information in the hands of the wrong people, truly can, sink ships.
    You're right, of course, and this is also why it WAS a serious scandal when General David Petraeus had an affair and was passing on classified information to his 'mistress'.....
    Thanks from KnotaFrayed and bajisima

  4. #14
    Human Bean KnotaFrayed's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    15,244
    Thanks
    12752

    From
    Here
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLeRoy View Post
    Neo-Puritan: A person who spends their entire life worrying that someone, somewhere, might actually be having fun.

    That's from The Devil's Dictionary, by Ambrose Bierce, an essential reference work in ANY halfway-decent library.
    Then, there are those, too!

    Anton LaVey, founder of the Church of Satan also has an unusual (but perhaps befitting to those who worshp the satan) set of ethics.
    THE CHURCH OF SATAN

    Although there appear to be contradictions in what he claims about Satan, there are also some recognizable characteristics that may sound familiar with regard to how some people appear to behave.



    "The Nine Satanic Statements"

    "The alchemical symbol for Sulfur, as it appears in The Satanic Bible above the Nine Satanic Statements."

    "The Nine Satanic Statements are a set of nine assertions made by LaVey in the introductory chapters of The Satanic Bible. They are considered a touchstone of contemporary organized Satanism that constitute, in effect, brief aphorisms that capture Satanic philosophy.[110] The first three statements touch on “indulgence”, “vital existence” and “undefiled wisdom” which presents a positive view of the Satanist as a carnal, physical and pragmatic being, where enjoyment of physical existence and an undiluted view of this-worldly truth are promoted as the core values of Satanism, combining elements of Darwinism and Epicureanism. Statement four, five and six deal in matters of ethics, through “kindness to those who deserve it”, “vengeance” and “responsibility to the responsible”, painting a harsh picture of society and human relations by emphasizing justice rather than love. Statements seven, eight and nine reject the dignity of man, sin and the Christian church. Humans are characterized as “just another animal”, traditional “sins” are promoted as means for gratification, and religion as mere business. The adversarial and antinomian aspect of Satan takes precedence in support of statements four through nine, with non-conformity being presented as a core ideal."[111]

    "Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence."
    "Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams."
    "Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit."
    "Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it, instead of love wasted on ingrates."
    "Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek."
    "Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires."
    "Satan represents man as just another animal who, because of his "divine spiritual and intellectual development", has become the most vicious animal of all."
    "Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification."
    "Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as he has kept it in business all these years."[112]

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaVeyan_Satanism
    Last edited by KnotaFrayed; 21st June 2018 at 03:02 PM.
    Thanks from BigLeRoy

  5. #15
    The Un-Holy One The Man's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    38,606
    Thanks
    23597

    From
    Toronto
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Has no one ever heard of the wise old adage, "Never dip your pen into company ink?"
    Considering that few people use quill pens anymore... lol Sounds like a VERY old expression
    Thanks from BigLeRoy and Hollywood

  6. #16
    Human Bean KnotaFrayed's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    15,244
    Thanks
    12752

    From
    Here
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLeRoy View Post
    You're right, of course, and this is also why it WAS a serious scandal when General David Petraeus had an affair and was passing on classified information to his 'mistress'.....
    I forgot to mention the other side of love in some relationships, to which there are also mountains of evidence, regarding some breakups of what began as a loving relationship. People have done some pretty nasty things in the process of a breakup, also including murder. Revenge may seem sweet on some levels, but on other levels and in cases like this, it could cost a lot of people their jobs and not because they had anything to do with the love affair, but because the company they work for was harmed as a part of someone's lover's revenge. It doesn't matter if the CEO was a man or a woman or the same with the other employee they had a love interest with. A stung CEO could just as easily take their vengeance out on that employee, when their love relationship had nothing to do with that employees capacity to perform their job.

    Lots of corporations just don't want to be stuck in the middle of the worst things that love and breakups can wrought. It's certainly a dilemma since love should be encouraged when it is genuine and long lasting, but it should also be recognized that it is not always so and things change in any number of ways or things are revealed about someone which were unknown at the time love began and in some cases, destroy the love and reasons anyone should stay with those that either changed or revealed a not so loving side about themselves, later on.
    Last edited by KnotaFrayed; 21st June 2018 at 03:31 PM.
    Thanks from BigLeRoy and The Man

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Consensual Non Monogamy In Committed Relationships . Why Not??m
    By ProgressivePatriot in forum Sexuality
    Replies: 116
    Last Post: 21st April 2017, 04:14 PM
  2. Question to ponder about consensual sex?
    By TNVolunteer73 in forum Current Events
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10th June 2016, 01:50 AM
  3. Drinking and Consensual Sex
    By godlessheathen in forum Sexuality
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12th January 2015, 10:20 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10th May 2013, 04:49 AM
  5. Governor ousted
    By wingrider in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 31st January 2009, 07:08 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed