Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 77
Thanks Tree52Thanks

Thread: Rich Americans live up to 15 years longer than poor peers, studies find

  1. #21
    Bizarroland Observer Thx1138's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    18,987
    Thanks
    10706

    From
    aMEEErica
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly5 View Post
    TNV is full of shit. He may have played at the farm while his parents worked there, but he didn't work.
    Oh yeah, at the age of 9 he was saving for his college...



    Thx

  2. #22
    Southern Strategy Liberal OldGaffer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    31,449
    Thanks
    33683

    From
    Nashville, TN
    At the age of 9 through 17, I was picking cotton and giving the money to my dad for school clothes.
    Thanks from TNVolunteer73, labrea and Friday13

  3. #23
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    15,044
    Thanks
    4414

    From
    midwest
    Rich Americans live longer than poor Americans?

    Since when?

    Since America has existed, that's since when.

    Duh...

  4. #24
    Veteran Member TNVolunteer73's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    26,937
    Thanks
    7092

    From
    TN
    Quote Originally Posted by Thx1138 View Post
    Oh yeah, at the age of 9 he was saving for his college...



    Thx
    You didn't save money... parents made me put 1/2 of what I earned into savings... didn't your parents.

  5. #25
    Veteran Member TNVolunteer73's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    26,937
    Thanks
    7092

    From
    TN
    Quote Originally Posted by OldGaffer View Post
    At the age of 9 through 17, I was picking cotton and giving the money to my dad for school clothes.
    Life in TN in the 1960s
    Last edited by TNVolunteer73; 11th April 2017 at 03:02 PM.

  6. #26
    Southern Strategy Liberal OldGaffer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    31,449
    Thanks
    33683

    From
    Nashville, TN
    Quote Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
    Live in TN right.
    I lived in the Missouri bootheel during those years.
    Thanks from Friday13

  7. #27
    Bizarroland Observer Thx1138's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    18,987
    Thanks
    10706

    From
    aMEEErica
    Quote Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
    You didn't save money... parents made me put 1/2 of what I earned into savings... didn't your parents.
    My dad didn't have to "make" me save, I was a very good saver as a kid.

    One time I had accumulated $240 and my dad more or less "confiscated" it to use for a down payment on a house...

    And I imagine I squawked a bit, but not for the money and it's use, but because I felt he should have just asked me and given me the benefit of the doubt, I probably would have put it in, money was pretty easy for me to come by.

    Well, that's good your parents had you save, I heard a stat that 50% of the people 50 years and older would have trouble coming up with $2,500 in an emergency.

    Thx

  8. #28
    Veteran Member TNVolunteer73's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    26,937
    Thanks
    7092

    From
    TN
    Quote Originally Posted by Thx1138 View Post
    My dad didn't have to "make" me save, I was a very good saver as a kid.

    One time I had accumulated $240 and my dad more or less "confiscated" it to use for a down payment on a house...

    And I imagine I squawked a bit, but not for the money and it's use, but because I felt he should have just asked me and given me the benefit of the doubt, I probably would have put it in, money was pretty easy for me to come by.

    Well, that's good your parents had you save, I heard a stat that 50% of the people 50 years and older would have trouble coming up with $2,500 in an emergency.

    Thx
    That is great... I chose to use my savings for debt free college.. my dad wasn't a thief...

    That is probably true.. about 50% of the people not having $2500 in a liquid account.

    well. I heard a radio show in 1994, (I was saving for retirement).. I was building debt had 25,000 in consumer debt, 55,000 in mortgage debt. started following his plan, 18 months later I had no consumer debt, 26 months later I had no mortgage debt. my base salary in 1994 (wife and I combined was 42K, I took on 2 part time jobs, worked over time and delivered pizzas on Monday and Friday on top of the 2 Part time jobs, until paid we off all debt and built emergency fund).

    Today I have 8 months of living expense in a savings account.

    fully funded retirement account.

    No mortgage debt, no consumer debt.

    you take the average mortgage of

    1200/month

    Car payment

    445/month

    credit cards

    1000/month

    not having that debt allows me to put $2400 a month in savings, for purchases, retirement, emergencies, or to spend doing what I want, give to charity to help people

    I have done the classes for this program free of charge for people to learn to manage their money, One couple I was able to give them enough down payment so they could get a home... only stipulation was (when you get your financial house in order, they would do it for someone else, a couple of years ago they helped a young couple get their first home with paying their down payment).
    Last edited by TNVolunteer73; 11th April 2017 at 03:22 PM.

  9. #29
    Bizarroland Observer Thx1138's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    18,987
    Thanks
    10706

    From
    aMEEErica
    Quote Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
    That is great... I chose to use my savings for debt free college.. my dad wasn't a thief...

    That is probably true.. about 50% of the people not having $2500 in a liquid account.

    well. I heard a radio show in 1994, (I was saving for retirement).. I was building debt had 25,000 in consumer debt, 55,000 in mortgage debt. started following his plan, 18 months later I had no consumer debt, 26 months later I had no mortgage debt. my base salary in 1994 (wife and I combined was 42K, I took on 2 part time jobs, worked over time and delivered pizzas on Monday and Friday on top of the 2 Part time jobs, until paid we off all debt and built emergency fund).

    Today I have 8 months of living expense in a savings account.

    fully funded retirement account.

    No mortgage debt, no consumer debt.
    He didn't "steal" it from me, he just "decided" I should put in too.

    Is that all, 8 months?

    I guess you needed parental oversight, what happened?

    Thx
    Thanks from labrea

  10. #30
    Franken-Stein 2020 excalibur's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    6,435
    Thanks
    2397

    From
    The Milky Way
    And the ACA made it worse.

    It was always thus, and there is nothing the government can do about it. It is virtue signaling to claim otherwise.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Hillary will live years longer than Trump
    By Devil505 in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 15th September 2016, 07:22 PM
  2. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 14th June 2016, 10:19 AM
  3. The Rich Live a Lot Longer Than the Poor
    By Babba in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 13th April 2016, 06:10 AM
  4. Pear shaped women live 10 years longer
    By bajisima in forum Healthcare
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 22nd May 2013, 02:00 PM
  5. Wanna Guarantee That The Rich Stay Rich And The Poor Stay Poor?
    By Distressed American in forum Education
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 29th August 2007, 05:04 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed