Members banned from this thread: Pragmatist and orangecat


Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 324
Thanks Tree135Thanks

Thread: Meet the Press Tariff Report Very Questionable

  1. #261
    Master political analyst Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    12,790
    Thanks
    6902

    From
    The formerly great golden state
    Quote Originally Posted by rwb72 View Post
    China does not have the MARKET that we in the US have. They have a lot of people, but they're dirt poor and lack DISPOSABLE INCOME. Even the incomes of those working in manufacturing are low, because their wages are pitiful. Simple fact is without our MARKET, China is in a bind.

    Want a confirmation on that ? > Easy. Take a walk through WalMart someday, and just look at a few dozen items sitting on the shelves, for sale. See how many of them say "Made in China"

    Banker or no banker, they need us far more than we need them.

    PS - no amount of money can ever repay us, for what we did for China in World War II.. Without us, and the lives lost of tens of thousands of our US troops, China would not even EXIST right now.
    China existed long before there was a United States, and still would be around were we still a British Commonwealth.
    Mao is dead, China has discovered capitalism and trade
    and as a result, the Chinese are rapidly gaining wealth.

    If Chinese are still "dirt poor" and therefore have no market, someone needs to explain that to the folks at Tesla.

    Tesla’s Latest Aim: Build 500,000 Cars a Year in China for the Chinese market.
    Thanks from BigLeRoy and EnigmaO01

  2. #262
    Radical Centrist BigLeRoy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    35,132
    Thanks
    30558

    From
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    China existed long before there was a United States, and still would be around were we still a British Commonwealth.
    Mao is dead, China has discovered capitalism and trade
    and as a result, the Chinese are rapidly gaining wealth.

    If Chinese are still "dirt poor" and therefore have no market, someone needs to explain that to the folks at Tesla.

    Tesla’s Latest Aim: Build 500,000 Cars a Year in China for the Chinese market.
    This guy is so MASSIVELY misinformed about China that it is simply bewildering. I guess he must think that Elon Musk is just plain stupid, or something. China is the fastest growing consumer market in the history of the world.

  3. #263
    Radical Centrist BigLeRoy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    35,132
    Thanks
    30558

    From
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by rwb72 View Post
    This could have been true, if only the Trump tariffs were only on steel and aluminum. Fact is though, Trump's tariff policies are wide and encompassing, and covering MANY things. And you still don't get the relationship between price and business income. Thousands of 18 year old college kids who just passed a college microeconomics course could well explain it to you. Problem is, you seem to be a slow learner.
    You're really embarrassing yourself in this entire thread. There IS no 'bell-shaped curve relationship between price and business income'. And you haven't even DEFINED what the FUCK you mean by 'business income', whether you're talking about revenues or profits. You don't seem to even understand the difference between the two. I TAUGHT those college microeconomics classes for nearly 30 years, dude. And you're FLUNKING that course right now.

  4. #264
    Radical Centrist BigLeRoy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    35,132
    Thanks
    30558

    From
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by rwb72 View Post
    China does not have the MARKET that we in the US have. They have a lot of people, but they're dirt poor and lack DISPOSABLE INCOME. Even the incomes of those working in manufacturing are low, because their wages are pitiful. Simple fact is without our MARKET, China is in a bind.

    Want a confirmation on that ? > Easy. Take a walk through WalMart someday, and just look at a few dozen items sitting on the shelves, for sale. See how many of them say "Made in China"

    Banker or no banker, they need us far more than we need them.

    PS - no amount of money can ever repay us, for what we did for China in World War II.. Without us, and the lives lost of tens of thousands of our US troops, China would not even EXIST right now.
    Shaking my head. If the Chinese 'lack disposable income', why are they buying cars and motorcycles and TV sets and Blu-Ray players like crazy?? Maybe you're not quite clear on the whole concept, but you DO need some disposable income to do that. Sheesh.

  5. #265
    Master political analyst Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    12,790
    Thanks
    6902

    From
    The formerly great golden state
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLeRoy View Post
    This guy is so MASSIVELY misinformed about China that it is simply bewildering. I guess he must think that Elon Musk is just plain stupid, or something. China is the fastest growing consumer market in the history of the world.
    and massively misinformed rather loudly.

    He who knows not, and knows that he knows not, is a child. Teach him.
    He who knows, but knows not that he knows, as asleep. Wake him.
    He who knows not, and knows not that he knows not, is a fool. Shun him.
    He who knows, and knows that he knows is wise. Follow him.

    Old proverb. Maybe Chinese, I don't know. Obviously written by someone who knows and knows that he knows.
    Thanks from BigLeRoy

  6. #266
    New Member rwb72's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    689
    Thanks
    76

    From
    Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    China existed long before there was a United States, and still would be around were we still a British Commonwealth.
    Mao is dead, China has discovered capitalism and trade
    and as a result, the Chinese are rapidly gaining wealth.

    If Chinese are still "dirt poor" and therefore have no market, someone needs to explain that to the folks at Tesla.

    Tesla’s Latest Aim: Build 500,000 Cars a Year in China for the Chinese market.
    Some people need to be told twice. No amount of money can ever repay us, for what we did for China in World War II.. Without us, and the lives lost of tens of thousands of our US troops, China would not even EXIST right now.

    I did not say > the Chinese have no market. Those were your words. I said "China does not have the MARKET that we in the US have." And I said "without our MARKET, China is in a bind."

    And your link doesn't work - requires subscription. Until I can read the link article, I'm going to assume Tesla will Build 500,000 Cars a Year in China, but not for a China market.

  7. #267
    New Member rwb72's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    689
    Thanks
    76

    From
    Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLeRoy View Post
    This guy is so MASSIVELY misinformed about China that it is simply bewildering. I guess he must think that Elon Musk is just plain stupid, or something. China is the fastest growing consumer market in the history of the world.
    Growing doesn't = grown. Bottom line. They need us more than we need them.

  8. #268
    New Member rwb72's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    689
    Thanks
    76

    From
    Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLeRoy View Post
    You're really embarrassing yourself in this entire thread. There IS no 'bell-shaped curve relationship between price and business income'. And you haven't even DEFINED what the FUCK you mean by 'business income', whether you're talking about revenues or profits. You don't seem to even understand the difference between the two. I TAUGHT those college microeconomics classes for nearly 30 years, dude. And you're FLUNKING that course right now.
    I taught it for 3 years, and YOU are flunking it right now. What do I mean by business income ? Uh, the income you get in a business. Duh!
    And yes I did specify. Did you notice the word SALES$$ in the OP ? SALES which produce business income. Like I said > you're a slow learner.

    And you still can't grasp the bell-shaped curve relationship between price and business income. You say there isn't any. Millions of 18 year old college freshmen could prove you wrong in one minute. I wonder what YOUR criterea is for setting a price on your product. Your lucky number ?

    If you've got your price set right, any raise in price will cause SALES REDUCTIONS (and thereby, income reductions), and that's why your set price isn't negotiable. Can't be raised. Gee that was really tough, huh ? Gosh, what rocket science. Dude, I don't believe you have ever set foot in a college classroom. You just talk a lot. Too much.

  9. #269
    New Member rwb72's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    689
    Thanks
    76

    From
    Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    and massively misinformed rather loudly.

    He who knows not, and knows that he knows not, is a child. Teach him.
    He who knows, but knows not that he knows, as asleep. Wake him.
    He who knows not, and knows not that he knows not, is a fool. Shun him.
    He who knows, and knows that he knows is wise. Follow him.

    Old proverb. Maybe Chinese, I don't know. Obviously written by someone who knows and knows that he knows.
    I have taught you in this thread. Just the OP alone. You're welcome.

    And how would YOU set YOUR price, of YOUR product ? Pulling the number out of a hat ?

    I've never seen such numbskulls.
    Last edited by rwb72; 13th July 2018 at 10:03 PM.

  10. #270
    New Member rwb72's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    689
    Thanks
    76

    From
    Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLeRoy View Post
    Shaking my head. If the Chinese 'lack disposable income', why are they buying cars and motorcycles and TV sets and Blu-Ray players like crazy?? Maybe you're not quite clear on the whole concept, but you DO need some disposable income to do that. Sheesh.
    As I said >> China does not have the MARKET that we in the US have.... Simple fact is without our MARKET, China is in a bind. They need us more than we need them.

Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 5th June 2017, 08:52 PM
  2. Meet The Press
    By Lilly in forum Current Events
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 23rd December 2014, 06:52 AM
  3. Meet the Press
    By Czernobog in forum Current Events
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 26th August 2012, 10:39 PM
  4. Biden on Meet the Press
    By justoneman in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 16th February 2010, 07:11 AM
  5. Meet the Press for Idiots
    By Luigi in forum Political Humor
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 8th March 2007, 08:19 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed