Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 156
Thanks Tree53Thanks

Thread: CBO New Score Is Out From Trumpcare

  1. #41
    Moderator HCProf's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    16,047
    Thanks
    8648

    From
    USA
    Quote Originally Posted by TennesseeRain View Post
    Wrong. Its because they won't be able to afford it. Or do you really think people in their 50s will suddenly decide they don't need healthcare. Maybe you'll wake up when you stop getting tose sweet, sweet gubbmint checks of yours every month.
    Actually, a lot of middle age folks cannot pay the premiums under the ACA...they earn just a little over the subsidies and the premium jumps to 1000.00 a month. I see many folks, patients and friends who are in this boat. 1000.00 premiums with a crappy product which is considered catastrophic insurance. The ACA depended on the middle class to float the ACA...without taking into consideration what they can or cannot afford combined with a shrinking middle class. I knew the minute I saw the premiums/deductibles the ACA would not sustain and I really wanted it to work. It is not that the 50's and up group chooses to go without insurance...they simply cannot afford the premiums and out of pocket expenses at the same time.
    Thanks from bajisima

  2. #42
    Veteran Member bajisima's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    40,985
    Thanks
    24175

    From
    New Hampshire
    Quote Originally Posted by HCProf View Post
    Actually, a lot of middle age folks cannot pay the premiums under the ACA...they earn just a little over the subsidies and the premium jumps to 1000.00 a month. I see many folks, patients and friends who are in this boat. 1000.00 premiums with a crappy product which is considered catastrophic insurance. The ACA depended on the middle class to float the ACA...without taking into consideration what they can or cannot afford combined with a shrinking middle class. I knew the minute I saw the premiums/deductibles the ACA would not sustain and I really wanted it to work. It is not that the 50's and up group chooses to go without insurance...they simply cannot afford the premiums and out of pocket expenses at the same time.

    That and with the insurers denying enough access it was inevitable it could collapse. We have lost so many insurers over the years, I have had 4 insurers in 3 years because they keep leaving because profits aren't good. That means new doctors every damn time. Now I see Missouri will have no insurer in 25 counties. Single payer is going to have to be put in, or we will go back to being even worse than before the ACA.

    Only ObamaCare insurer in parts of Missouri pulls out of exchanges | TheHill

  3. #43
    Southern Strategy Liberal OldGaffer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    36,257
    Thanks
    38373

    From
    Nashville, TN
    Quote Originally Posted by HCProf View Post
    Actually, a lot of middle age folks cannot pay the premiums under the ACA...they earn just a little over the subsidies and the premium jumps to 1000.00 a month. I see many folks, patients and friends who are in this boat. 1000.00 premiums with a crappy product which is considered catastrophic insurance. The ACA depended on the middle class to float the ACA...without taking into consideration what they can or cannot afford combined with a shrinking middle class. I knew the minute I saw the premiums/deductibles the ACA would not sustain and I really wanted it to work. It is not that the 50's and up group chooses to go without insurance...they simply cannot afford the premiums and out of pocket expenses at the same time.
    Trumpcare fixes that, your premiums will go up 800% of what they are now, so you wont have to worry, you will just be uninsured and hope you don't get sick. And if you do get sick, die quick.

  4. #44
    Southern Strategy Liberal OldGaffer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    36,257
    Thanks
    38373

    From
    Nashville, TN
    Quote Originally Posted by bajisima View Post
    That and with the insurers denying enough access it was inevitable it could collapse. We have lost so many insurers over the years, I have had 4 insurers in 3 years because they keep leaving because profits aren't good. That means new doctors every damn time. Now I see Missouri will have no insurer in 25 counties. Single payer is going to have to be put in, or we will go back to being even worse than before the ACA.

    Only ObamaCare insurer in parts of Missouri pulls out of exchanges | TheHill
    Trumpcare fixes that, there will be no exchanges and you can buy a plan for 20% less than what you pay now from a company based in Bangladesh, unfortunately it does not actually cover anything....

  5. #45
    Moderator HCProf's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    16,047
    Thanks
    8648

    From
    USA
    Quote Originally Posted by OldGaffer View Post
    Trumpcare fixes that, your premiums will go up 800% of what they are now, so you wont have to worry, you will just be uninsured and hope you don't get sick. And if you do get sick, die quick.

    Trumpcare is worse..but fear not, I am sure with the combination of Obamacare and Trump care...I will die and I do hope it is quick since I am middle class and all. No one cares about the middle class anyways...even the democrats. You better hope the middle class sustains long enough to pay for Medicare premiums and every other social program we can't use.

  6. #46
    Master political analyst Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,327
    Thanks
    4699

    From
    The formerly great golden state
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprockey View Post
    Is this seriously the best our leaders have to offer? *sigh*
    and we keep electing them. Why?

  7. #47
    Moderator HCProf's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    16,047
    Thanks
    8648

    From
    USA
    Quote Originally Posted by bajisima View Post
    That and with the insurers denying enough access it was inevitable it could collapse. We have lost so many insurers over the years, I have had 4 insurers in 3 years because they keep leaving because profits aren't good. That means new doctors every damn time. Now I see Missouri will have no insurer in 25 counties. Single payer is going to have to be put in, or we will go back to being even worse than before the ACA.

    Only ObamaCare insurer in parts of Missouri pulls out of exchanges | TheHill
    This is what happens when a bill is pushed through without any long term study of cause and effect. Just throw in the towel Baj...you are middle class and have been used and abused for your tax dollars for decades. Since we are getting soaked for every last expendable dollar we have...we are no longer of use. Welcome to the new loser or scumbag...the middle class. LOL

  8. #48
    Veteran Member bonehead's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    14,177
    Thanks
    5252

    From
    south
    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    and we keep electing them. Why?
    why? because we, the citizens, have not decided what is important and what is not. as long as the citizens squabble among themselves about the insignificant issues, nothing will ever get done.
    Thanks from HCProf, bajisima and Dittohead not!

  9. #49
    told you so Amelia's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    43,601
    Thanks
    25125

    From
    Wisconsin
    850 percent: “That's the CBO's estimate of how much insurance premiums would rise for elderly, poor people over the next decade if the second version of this Republican bill became law,” Amber Phillips notes. “In a report filled with brutal numbers for Republicans, this may be the most brutal. (Just like it was in the first estimate.) Republicans said their bill will make health insurance cheaper. Except, they'll have to figure out a way to explain why, under Obamacare, 64-year-olds making $26,500 a year are on track to pay $1,700 in annual premiums in 2026. And under the GOP bill, they would pay anywhere between $13,600 to $16,100."
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...69b2fb981db8f/
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...lth-care-bill/


    But tax cuts for the wealthy! Winner!

  10. #50
    Southern Strategy Liberal OldGaffer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    36,257
    Thanks
    38373

    From
    Nashville, TN
    Quote Originally Posted by HCProf View Post
    This is what happens when a bill is pushed through without any long term study of cause and effect. Just throw in the towel Baj...you are middle class and have been used and abused for your tax dollars for decades. Since we are getting soaked for every last expendable dollar we have...we are no longer of use. Welcome to the new loser or scumbag...the middle class. LOL
    At least with Democrats you get sympathy, with Republicans it is just a big "tough shit, this is how we are going to do it".

    Hillary Clinton railed against President Trump's newly released budget proposal and GOP-led push to repeal and replace Obamacare on Tuesday night, saying the moves symbolize an "unimaginable level of cruelty."
    Addressing a New York audience during her keynote speaker at the Children's Health Fund Annual Benefit, the Democratic presidential candidate addressed the state of resources for U.S. children -- sounding off on what she describes as an "onslaught" against America's most vulnerable populations
    .

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Trumps credit score
    By Isalexi in forum Current Events
    Replies: 139
    Last Post: 23rd October 2016, 02:14 PM
  2. Can we score the results?
    By Dr.Knuckles in forum World Politics
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 11th May 2015, 01:03 PM
  3. Score one for the 1st amendment
    By meridian5455 in forum Civil Rights
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 24th June 2013, 06:21 AM
  4. ha ha - score another one for the good guys! US!!!
    By nonsqtr in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 8th December 2009, 07:03 AM

Search tags for this page

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed