Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 107
Thanks Tree38Thanks

Thread: Vaping vs smoking

  1. #51
    ~Standing My Ground~ Sassy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    42,394
    Thanks
    16502

    From
    God Bless Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    I don't know. I was never able to find one of those cheep kits that still try to look like cigarettes that were strong enough to really work for me. Now, when I decided to spend the $120 for the start-up (Yeah, it was a little pricey, but then, again, do the math on how much you spend a month on cigarettes, and suddenly it doesn't seem so bad), that changed everything. Now I spend between $30 to $60 on oil a month (depending on how many bottles I buy), and I get to have interesting tastes, as well as get my nicotine fix.
    Mine doesn't look like a cig. It's those Vuse Vibe kits. I expected to have to bump up to a pricier one but I lucked out liking this one.

  2. #52
    Bizarroland Observer Thx1138's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    21,203
    Thanks
    12412

    From
    aMEEErica
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    e-cigarettes are shit. It's a bit pricy, but what you need to do is get an actual mod kit with a tank, and go to oils. I tell you, aI did this, and went immediately from 2 1/2 packs of cigarettes a day to 4 cigarettes a day, and the only reason I am even smoking those 4 is by choice. I still like the taste of traditional tobacco, occasionally, so whenever I take my dog out for her walks (about 4 times a day), I have a real cigarette. Thus, about 4 cigarettes a day.
    But I don't like vaping and it doesn't satisfy my craving.

    And, I have to wonder if my rollies are even less in cost than vaping?

    Thx

  3. #53
    ~Standing My Ground~ Sassy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    42,394
    Thanks
    16502

    From
    God Bless Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by cpicturetaker12 View Post
    I broke the habit, finally, about 16 years ago. When they hit the 3 bucks a pack mark. I wasn't getting any younger and they sure as hell weren't getting any cheaper. But I doubt seriously I would find vaping a good substitute even if I found out tomorrow they WERE safe.
    I like it BETTER. The nicotine is a straight shot, it feels like.

  4. #54
    Bizarroland Observer Thx1138's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    21,203
    Thanks
    12412

    From
    aMEEErica
    Quote Originally Posted by cpicturetaker12 View Post
    I broke the habit, finally, about 16 years ago. When they hit the 3 bucks a pack mark. I wasn't getting any younger and they sure as hell weren't getting any cheaper. But I doubt seriously I would find vaping a good substitute even if I found out tomorrow they WERE safe.
    When I was young I always asked my dad to quit because he would get cancer...

    Somehow I just had a lifelong premonition, and sure enough, at age 53 he died of melanoma concentrating in his pancreas.

    But, he smoked those "low tar" ciggs, ones that had holes in the filter, so you end up smoking twice as many.

    And who knows how many chemicals were in them, perhaps thousands.

    Thx

  5. #55
    ~Standing My Ground~ Sassy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    42,394
    Thanks
    16502

    From
    God Bless Texas
    Just realized why I like this so much. I prefer the (too expensive) thin little Capri cigs. They pack a hell of a nicotine punch with far less tar and other crap and actually you can 'adjust' your intake. Take a normal pull and have a light cig effect or take a harder pull and it's STRONG.

    I got used to those before the price went through the roof - never have liked others as well. 3X more smoke and other crap and less nicotine.

    They are 'girly' but men have always asked me for them on the sly once they've tried them. Like they are illegal or something. And when they first came out people did often think they were joints due to how thin they are.

    Anyway, they are awesome and this vape thing lets me get that nicotine w/o all the other crap.

  6. #56
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    34,574
    Thanks
    17252

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Thx1138 View Post
    When I was young I always asked my dad to quit because he would get cancer...

    Somehow I just had a lifelong premonition, and sure enough, at age 53 he died of melanoma concentrating in his pancreas.

    But, he smoked those "low tar" ciggs, ones that had holes in the filter, so you end up smoking twice as many.

    And who knows how many chemicals were in them, perhaps thousands.

    Thx
    And that's just it. The only "chemicals" in the oil is the flavouring. No different than artificial flavoring in food. Other than that it's just oil, and nicotine. That's why vaping is less harmful. You actually lose all of the chemicals used to process tobacco into cigarettes.

    Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

  7. #57
    Bizarroland Observer Thx1138's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    21,203
    Thanks
    12412

    From
    aMEEErica
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    And that's just it. The only "chemicals" in the oil is the flavouring. No different than artificial flavoring in food. Other than that it's just oil, and nicotine. That's why vaping is less harmful. You actually lose all of the chemicals used to process tobacco into cigarettes.

    Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk
    I'm not disputing that it is less harmful, I just don't like it and it doesn't seem to satisfy my urge...

    Tofu is much more healthy than cheeseburgers, but if you don't like the stuff...

    I'll admit, I have never made a serious effort to quit smoking, not with cigarettes or with pot.

    I guess it was old Tom Barnes in the machine shop that made me think of unfiltered cigarettes.

    He worked half-days at our shop, was a multi-millionaire and was only there to play with our expensive toys... cantankerous, cussidy, 84 years young, dies in his mid 90s and smoked Chesterfield unfiltered like the proverbial chimney...

    That and the reduced cost, or should I say much increased price of filtered cigarettes helped drive me to roll your own.

    But... after a few months of smoking rollies, you go back and try a tailor-made and you will be overwhelmed by the chemical taste.

    Tailor-made smokers never really taste what they are getting.

    What, I have heard a figure of 7,000 chemical compounds associated with tailor-mades?

    Thx

  8. #58
    ~Standing My Ground~ Sassy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    42,394
    Thanks
    16502

    From
    God Bless Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Thx1138 View Post
    I'm not disputing that it is less harmful, I just don't like it and it doesn't seem to satisfy my urge...

    Tofu is much more healthy than cheeseburgers, but if you don't like the stuff...

    I'll admit, I have never made a serious effort to quit smoking, not with cigarettes or with pot.

    I guess it was old Tom Barnes in the machine shop that made me think of unfiltered cigarettes.

    He worked half-days at our shop, was a multi-millionaire and was only there to play with our expensive toys... cantankerous, cussidy, 84 years young, dies in his mid 90s and smoked Chesterfield unfiltered like the proverbial chimney...

    That and the reduced cost, or should I say much increased price of filtered cigarettes helped drive me to roll your own.

    But... after a few months of smoking rollies, you go back and try a tailor-made and you will be overwhelmed by the chemical taste.

    Tailor-made smokers never really taste what they are getting.

    What, I have heard a figure of 7,000 chemical compounds associated with tailor-mades?

    Thx
    Not Capris. And they let off very little smoke. I had a non-smoking friend who hated all cigs except mine.

  9. #59
    Bizarroland Observer Thx1138's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    21,203
    Thanks
    12412

    From
    aMEEErica
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassy View Post
    Not Capris. And they let off very little smoke. I had a non-smoking friend who hated all cigs except mine.
    And how much do they cost?

    Thx

  10. #60
    ~Standing My Ground~ Sassy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    42,394
    Thanks
    16502

    From
    God Bless Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Thx1138 View Post
    And how much do they cost?

    Thx
    ALOT. They used to not be more than other kinds, or only slightly more. Now it's ALOT. They are like a special treat.

    *sucks on vapor pretending Capri's don't exist*
    Thanks from Thx1138

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Study shows that vaping entices non smokers
    By bajisima in forum Current Events
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 16th February 2017, 05:10 PM
  2. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10th April 2016, 04:16 PM
  3. Vaping/tobacco news.
    By webrockk in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2nd November 2015, 08:09 PM
  4. Replies: 50
    Last Post: 14th December 2014, 11:35 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed