Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 538
Thanks Tree224Thanks

Thread: Trump Pulling Out Of Climate Change

  1. #21
    Radical Centrist BigLeRoy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    36,179
    Thanks
    31840

    From
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    Or in other words he is increasing our sovereignty by reducing what other nations can tell us to do.

    Good for Trump.
    Here is what is likely to happen: the other nations of the world will impose a CARBON TARIFF against American products, which might just plunge America into deep economic stagnation.
    Thanks from Panzareta, tnbskts and Friday13

  2. #22
    Radical Centrist BigLeRoy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    36,179
    Thanks
    31840

    From
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
    No, The US is becoming the nation of Scientific reality.. the earth has not warmed due to mankind's actions. the earth has warmed due to the end of the Little Ice age.... ..

    one more time. over the last 400,000 years there have been 5 yes 5 MAJOR warming periods (including the current warming period.) those warming periods have occurred at REGULAR INTERVALS.. following major cooling periods (actually this warming period began ~130-110,000 years ago. This warming period is ON TIME.. and of the 5 warming periods THIS IS THE COOLEST OF THE 5.
    You, sir, are one of the most deeply IGNORANT human beings I have ever encountered. Read it and WEEP for your own ignorance:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scient...climate_change
    Thanks from Dragonfly5 and Friday13

  3. #23
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    51,540
    Thanks
    36950

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by OldGaffer View Post
    They believe the entire planet(except for them) is being conned by the worlds scientists in order for the scientists to get "grant" money. That includes all the scientists in Universities, at NASA, at Oakridge Labs and all of the scientists in Europe and Asia. Of course, these are the same people that believe all news except RWNJ sources is fake and that the earth is 6000 years old and evolution is another hoax.
    I am seriously thinking of leaving Organized Religion again, because I believe in Science. Evangelicals are killing their own beliefs thinking the 2 can not coincide.

    And Trump is not even a Christian,yet these fools follow them.
    Thanks from Friday13

  4. #24
    Radical Centrist BigLeRoy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    36,179
    Thanks
    31840

    From
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by galatin View Post
    You are very misinformed.......Why you ideological stands makes you blind to evidence........ Try to go to the bottom of how global warming developped at a very high pace over the last 100 years and is accelerating now and try to fi8gure out how CO2 emissions play a role in that..... Consider also that even if actually China is the biggest polluter the US are the champion CO2 polluter per inhabitant..... What will you leave to the future générations if warming cannot be controlled......? The South of the US becoming a desert..... Good for camels !!!
    It is actually the American Southwest and the Great Plains that are in DIRE risk of experiencing a mega-drought in this century, according to NASA. The Dust Bowl of the 1930's was NOT a 'mega-drought', as it lasted but one decade. A mega-drought, by definition, lasts at least two or three decades.

    As for the American South, it may, like the Middle East is expected to do, become too hot for human habitation, but unlikely to become a desert.
    Last edited by BigLeRoy; 31st May 2017 at 05:44 AM.
    Thanks from Friday13

  5. #25
    Radical Centrist BigLeRoy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    36,179
    Thanks
    31840

    From
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnne View Post
    I am seriously thinking of leaving Organized Religion again, because I believe in Science. Evangelicals are killing their own beliefs thinking the 2 can not coincide.

    And Trump is not even a Christian,yet these fools follow them.
    Hey!!!

    Donald Trump: "I'm the BEST Christian! Jesus is a HUGE fan of mine!!"
    Thanks from MaryAnne

  6. #26
    Member
    Joined
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,261
    Thanks
    2170

    From
    Switzerland
    Quote Originally Posted by bajisima View Post
    Morning Joe talked about that this morning but asked "will the EU be around then?" Talking about how Russia is affecting Italy. NYTimes had an article the other day about how Italy could begin the end of the EU.

    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/29/w...ence.html?_r=0
    As a matter of fact struggles and difficulties are more strenghtening the EU than weakening it. In the EU things are first based on consensus and the process for décisions is normally very slow, but you must also consider that Nothing is based on a win/loose paradigm..... And whatever the troubles can be, the gratefulness of the stomach is in the mond of people. The Eastern European countries did benefit a lot since 2004 from the EU and could rebuild their infrastructures because of the financing they got form it. Of course people and politicians in all of Europe need scape goats because of the existing shortcomings, but be sure that with Putin on one side, who rules a declining power economically rather weak although he is showing off a lot, and a Mr. Trump on the other, who is messing everthing he touches, the reaction is on the go and you will see quickly that the horizon will be more transparent. Finally the leaders are present and with the Brexit UK will no more be in a position to try to dilute the progress towarda more coherent EU....... About Italy it will follow the trend.......whatever populist movements may try to do.....

  7. #27
    Veteran Member bajisima's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    47,090
    Thanks
    29088

    From
    New Hampshire
    Quote Originally Posted by galatin View Post
    As a matter of fact struggles and difficulties are more strenghtening the EU than weakening it. In the EU things are first based on consensus and the process for décisions is normally very slow, but you must also consider that Nothing is based on a win/loose paradigm..... And whatever the troubles can be, the gratefulness of the stomach is in the mond of people. The Eastern European countries did benefit a lot since 2004 from the EU and could rebuild their infrastructures because of the financing they got form it. Of course people and politicians in all of Europe need scape goats because of the existing shortcomings, but be sure that with Putin on one side, who rules a declining power economically rather weak although he is showing off a lot, and a Mr. Trump on the other, who is messing everthing he touches, the reaction is on the go and you will see quickly that the horizon will be more transparent. Finally the leaders are present and with the Brexit UK will no more be in a position to try to dilute the progress towarda more coherent EU....... About Italy it will follow the trend.......whatever populist movements may try to do.....
    Agree although I have concerns as to what the populist movement does in the next decade. With automation taking over low skilled labor these are the ones that push these populist movements. If countries don't confront this, there will be many more without a way to make money. Saw on the BBC where they showed these ship builders in northern England and they hate the EU. It will be interesting to see how the world reacts.

  8. #28
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    61,896
    Thanks
    11270

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLeRoy View Post
    Here is what is likely to happen: the other nations of the world will impose a CARBON TARIFF against American products, which might just plunge America into deep economic stagnation.
    Are they going to apply that to all nations not in the accord and those that don't follow the rules or just America?

  9. #29
    Member
    Joined
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,261
    Thanks
    2170

    From
    Switzerland
    You know you cannot make the EU responsible of the negative consequences for people of globalization, people start to realize that until now populism could not go through what we call the Crystal ceiling which is about 30% of the voters. And populists repeat since years the same things without having real programs. So voters are getting aware of that.... And without real success and the possibility to implement different policies, you cannot hope to go very far.....
    Thanks from Friday13

  10. #30
    Southern Strategy Liberal OldGaffer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    42,579
    Thanks
    45025

    From
    Nashville, TN
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnne View Post
    I am seriously thinking of leaving Organized Religion again, because I believe in Science. Evangelicals are killing their own beliefs thinking the 2 can not coincide.

    And Trump is not even a Christian,yet these fools follow them.
    Check out the Episcopalians, they believe in science
    Thanks from KnotaFrayed

Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Trump picks climate change sceptic to lead EPA
    By cable2 in forum Current Events
    Replies: 330
    Last Post: 13th December 2016, 06:05 PM
  2. Donald trump supported climate change study
    By Isalexi in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10th June 2016, 01:25 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed