Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 156
Thanks Tree53Thanks

Thread: CBO New Score Is Out From Trumpcare

  1. #21
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    29,357
    Thanks
    23329

    From
    On a hill
    Quote Originally Posted by fenrir View Post
    Well, so far it's been the working class that has paid for all of this.
    If you think the working class should pay a higher percentage of their income in taxes than the trump class, then the republican plan is the plan for you.
    Thanks from BigLeRoy

  2. #22
    Junior Member fenrir's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,945
    Thanks
    345

    From
    Yoknapatawpha County

  3. #23
    Junior Member fenrir's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,945
    Thanks
    345

    From
    Yoknapatawpha County
    Quote Originally Posted by labrea View Post
    If you think the working class should pay a higher percentage of their income in taxes than the trump class, then the republican plan is the plan for you.
    We may never find out. "The Resistance" may make that a non-starter.

  4. #24
    Moderator HayJenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    40,218
    Thanks
    31242

    From
    CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    They didn't short change then, we don't have the money to bail them out.

    What part of that do you not get?

    Money doesn't just appear out of nowhere.

    Do you have any idea what a budget is?
    Health insurers across the country are making plans to dramatically raise Obamacare premiums or exit marketplaces amid growing exasperation with the Trump administrationís erratic management of the program and its conflicting signals about the fate of aid for low-income consumers and other key issues.

    The growing frustration with the Trump administrationís management ó reflected in letters to state regulators and in interviews with more than two dozen senior industry and government officials nationwide ó undercuts a key White House claim that Obamacare insurance marketplaces are collapsing on their own.

    Instead, according to many officials, it is the Trump administration that is driving much of the current instability by refusing to commit to steps to keep markets running, such as funding aid for low-income consumers or enforcing penalties for people who go without insurance.

    Health insurers plan big Obamacare rate hikes ? and they blame Trump - LA Times

  5. #25
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    58,036
    Thanks
    10573

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by HayJenn View Post
    Health insurers across the country are making plans to dramatically raise Obamacare premiums or exit marketplaces amid growing exasperation with the Trump administrationís erratic management of the program and its conflicting signals about the fate of aid for low-income consumers and other key issues.

    The growing frustration with the Trump administrationís management ó reflected in letters to state regulators and in interviews with more than two dozen senior industry and government officials nationwide ó undercuts a key White House claim that Obamacare insurance marketplaces are collapsing on their own.

    Instead, according to many officials, it is the Trump administration that is driving much of the current instability by refusing to commit to steps to keep markets running, such as funding aid for low-income consumers or enforcing penalties for people who go without insurance.

    Health insurers plan big Obamacare rate hikes ? and they blame Trump - LA Times
    They already were Jenn before Trump.

    Trump has nothing to do with this, we knew it would happen, it's why Obama kept pushing all the bad parts of the ACA back.

    Had Hillary won the same thing would be happening.

  6. #26
    Moderator HayJenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    40,218
    Thanks
    31242

    From
    CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    They already were Jenn before Trump.

    Trump has nothing to do with this, we knew it would happen, it's why Obama kept pushing all the bad parts of the ACA back.

    Had Hillary won the same thing would be happening.
    Yeah, just completely ignore my article. That's what you always do...smh...

  7. #27
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    58,036
    Thanks
    10573

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by HayJenn View Post
    Yeah, just completely ignore my article. That's what you always do...smh...
    No I read your link but the fact is that insurers were already raising premiums before Trump so to blame this on him is not accurate.

    Insurers were leaving BEFORE Trump was elected.

    The fact that now they are increasing according to your article is irrelevant.

  8. #28
    Moderator HayJenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    40,218
    Thanks
    31242

    From
    CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    No I read your link but the fact is that insurers were already raising premiums before Trump so to blame this on him is not accurate.

    Insurers were leaving BEFORE Trump was elected.

    The fact that now they are increasing according to your article is irrelevant.
    That was supposed to a be a one year thing. Now because of BLOTUS, they are raising them again.

  9. #29
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    58,036
    Thanks
    10573

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by HayJenn View Post
    That was supposed to a be a one year thing. Now because of BLOTUS, they are raising them again.
    I don't need to argue this with you.

    Every economist knows the ACA was in trouble before Trump.

    Trump and the republicans are not the cause of anything, its the piece of crap the democrats passed that can't fund itself. They were relying on healthy people paying into the system to cover those drawing from it.

    It didn't happen.

    People chose to pay a fine instead.

  10. #30
    Veteran Member ptif219's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    61,115
    Thanks
    4006

    Quote Originally Posted by HayJenn View Post
    And it's just as bad as the first one.

    The Republican bill to repeal Obamacare would result in 23 million fewer people having health insurance by the year 2026, according to a long-awaited and nonpartisan forecast, a result that would send shockwaves through the healthcare system.

    According to the forecast released Wednesday by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office, 14 million fewer people would have health insurance next year under the Republican bill, increasing to a total of 19 million in 2020.
    By 2026, a total of 51 million people would be uninsured, roughly 28 million more than under Obamacare. That is roughly equivalent to the loss in coverage under the first version of the bill, which failed to pass the House of Representatives.

    Much of the loss in coverage would be due to the Republican plan to shrink the eligibility for Medicaid; for many others, healthcare on the open marketplace would become unaffordable. Some of the loss would be among those who choose not to get coverage.

    Health Care Bill Would Lead to 23 Million Fewer Insured | Time.com
    Because they would make a choice to not get. They would not be forced to get health insurance by a fine

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Trumps credit score
    By Isalexi in forum Current Events
    Replies: 139
    Last Post: 23rd October 2016, 02:14 PM
  2. Can we score the results?
    By Dr.Knuckles in forum World Politics
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 11th May 2015, 01:03 PM
  3. Score one for the 1st amendment
    By meridian5455 in forum Civil Rights
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 24th June 2013, 06:21 AM
  4. ha ha - score another one for the good guys! US!!!
    By nonsqtr in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 8th December 2009, 07:03 AM

Search tags for this page

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed