Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 107
Thanks Tree38Thanks

Thread: Vaping vs smoking

  1. #61
    Telecastin' Blues63's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    6,071
    Thanks
    3977

    From
    Brisbane, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by StanStill View Post
    Agreed. The whole second hand smoke mythology was mostly a way for people—angry that they couldn't force other people to be healthier—to convince themselves that even the smell of smoke was making them sick too. This way they aren't being bossy, they were defending themselves. I've even heard several people convinced that second hand smoke is more dangerous than first hand smoke, and they were serious. It boggles the mind that people could convince themselves of such horseshit.

    That said, I am happy with the results. No more smoking in bars and restaurants, and anywhere else the public is served indoors. I guess the ends justify the means.
    I seem to remember the whole 'second hand smoke' thing became hyped after a non-smoking barmaid won an insurance case after developing cancer.

  2. #62
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    5,323
    Thanks
    5210

    From
    Gotham
    Quote Originally Posted by YodaOne View Post
    I feel that a person have the right to smoke and should not be discriminated against. I'm a very sensitive to smoke, bees, pollen, on ..On..On in fact I carry an EpiPen with me 24/7. It's aggravating when a self righteous individuals make snide remarks or looks, when a smoker in a designated space specifically designed for that function or outdoors. I'm​ also bothered by a smoker right in front of an entrance blowing smoke. It all comes down to respect for others and being a decent human being. I do appreciate non smoking restaurants, clubs, entertainment places because of my physical sensitivity.
    For the people who use electronic cigarettes, vamping whatever you want to call it is fine as long you do not believe you have the right to infringe on non smokers rights.
    Laughter is good for the Soul.

    You're not originally from Florida, are you?

  3. #63
    ~Standing My Ground~ Sassy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    41,261
    Thanks
    16128

    From
    God Bless Texas
    Motherforkers trying to get rid of vapes. FDA Ban on Vaping: The Ugly Truth

    But the RJ Reynolds rep said that they JUST came out with vapor products. She hopes that means they have inside intel that the law will not go into effect.

    However, this does say
    If your company’s name is Pfizer or Johnson & Johnson, your tobacco-derived nicotine is a safe, non-addictive medicine. If your name is Joe’s Vape Juice, you’re a producer of deadly addictive poison that is a menace to society.
    This refers to patches and gum, but perhaps big tobacco will win to have their nicotine in vapes too?

    I'm going to buy ALOT of cartridges in advance of august........

    If your company’s name is Pfizer or Johnson & Johnson, your tobacco-derived nicotine is a safe, non-addictive medicine. If your name is Joe’s Vape Juice, you’re a producer of deadly addictive poison that is a menace to society.

  4. #64
    Council Member Djinn's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    41,503
    Thanks
    26236

    From
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Not sure I understand what's wrong with the FDA's stance. Vaping fluid is a product marketed for human consumption. It doesn't matter whether it's eaten, smoked, inhaled, or injected. It's still a consumable product, and the FDA is treating it fairly - like any other consumable product.

    What these ninnies should do is band together, and look at similar products. For example - breakfast cereal. Go to your supermarket, and look at the store brands for breakfast cereal. There's probably a dozen different cereals, all sorts of flavors. Do you think that the store chain spends $1M+ on every variety of cereal in order to obtain FDA approval? Of course not. There is a list of FDA-approved ingredients cleared for use in breakfast cereal. Stick to the list, and you can make whatever cereal you want.

    Vaping fluid manufacturers should collectively take the same approach. Get a list approved - and stick to it.

  5. #65
    Veteran Member Dr Sampson Simpson's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    21,248
    Thanks
    11614

    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    e-cigarettes are shit. It's a bit pricy, but what you need to do is get an actual mod kit with a tank, and go to oils. I tell you, aI did this, and went immediately from 2 1/2 packs of cigarettes a day to 4 cigarettes a day, and the only reason I am even smoking those 4 is by choice. I still like the taste of traditional tobacco, occasionally, so whenever I take my dog out for her walks (about 4 times a day), I have a real cigarette. Thus, about 4 cigarettes a day.
    Yeah, when my dog was alive I smoked actual cigs more, when I went to take her out. Down to just 1 a day now, my ritual when I get home from work

  6. #66
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    6,596
    Thanks
    5390

    From
    Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinn View Post
    Not sure I understand what's wrong with the FDA's stance. Vaping fluid is a product marketed for human consumption. It doesn't matter whether it's eaten, smoked, inhaled, or injected. It's still a consumable product, and the FDA is treating it fairly - like any other consumable product.

    What these ninnies should do is band together, and look at similar products. For example - breakfast cereal. Go to your supermarket, and look at the store brands for breakfast cereal. There's probably a dozen different cereals, all sorts of flavors. Do you think that the store chain spends $1M+ on every variety of cereal in order to obtain FDA approval? Of course not. There is a list of FDA-approved ingredients cleared for use in breakfast cereal. Stick to the list, and you can make whatever cereal you want.

    Vaping fluid manufacturers should collectively take the same approach. Get a list approved - and stick to it.
    Everything in vaping fluid has already been reviewed by the FDA and are listed on the bottles:

    Vapor producing agent propylene glycol
    Vapor producing agent vegetable glycerin
    Food-grade flavoring
    Nicotine (optional)
    Best Vape Juice & Cartomizer Flavors | Vapor4life

    Is there anything on that list that is unfamiliar?

  7. #67
    ~Standing My Ground~ Sassy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    41,261
    Thanks
    16128

    From
    God Bless Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinn View Post
    Not sure I understand what's wrong with the FDA's stance. Vaping fluid is a product marketed for human consumption. It doesn't matter whether it's eaten, smoked, inhaled, or injected. It's still a consumable product, and the FDA is treating it fairly - like any other consumable product.

    What these ninnies should do is band together, and look at similar products. For example - breakfast cereal. Go to your supermarket, and look at the store brands for breakfast cereal. There's probably a dozen different cereals, all sorts of flavors. Do you think that the store chain spends $1M+ on every variety of cereal in order to obtain FDA approval? Of course not. There is a list of FDA-approved ingredients cleared for use in breakfast cereal. Stick to the list, and you can make whatever cereal you want.

    Vaping fluid manufacturers should collectively take the same approach. Get a list approved - and stick to it.
    did you read the article and what vape manufacturers would need to prove?

  8. #68
    ~Standing My Ground~ Sassy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    41,261
    Thanks
    16128

    From
    God Bless Texas
    @Madeline I thought I'd bring our vaping convo here. It's ad odd thing. I feel like I get a 'straight shot' of nicotine from the vape. Satisfying the craving better than a cig, and yet I guess there are other addictive additives and/or it's just still a little different than the cig so I think I want cigs part of the time.

    It doesn't make you go oh! I never want a cig again! But, again oddly, after a few cigs i'm like these suck. They just burn away in the ashtray. and I have to feel all this other in my lungs to get the nic. so then I only want the vape for many hours!

    As I said I am a hard-core long-term smoker so I know that doesn't mean it will work for everyone but I never thought anything would work for me. And I tried e-cigs before and was like bleh. These are worthless. I spent I think $80 several years ago on one of those. Supposed to be really good.

    But this one is good (to me anyway, and the smoker at the store that convinced me to try. He was puffing on his and said he had a hard time before this kind came along too.)

    Maybe because this is made by RJ Reynolds and they know what smokers want? IDK. More nicotine in them? just guessing.

    Maybe someone else will weigh in.

    https://prod.vusevapor.com/
    Thanks from Madeline

  9. #69
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    51,003
    Thanks
    29569

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassy View Post
    @Madeline I thought I'd bring our vaping convo here. It's ad odd thing. I feel like I get a 'straight shot' of nicotine from the vape. Satisfying the craving better than a cig, and yet I guess there are other addictive additives and/or it's just still a little different than the cig so I think I want cigs part of the time.

    It doesn't make you go oh! I never want a cig again! But, again oddly, after a few cigs i'm like these suck. They just burn away in the ashtray. and I have to feel all this other in my lungs to get the nic. so then I only want the vape for many hours!

    As I said I am a hard-core long-term smoker so I know that doesn't mean it will work for everyone but I never thought anything would work for me. And I tried e-cigs before and was like bleh. These are worthless. I spent I think $80 several years ago on one of those. Supposed to be really good.

    But this one is good (to me anyway, and the smoker at the store that convinced me to try. He was puffing on his and said he had a hard time before this kind came along too.)

    Maybe because this is made by RJ Reynolds and they know what smokers want? IDK. More nicotine in them? just guessing.

    Maybe someone else will weigh in.

    https://prod.vusevapor.com/
    I hated e-cigarettes. It felt like they weighed 100 lbs if I held them like a cigarette.

    How is vaping different?

  10. #70
    ~Standing My Ground~ Sassy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    41,261
    Thanks
    16128

    From
    God Bless Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    I hated e-cigarettes. It felt like they weighed 100 lbs if I held them like a cigarette.

    How is vaping different?
    I don't remember how e-cigs work so I can't say. This has a vial of liquid with nicotine in it. The liquid heats up when you puff on it and you inhale the water vapor, giving you the same feeling as smoke filling your lungs, which again is so gross but it IS what most smokers want to feel and why methods like the patch and gum don't work for some. And you control how much nicotine you want.

    Sometimes I 'hot box' the vape. And then cough and put it down lol. I started smoking more after my mother died. I was very close to literal chain smoking. So I chain vape.

    you can't hold it in your hand like a cig. Mine is in my mouth when I am at the pc. Holding with my teeth. When I am out and about it's in my pocket or purse and I take a few puffs sometimes - here is the really cool thing. I forget to use it when I am out and about. Not the case with cigs.

    My Dad always said to me 'you're panic smoking'. Headed towards a place I can't smoke I'm trying to get some extra nic in but that doesn't work.

    No need to panic with this. It's with me all the time.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Study shows that vaping entices non smokers
    By bajisima in forum Current Events
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 16th February 2017, 04:10 PM
  2. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10th April 2016, 03:16 PM
  3. Vaping/tobacco news.
    By webrockk in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2nd November 2015, 07:09 PM
  4. Replies: 50
    Last Post: 14th December 2014, 10:35 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed