Members banned from this thread: Pragmatist


Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 114
Thanks Tree121Thanks

Thread: AZ DoE now leads the nation in denying Evolution

  1. #21
    Radical Centrist BigLeRoy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    36,167
    Thanks
    31829

    From
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by THOR View Post
    If you are going to promote evolution, you have to take it all the way. You can't just conveniently quit when theories and evidence run out. If you want to say it all started with the Big Bang....
    where did the mass for this come from? Why did the elements of the periodic table happen to be there. It is beyond our grasp at some point.
    And by this reasoning, we should stop teaching the periodic table.

    My God, we should go back to living in caves, I guess.

    I'd rather not follow Thor back to the Cro-Magnon era. I kinda like civilization and modern science.
    Thanks from Friday13 and Ian Jeffrey

  2. #22
    Radical Centrist BigLeRoy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    36,167
    Thanks
    31829

    From
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by THOR View Post
    Just sayin, if you are going to teach a theory, you can't just drop it where you want. You will have to keep going back further in time. Not lumping the two together. At some point the 7th grade kid will ask his teacher how life came from non life. Along the way the evidence trail gets pretty thin.
    And if the kid has a GOOD 7th grade teacher, that teacher should introduce the kid to all the various ideas that NASA is exploring as to how life might have originated here on Earth.

    Or maybe Thor doesn't WANT America's kids thinking about such things, and would rather CHINA'S kids, and RUSSIA'S kids, and JAPAN'S kids, and SOUTH KOREA'S kids, be the explorers of the future.

    Yikes. Thor wants America to become a BACKWARDS country, I guess.

    Hey. No wonder he's a Trump supporter.
    Thanks from Friday13 and Ian Jeffrey

  3. #23
    Radical Centrist BigLeRoy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    36,167
    Thanks
    31829

    From
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by THOR View Post
    I never once mentioned religion, god , creation. The theory of evolution was the topic. If man evolved from something before it, then you have to keep going back in time. Keep going back in time and observable facts run thin. If you want to teach evolution as fact , you better come up with a lot of them.
    Man DID evolve from something that came before us. My GOD, have you NEVER heard of Neanderthals? What the FUCK do you think they WERE, Thor? Figments of someone's imagination???????

    By the way, the Neanderthals were our close cousins, NOT our ancestors. We interbred with them. The PROOF of that is in our genes. You're not going to dispute that we can analyze our genes, are you, Thor?
    Thanks from Friday13 and Michael J

  4. #24
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    27,617
    Thanks
    5174

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLeRoy View Post
    Man DID evolve from something that came before us. My GOD, have you NEVER heard of Neanderthals? What the FUCK do you think they WERE, Thor? Figments of someone's imagination???????

    By the way, the Neanderthals were our close cousins, NOT our ancestors. We interbred with them. The PROOF of that is in our genes. You're not going to dispute that we can analyze our genes, are you, Thor?
    Sure man evolved or is related to Neanderthals, as there is evidence of that. Show us how we made the jump from kingdom, phylum, class, order, family, genus, species. Where is the evidence of that?
    Talking in terms of theory is one thing, stating it as fact is another.

    As for the periodic table, we can see and identify the elements. How they came about is another question. Tell us how the periodic table assembled itself and biology came into existence.
    Last edited by THOR; 26th May 2018 at 05:21 AM.

  5. #25
    Veteran Member Dragonfly5's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2007
    Posts
    16,988
    Thanks
    13503

    From
    Houston, Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by THOR View Post
    Waiting for the official explanation of how life came from non life. How the elements of the periodic table assembled themselves and started biology.
    Waiting for the official explanation of how god assembled himself from this matter.

  6. #26
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    27,617
    Thanks
    5174

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly5 View Post
    Waiting for the official explanation of how god assembled himself from this matter.
    Neither point will be scientifically proven. Both sides need faith in their view.

  7. #27
    Southern Strategy Liberal OldGaffer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    42,579
    Thanks
    45025

    From
    Nashville, TN
    Quote Originally Posted by THOR View Post
    Not only a different question , a very critical question. If humans evolved from organic slime where did the life for that slime come from? That question is impossible to answer and reproduce. So forget about it you say. Your Rome analogy is moronic.
    So pick one of a thousand equally unlikely "creation" stories from the world religions, does not matter which one, they are all equally valid.

    and not one of them should be taught as "science"

  8. #28
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    27,617
    Thanks
    5174

    Quote Originally Posted by OldGaffer View Post
    So pick one of a thousand equally unlikely "creation" stories from the world religions, does not matter which one, they are all equally valid.

    and not one of them should be taught as "science"
    If evolution is to be taught as a theory...so be it. Show the facts you have and don't push conclusions that are without proof. Creation ought to be left at home or off campus.

  9. #29
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    27,617
    Thanks
    5174

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLeRoy View Post
    And by this reasoning, we should stop teaching the periodic table.

    My God, we should go back to living in caves, I guess.

    I'd rather not follow Thor back to the Cro-Magnon era. I kinda like civilization and modern science.
    we should stop teaching the periodic table. How did you come to this? The elements are real, they are used for our benefit. Fossils and bone fragments don't prove man came from simple organisms. Teach evolution to the point evidence supports it without any doubt.
    Last edited by THOR; 26th May 2018 at 11:13 AM.

  10. #30
    El Psy Kongroo Lunchboxxy's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    15,499
    Thanks
    15790

    From
    Oregon
    Quote Originally Posted by THOR View Post
    If evolution is to be taught as a theory...so be it. Show the facts you have and don't push conclusions that are without proof. Creation ought to be left at home or off campus.
    Clearly you do not not know what a scientific theory is

    Thanks from Ian Jeffrey and Kontrary

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. California Leads the Nation in Poverty
    By Libertine in forum Current Events
    Replies: 295
    Last Post: 9th February 2018, 09:44 AM
  2. Revolution, Evolution or Revolutionary Evolution?
    By nomoba in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 13th November 2014, 12:48 PM
  3. Replies: 155
    Last Post: 12th October 2014, 10:00 AM
  4. The evolution of the nation's 'first gay president'
    By meridian5455 in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 4th March 2013, 03:41 PM
  5. USA - Edge nation vs. Center nation
    By Strife in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 26th April 2011, 05:03 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed