Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28
Thanks Tree9Thanks

Thread: How will Republicans deal with the Affordable Care Act?

  1. #11
    Thought Provocateur NightSwimmer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    31,560
    Thanks
    29432

    From
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    Let us know when they pass something to do that.
    It probably won't happen until after the Republicans kill the private sector healthcare insurance market and subsequently lose their majority status in both houses of Congress.
    Thanks from OldGaffer

  2. #12
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    58,036
    Thanks
    10573

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by NightSwimmer View Post
    It probably won't happen until after the Republicans kill the private sector healthcare insurance market and subsequently lose their majority status in both houses of Congress.
    Well let us know when it does.

    Until then you all should quit bringing it up as if its something they have done already.

    Makes you look silly.

  3. #13
    Member
    Joined
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,854
    Thanks
    1773

    From
    Switzerland
    In French when you refer to something which will not happen in a foreseable future you can say, it will happen when chicken are going to have teeth..... I hope that Americans will not have to wait that long to get general healthcare coverage for everyone....

  4. #14
    Thought Provocateur NightSwimmer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    31,560
    Thanks
    29432

    From
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    Well let us know when it does.

    Until then you all should quit bringing it up as if its something they have done already.

    Makes you look silly.
    I didn't bring it up. I merely answered your question. You'll know when it happens, so there'll be no need for me to tell you about it.

    "Silly" is thinking that winning one election cycle amounts to the end of history.
    Thanks from Panzareta

  5. #15
    Human Bean KnotaFrayed's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    12,669
    Thanks
    10540

    From
    Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    Well let us know when it does.

    Until then you all should quit bringing it up as if its something they have done already.

    Makes you look silly.
    Would that be like the "repeal and replace" Republicans and people like you who support them?

  6. #16
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    58,036
    Thanks
    10573

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by NightSwimmer View Post
    I didn't bring it up. I merely answered your question. You'll know when it happens, so there'll be no need for me to tell you about it.

    "Silly" is thinking that winning one election cycle amounts to the end of history.
    Correct, so it would be nice if the left kept saying that Trumps election is the end of our nation.

  7. #17
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    58,036
    Thanks
    10573

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by KnotaFrayed View Post
    Would that be like the "repeal and replace" Republicans and people like you who support them?
    Did it pass?

  8. #18
    Human Bean KnotaFrayed's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    12,669
    Thanks
    10540

    From
    Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    Did it pass?
    The PPACA passed or isn't that what we've heard Republicans would repeal and replace for how many years and as you pointed out.....did what? Pass?

    Based on that, who would you say is able to get things done, not just talk about what they are going to do, then fail to do it?

    "Repeal and Replace" failed, why?
    Last edited by KnotaFrayed; 31st July 2017 at 08:50 AM.

  9. #19
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    58,036
    Thanks
    10573

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by KnotaFrayed View Post
    The PPACA passed or isn't that what we've heard Republicans would repeal and replace for how many years and as you pointed out.....did what? Pass?
    Has any change to Obamacare passed since Trump took office?

  10. #20
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    29,358
    Thanks
    23329

    From
    On a hill
    Quote Originally Posted by galatin View Post
    In French when you refer to something which will not happen in a foreseable future you can say, it will happen when chicken are going to have teeth..... I hope that Americans will not have to wait that long to get general healthcare coverage for everyone....
    In English we say "when hell freezes over".

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Affordable care that isnít affordable
    By B04 in forum Current Events
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 16th February 2015, 09:45 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 9th February 2015, 05:50 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 4th January 2014, 06:36 AM
  4. Itís the Affordable Care Act. But What Is Affordable?
    By meridian5455 in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 19th August 2013, 12:51 AM
  5. Affordable Care Act
    By serenesam in forum Healthcare
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 13th August 2011, 06:09 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed