Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 95
Thanks Tree24Thanks

Thread: Will Trump try to make the ACA fail?

  1. #1
    Master political analyst Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,328
    Thanks
    4700

    From
    The formerly great golden state

    Will Trump try to make the ACA fail?

    On Tuesday, the seven-year quest by Republicans to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act, popularly known as Obamacare, appeared to come to an end, and President Trump responded to the setback by vowing to "let Obamacare fail."

    "It’ll be a lot easier," Trump said at the White House.

    “We’re not going to own it. I’m not going to own it. I can tell you the Republicans are not going to own it. We’ll let Obamacare fail, and then the Democrats are going to come to us.”
    The most important thing is to blame the Democrats, of course, and see to it that the ACA does run into trouble. How:

    END INDIVIDUAL MANDATE

    WITHHOLD PAYMENTS DUE

    FAIL TO PROMOTE OPEN ENROLLMENT PERIOD
    see details here:

  2. #2
    Thought Provocateur NightSwimmer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    31,605
    Thanks
    29474

    From
    United States
    He's been trying since he got into office. The Congress is eager to assist as well.

  3. #3
    the "good" prag pragmatic's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    28,084
    Thanks
    16999

    From
    between Moon and NYC
    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    The most important thing is to blame the Democrats, of course, and see to it that the ACA does run into trouble. How:



    see details here:

    Think most realize that the GOP would incur more wrath than the Democrats.

    The Donald appears not to realize that fact.

    He really isn't very good at the mechanics of politics.
    Thanks from Jets and MeBelle

  4. #4
    RNG
    RNG is offline
    Moderator RNG's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    8,233
    Thanks
    4748

    From
    Canada, West Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by pragmatic View Post
    Think most realize that the GOP would incur more wrath than the Democrats.

    The Donald appears not to realize that fact.

    He really isn't very good at the mechanics of politics.
    His base doesn't appear to care. Hopefully the independents, moderates and Democrats who didn't vote will be sufficiently motivated next time.
    Thanks from NightSwimmer

  5. #5
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    58,108
    Thanks
    10585

    From
    By the wall
    He doesn't have to try, Obamacare is failing quite nicely on its own.

    Its a shit plan that the democrats sold the American people and the voters are about to realize it.

    Trump had a plan to make it sustainable but all the left could do is whine about people getting kicked off.

    Well now everyone is going to be kicked off when it goes belly up so there ya go.

    Cutting off your nose to spite your face.

    Not a single republican voted for the mess which is the ACA so its the democrats that will get all the blame as they should.
    Thanks from ptif219 and MeBelle

  6. #6
    Southern Strategy Liberal OldGaffer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    36,264
    Thanks
    38383

    From
    Nashville, TN
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    He doesn't have to try, Obamacare is failing quite nicely on its own.

    Its a shit plan that the democrats sold the American people and the voters are about to realize it.

    Trump had a plan to make it sustainable but all the left could do is whine about people getting kicked off.

    Well now everyone is going to be kicked off when it goes belly up so there ya go.

    Cutting off your nose to spite your face.

    Not a single republican voted for the mess which is the ACA so its the democrats that will get all the blame as they should.
    Try to restrain your obvious glee at the thought of millions losing their health care coverage.
    Thanks from TennesseeRain

  7. #7
    Master political analyst Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,328
    Thanks
    4700

    From
    The formerly great golden state
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    He doesn't have to try, Obamacare is failing quite nicely on its own.

    Its a shit plan that the democrats sold the American people and the voters are about to realize it.

    Trump had a plan to make it sustainable but all the left could do is whine about people getting kicked off.

    Well now everyone is going to be kicked off when it goes belly up so there ya go.

    Cutting off your nose to spite your face.

    Not a single republican voted for the mess which is the ACA so its the democrats that will get all the blame as they should.
    What do you think is the worst part:

    Keeping your kids on your plan to age 26 instead of 18?
    Being able to get coverage for pre existing conditions?
    Not having a lifetime cap on benefits?
    That the plan was passed by Democrats?
    Making people who depend on emergency rooms having to treat patients without regard to ability to pay pay a small fee for the service?
    Being able to go to work without losing Medicaid?

    Pick one, maybe more....

  8. #8
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    58,108
    Thanks
    10585

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    What do you think is the worst part:

    Keeping your kids on your plan to age 26 instead of 18?
    Being able to get coverage for pre existing conditions?
    Not having a lifetime cap on benefits?
    That the plan was passed by Democrats?
    Making people who depend on emergency rooms having to treat patients without regard to ability to pay pay a small fee for the service?
    Being able to go to work without losing Medicaid?

    Pick one, maybe more....
    Lack of choice

    Able to keep your plans

    Able to keep your doctors

    Unaffordable premiums and deductibles

    Forcing people to buy it

    Shall I go on?

  9. #9
    Veteran Member Pragmatist's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    45,212
    Thanks
    13117

    Quote Originally Posted by pragmatic View Post
    Think most realize that the GOP would incur more wrath than the Democrats.

    The Donald appears not to realize that fact.

    He really isn't very good at the mechanics of politics.
    He has already tweeted that if congress does not repeal Obamacare they will own it. That was until he changed his mind again and said they won't.

  10. #10
    Veteran Member Pragmatist's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    45,212
    Thanks
    13117

    Quote Originally Posted by RNG View Post
    His base doesn't appear to care. Hopefully the independents, moderates and Democrats who didn't vote will be sufficiently motivated next time.
    His base is nothing short of a bunch of ignorant dumbshits and even most of them realize it was a mistake to elect this asshole. The worst favorability ratings in history and half of those who do say they support him are lying.
    Thanks from TennesseeRain

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Trump says he plans to 'let Obamacare fail'
    By Think for myself in forum Current Events
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 18th July 2017, 11:51 AM
  2. President Trump’s Epic Fail on Paris
    By Bourne in forum Current Events
    Replies: 112
    Last Post: 1st June 2017, 07:11 PM
  3. Trump is made of fail
    By GordonGecko in forum Current Events
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 25th March 2017, 12:23 PM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 15th February 2017, 02:59 PM
  5. Why Trump Can't Fix The Economy And GOP Will Fail Big Time
    By Two If By Tea in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 6th January 2017, 02:23 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed