Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 59
Thanks Tree44Thanks

Thread: 50,000 dead

  1. #21
    Moderator HCProf's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    12,356
    Thanks
    7341

    From
    USA
    Quote Originally Posted by cpicturetaker12 View Post
    I gotta admit, my state had the PAINKILLER CLINICS all around the southern part of the state. Apparently we were shipping it out by the suitcase or carryon case loads. There were commercial flights in and out of Florida (MON mornings peak time) filled with 'mules' flying here, picking up their LEGAL scrips of 300 oxycontins 400 Xanxes and flying back to OH, KY, WV, TN and selling them on the street. It was so bad that the attorneys general of 3 or 4 of those states FILED lawsuits against FLORIDA.

    With this dagger hanging over their head, MSM doing story after story shaming us, this POS governor and GOP legislature did away with the pain clinics but just a few years ago. And many in the GOP put up a fight NOT to get rid of them.

    So now HEROIN has moved into those same exact regions and of course permeating New England and other places. Do not ask me why heroin is so much cheaper? I haven't a clue.
    Florida is where a lot of the supply comes from...but Detroit has the same reputation for obtaining pills. Heroin, from what I have been told is very cheap...I don't get that either. It smells like rotten eggs!! Yuck!!

  2. #22
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    37,758
    Thanks
    27401

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by HCProf View Post
    In Tenn...drug seekers watch the obituaries and if the age of the deceased is listed, they will break into the homes during the wake and funeral to steal pills. Older people are targets for this..they assume since you are old, you have these pills in larger quantities. My Dad had his prostate pills swiped from the seat of his car while grocery shopping!! Most do not lock any doors down south..but now he locks his car door. I worry that he may be attacked coming out of the local drug store...they sit in the parking lot waiting for vulnerable people. Addicts get desperate and will do anything. Being "dope sick" terrifies them. This makes them dangerous. In Kentucky, pill mills replaced the jobs that were lost in the mines. A addict will pay 80.00 a pill to ward off withdrawal.
    When we took my Mother to the hospital she had drugs from 3 different Doctors,taking them all. We had her here in a Senior Citizen place. Very nice where we could visit. She hired a moving van to take her back to Indian Lake without telling me. Going into the bank to get her money from a checking account I helped her set up,fell, broke her hip,ended up in a Nursing home. Went back as soon as her hip healed. Ended up in another Nursing home. I spent 5 years running up and down i75.

    I vowed never to do that to my kids.

  3. #23
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    37,758
    Thanks
    27401

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by HCProf View Post
    Florida is where a lot of the supply comes from...but Detroit has the same reputation for obtaining pills. Heroin, from what I have been told is very cheap...I don't get that either. It smells like rotten eggs!! Yuck!!
    My home town in Southern Ohio had a major clinic busted by DeWine.

  4. #24
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    37,758
    Thanks
    27401

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by cpicturetaker12 View Post
    I gotta admit, my state had the PAINKILLER CLINICS all around the southern part of the state. Apparently we were shipping it out by the suitcase or carryon case loads. There were commercial flights in and out of Florida (MON mornings peak time) filled with 'mules' flying here, picking up their LEGAL scrips of 300 oxycontins 400 Xanxes (and a couple I don't remember the names of) and flying back to southern OH, KY, WV, TN and selling them on the street or wherever they sold them. Overdoses were rampant! It was so bad that the attorneys general of 3 or 4 of those states FILED lawsuits against FLORIDA.

    With this dagger hanging over their head and news story after news story pointing their fingers and shaming us, this POS governor and GOP legislature did away with the pain clinics but just a few years ago. (And many in the GOP put up a fight NOT to get rid of them).

    So now HEROIN has moved into those same exact regions and of course permeating New England and other places. Do not ask me why heroin is so much cheaper? I haven't a clue how and why. I've never tried heroin and from all accounts, this is not the kinda high I understand or would enjoy.

    So to answer your original question, why are they taking it? OR why are they dying from it? I don't have answer to either. And how the hell it is so easy to get is beyond me as well.
    And the people from Southern Ohio were driving down there to get them and resell. There is an epidemic in South Eastern, Ohio where that whole family was wiped out. They think it was Mexican Drug dealers.
    Thanks from bajisima

  5. #25
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    37,758
    Thanks
    27401

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jeffrey View Post
    The irony is that it is difficult for me to get hydrocodone or oxycodon for back pain, when it flares up. There does not seem to be a standard protocol for issuing pain meds.
    I have a couple of friends who just took a Vicodin when they could not stand the pain.

    Reminds me of the drunk at the bar who tells you," This is my first drink of the day," on every one.

  6. #26
    Moderator HCProf's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    12,356
    Thanks
    7341

    From
    USA
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnne View Post
    When we took my Mother to the hospital she had drugs from 3 different Doctors,taking them all. We had her here in a Senior Citizen place. Very nice where we could visit. She hired a moving van to take her back to Indian Lake without telling me. Going into the bank to get her money from a checking account I helped her set up,fell, broke her hip,ended up in a Nursing home. Went back as soon as her hip healed. Ended up in another Nursing home. I spent 5 years running up and down i75.

    I vowed never to do that to my kids.
    I have spent over 10 years running back and forth to Tenn. to care for my parents. Now that Mom is gone, I begged my Dad to live with me, but he flat out refuses. When my Mom was ill...I had to go part time at the HS and job share so I had coverage in case I had to take off, lost a lot of retirement dollars. I kept a bag packed a year before she died, because you never knew when she would go into acute kidney failure. It is hard to do this. I understand completely how you feel...but I love them more than anything and grateful for the time spent with them. Your story sounds like what I experienced with my MIL...she drifted between Michigan and Florida and broke bones in both places. I would bring her here...fix her up and she would take off again to Detroit and Florida and within 6 months would back in rehab with a broken bone. This went on for 3 years. Elderly folks can be really stubborn!!

  7. #27
    Master political analyst Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    9,761
    Thanks
    4193

    From
    The formerly great golden state
    Quote Originally Posted by HCProf View Post
    In Tenn...drug seekers watch the obituaries and if the age of the deceased is listed, they will break into the homes during the wake and funeral to steal pills. Older people are targets for this..they assume since you are old, you have these pills in larger quantities. My Dad had his prostate pills swiped from the seat of his car while grocery shopping!! Most do not lock any doors down south..but now he locks his car door. I worry that he may be attacked coming out of the local drug store...they sit in the parking lot waiting for vulnerable people. Addicts get desperate and will do anything. Being "dope sick" terrifies them. This makes them dangerous. In Kentucky, pill mills replaced the jobs that were lost in the mines. A addict will pay 80.00 a pill to ward off withdrawal.
    Not sure just what his "prostrate pills" were, but some of them can be fatal if the wrong person takes them or takes too many. They will lower blood pressure to unsafe levels.

    People are too quick to take a pill to feel better. Pills don't always work the way you think they will.

    Could be that the endless pill ads you see on TV play a role in the culture of addiction, too.
    Thanks from bajisima

  8. #28
    Veteran Member cpicturetaker12's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    16,332
    Thanks
    12820

    From
    Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jeffrey View Post
    Why do people overdose on drugs? Probably because they are addicted to them and cannot stop without assistance.

    Further, though, the article seems to reflect only deaths from "drugs," not alcohol. I suspect the numbers, if alcohol were included, would be a lot higher.
    Much, much, much, much HIGHER! Between cirrhosis, a variety of alcoholic syndromes, alcohol related heart disease, alcohol poisoning, car accidents, OTJ accidents, gun accidents and yes, domestic violence deaths--I wonder what the REAL #'s on that 'legal' high are.

    Maybe the liquor lobby is able to tell Congress not to allow tracking of those NUMBERS by the NIH or CDC.
    Last edited by cpicturetaker12; 22nd December 2016 at 09:04 AM.

  9. #29
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    37,758
    Thanks
    27401

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by HCProf View Post
    I have spent over 10 years running back and forth to Tenn. to care for my parents. Now that Mom is gone, I begged my Dad to live with me, but he flat out refuses. When my Mom was ill...I had to go part time at the HS and job share so I had coverage in case I had to take off, lost a lot of retirement dollars. I kept a bag packed a year before she died, because you never knew when she would go into acute kidney failure. It is hard to do this. I understand completely how you feel...but I love them more than anything and grateful for the time spent with them. Your story sounds like what I experienced with my MIL...she drifted between Michigan and Florida and broke bones in both places. I would bring her here...fix her up and she would take off again to Detroit and Florida and within 6 months would back in rehab with a broken bone. This went on for 3 years. Elderly folks can be really stubborn!!
    I loved her,otherwise I would have thrown in the towel long before I did. I was working,too. Went to work some days without sleep because I was at the ER with her all night.
    Thanks from HCProf

  10. #30
    Council Member Djinn's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    38,749
    Thanks
    23715

    From
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Humorme View Post
    Here is the real irony:

    33,000 people die from firearms in the U.S. each year (this includes police actions, suicides, homicides, accidental shootings, etc.)

    50,000 people die due to drugs and we think if we legalize drugs, fewer people will die. If we criminalize guns, won't more people die from firearm deaths just like with illegal drugs?
    Accessibility. A lethal dose of an illegal drug is much cheaper than any gun. A guy on the streets with $20 cannot afford a gun, but can afford a potentially fatal dose of heroin.
    Thanks from Panzareta

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Maybe you're already dead?....
    By GordonGecko in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 28th July 2015, 06:41 AM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 8th July 2015, 03:02 AM
  3. Replies: 62
    Last Post: 21st November 2014, 12:14 PM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 9th October 2014, 05:14 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed