Members banned from this thread: Pragmatist


Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 114
Thanks Tree121Thanks

Thread: AZ DoE now leads the nation in denying Evolution

  1. #51
    Veteran Member Michael J's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    13,659
    Thanks
    5265

    From
    My mother's womb, of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by THOR View Post
    Waiting for the official explanation of how life came from non life. How the elements of the periodic table assembled themselves and started biology.
    The origins of life aren't germane to Natural Selection.
    Thanks from Kontrary

  2. #52
    Veteran Member Michael J's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    13,659
    Thanks
    5265

    From
    My mother's womb, of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by THOR View Post
    Not only a different question , a very critical question. If humans evolved from organic slime where did the life for that slime come from? That question is impossible to answer and reproduce. So forget about it you say. Your Rome analogy is moronic.
    Regardless of where the "organic slime" came from, we know that the organic slime was there. Natural Selection is a fact. You grow from a baby to an adult and you get better at things the more you do them.

  3. #53
    Veteran Member Michael J's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    13,659
    Thanks
    5265

    From
    My mother's womb, of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by THOR View Post
    Just sayin, if you are going to teach a theory, you can't just drop it where you want. You will have to keep going back further in time. Not lumping the two together. At some point the 7th grade kid will ask his teacher how life came from non life. Along the way the evidence trail gets pretty thin.
    The origins of life include Clay Theory, Abiogenesis, and Panspermia. They don't negate evolution.

  4. #54
    Veteran Member Michael J's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    13,659
    Thanks
    5265

    From
    My mother's womb, of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by THOR View Post
    I never once mentioned religion, god , creation. The theory of evolution was the topic. If man evolved from something before it, then you have to keep going back in time. Keep going back in time and observable facts run thin. If you want to teach evolution as fact , you better come up with a lot of them.
    Everything about Natural Selection is observable. The DNA matches between humans and numerous other species prove common ancestry. Go get a liver transplant from a cow or almost any organ transplant from apes if you don't believe me.

  5. #55
    Veteran Member Michael J's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    13,659
    Thanks
    5265

    From
    My mother's womb, of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by THOR View Post
    If evolution is to be taught as a theory...so be it. Show the facts you have and don't push conclusions that are without proof.
    The DNA matches prove it.

  6. #56
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    27,617
    Thanks
    5174

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J View Post
    The origins of life include Clay Theory, Abiogenesis, and Panspermia. They don't negate evolution.
    With 3.5 billion years to play with they can assume all sorts of things. Animal organs in humans is still in it's early stages of success. So many obstacles to over come.
    Pigs show some promise. Pig heart valves have been in use.
    Last edited by THOR; 28th May 2018 at 04:15 PM.

  7. #57
    Radical Centrist BigLeRoy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    36,167
    Thanks
    31829

    From
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by THOR View Post
    With 3.5 billion years to play with they can assume all sorts of things.
    That's true, Thor. In 3.5 billion years, a LOT of stuff can happen. And we now suspect the origin of life is bit earlier than that, by the way. But, as I've said, the ORIGIN of life is still, admittedly, murky. But we ARE making progress, and this is a field that NASA is HIGHLY interested in, for pretty obvious reasons. We're still wondering if there might be life on Mars, for example. You DO want us to go look for that, don't you, Thor? Or would rather just leave that to the Chinese and the Japanese and maybe the Russians? Would you be OK with one of those nations being the first to discover extraterrestrial life, rather than America? I'm just wondering.

    Anyway, here is an article concerning the origins of life from about exactly a year ago. We are pretty well convinced that RNA came before DNA. This article has some things to say about that:

    https://www.google.com/url?q=https:/...X5ggPlY0mt_27G

  8. #58
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    27,617
    Thanks
    5174

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J View Post
    The origins of life aren't germane to Natural Selection.
    No one knows what the first living organism was on earth. No one knows how it came into existence. The fossil record is limited to explain the multitude of species.

  9. #59
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    27,617
    Thanks
    5174

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J View Post
    Regardless of where the "organic slime" came from, we know that the organic slime was there. Natural Selection is a fact. You grow from a baby to an adult and you get better at things the more you do them.
    The DNA of the baby is that of the adult.

  10. #60
    Master political analyst Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    13,157
    Thanks
    7237

    From
    The formerly great golden state
    Quote Originally Posted by THOR View Post
    If evolution is to be taught as a theory...so be it. Show the facts you have and don't push conclusions that are without proof. Creation ought to be left at home or off campus.
    You need to brush up on what a scientific theory is.

    A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world, based on a body of facts that have been repeatedly confirmed through observation and experiment. Such fact-supported theories are not "guesses" but reliable accounts of the real world.
    Thanks from Ian Jeffrey

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. California Leads the Nation in Poverty
    By Libertine in forum Current Events
    Replies: 295
    Last Post: 9th February 2018, 09:44 AM
  2. Revolution, Evolution or Revolutionary Evolution?
    By nomoba in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 13th November 2014, 12:48 PM
  3. Replies: 155
    Last Post: 12th October 2014, 10:00 AM
  4. The evolution of the nation's 'first gay president'
    By meridian5455 in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 4th March 2013, 03:41 PM
  5. USA - Edge nation vs. Center nation
    By Strife in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 26th April 2011, 05:03 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed