Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 66
Thanks Tree50Thanks

Thread: "ObamaCare" NOT failing says trump's own DHHS

  1. #41
    RNG
    RNG is offline
    Moderator RNG's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    9,229
    Thanks
    5213

    From
    Between everywhere
    Quote Originally Posted by Macduff View Post
    Funny how Obamacare was based on how awful insurance companies are and now they want to prop them up with taxpayer dollars.
    Here's a two step solution to fix Obamacare.
    1. Repeal it.
    2. Replace it with something entirely new.
    That's the same fix I have heard being proposed for public education for most of my life. But when you ask the proponent "replace it with what?" they tend to start talking about the weather or the New England Patriots.

  2. #42
    RNG
    RNG is offline
    Moderator RNG's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    9,229
    Thanks
    5213

    From
    Between everywhere
    Quote Originally Posted by Macduff View Post
    That's great coming from someone who supports a bailout for billionaire insurance companies and supports a plan that redistributes wealth from young people with lower net worths who don't use health care as much to higher income middle aged people.
    And Trump's Wealthcare is better? The tax break for the super rich is going to cause all kinds of trickle down? Again I ask what should the ACA be replaced with?

  3. #43
    RNG
    RNG is offline
    Moderator RNG's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    9,229
    Thanks
    5213

    From
    Between everywhere
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    Look up the definition of communism then see if what those nations are doing fits the description.

    Then you can answer your own question.
    So you are saying Canada, the UK, Germany, Switzerland, Australia, the Netherlands, France, Spain, Italy and on and on are all communist?

    Congratulations, you have just done something I would have thought was impossible. You just made me proud to be a communist.

  4. #44
    Veteran Member Devil505's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    60,450
    Thanks
    18139

    From
    Mass and Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets View Post
    PPACA was not passed as intended. The Democratic Party passed it along party lines and had some members of its own party kill the PO part of the bill. It was a problem from the get go. Now, The GOP is trying to pass healthcare legislation along party lines and members of that party are looking to scuttle the bill.

    Wash Rinse Repeat....
    The only thing stopping a bipartisan real healthcare reform bill is the GOP being owned by corporate America and refusing to do anything that would cut into health insurance profits.
    Medicare for all paid for via taxes is the only answer.
    Thanks from RNG, HCProf and MaryAnne

  5. #45
    A Blue Dog Jets Fan Jets's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    20,301
    Thanks
    7883

    From
    New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    The only thing stopping a bipartisan real healthcare reform bill is the GOP being owned by corporate America and refusing to do anything that would cut into health insurance profits.
    Medicare for all paid for via taxes is the only answer.
    It's not just the GOP that is owned by the insurance companies. The PO was kept out of PPACA because those same insurance companies were able to influence enough democrats to scuttle the proposal.
    Thanks from HCProf, bajisima, MaryAnne and 1 others

  6. #46
    Veteran Member Devil505's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    60,450
    Thanks
    18139

    From
    Mass and Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets View Post
    It's not just the GOP that is owned by the insurance companies. The PO was kept out of PPACA because those same insurance companies were able to influence enough democrats to scuttle the proposal.
    Sorry Jets, the old "both parties are the slame" won't work anymore.
    Only the GOP has historically been against most programs that the middle class depends on: Social Security, Medicare, medicaid for nursing homes minimum wage,Affordable HC, public education etc.

    The GOP truly is the voice of the rich, the church and corporate America and we all know it.
    The fact that they can trick many less intelligent voters into voting against their own best interests is what makes them so dangerous to our society.

    Yes the Dems are also way to influenced by big money but nowhere near what the GOP has metastasized into.
    Last edited by Devil505; 14th July 2017 at 03:28 AM.

  7. #47
    A Blue Dog Jets Fan Jets's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    20,301
    Thanks
    7883

    From
    New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Sorry Jets, the old "both parties are the slame" won't work anymore.
    Only the GOP has historically been against most programs that the middle class depends on: Social Security, Medicare, medicaid for nursing homes minimum wage,Affordable HC, public education etc.

    The GOP truly is the voice of the rich, the church and corporate America and we all know it.
    The fact that they can trick many less intelligent voters into voting against their own best interests is what makes them so dangerous to our society.

    Yes the Dems are also way to influenced by big money but nowhere near what the GOP has metastasized into.
    I agree, both parties are not the same because they represent totally different constituencies. Its a given that the wealthier will most likely support the GOP over the Democratic Party. However, it doesn't change the dynamic of how much influence SIGs have over both parties to determine how legislation gets passed.

  8. #48
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    46,435
    Thanks
    13567

    Quote Originally Posted by Macduff View Post
    Working as intended? So they intended for premiums and deductibles to sky rocket and for the marketplaces to collapse?
    I'm sure some partisan knows more about the ACA and it's condition than the dept of HHS. You are a fucking joke.

  9. #49
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    46,435
    Thanks
    13567

    Quote Originally Posted by Macduff View Post
    Did you notice that most of those solutions were to keep doing what Obamacare has been doing? "Let's just keep redistributing wealth and keep the bailout plan for insurance companies."
    No but I did notice that the GOP plan sucks a dick and only about 17% of the country wants to see the ACA repealed. Fucking do it, let them explain to the conservative dumbshits why they no longer have insurance.

  10. #50
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    46,435
    Thanks
    13567

    Quote Originally Posted by Macduff View Post
    Funny how Obamacare was based on how awful insurance companies are and now they want to prop them up with taxpayer dollars.
    Here's a two step solution to fix Obamacare.
    1. Repeal it.
    2. Replace it with something entirely new.
    Then the GOP needs to come up with a single payer plan to replace it with.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 29th April 2017, 04:56 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 6th April 2017, 07:23 AM
  3. Replies: 281
    Last Post: 13th November 2016, 01:34 AM
  4. Replies: 68
    Last Post: 20th December 2013, 09:10 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed