Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
Results 141 to 147 of 147
Thanks Tree46Thanks

Thread: Blue Cross pulls back on Georgia coverage

  1. #141
    Veteran Member Southern Dad's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    31,283
    Thanks
    6612

    From
    A Month Away
    Quote Originally Posted by OldGaffer View Post
    "For profit" needs to be eliminated from healthcare, utilities, fire, police, and our military.
    If you eliminate the profit, what will the incentive be to invest huge amounts of money into the research and development of new medicines and procedures?

  2. #142
    Established Member
    Joined
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    7,694
    Thanks
    1318

    From
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OldGaffer View Post
    "For profit" needs to be eliminated from healthcare, utilities, fire, police, and our military.
    Your physician shouldn't be allowed to make a profit in the operation of his practice?

  3. #143
    Southern Strategy Liberal OldGaffer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    36,264
    Thanks
    38383

    From
    Nashville, TN
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
    Your physician shouldn't be allowed to make a profit in the operation of his practice?
    Did I say anything about workers not getting paid? That is more of a Republican thing, fucking over workers.

  4. #144
    Southern Strategy Liberal OldGaffer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    36,264
    Thanks
    38383

    From
    Nashville, TN
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Dad View Post
    If you eliminate the profit, what will the incentive be to invest huge amounts of money into the research and development of new medicines and procedures?
    According to RWNJ's, a few grants will make scientists work like fucking dogs...even to prove something that is not really real, like Global Warming. Imagine how hard they would work for something real, like medicine....

  5. #145
    Established Member
    Joined
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    7,694
    Thanks
    1318

    From
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OldGaffer View Post
    Did I say anything about workers not getting paid? That is more of a Republican thing, fucking over workers.
    You said there shouldn't be any profit in the delivery of health care. Your physician is running a for profit business.

  6. #146
    Southern Strategy Liberal OldGaffer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    36,264
    Thanks
    38383

    From
    Nashville, TN
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
    You said there shouldn't be any profit in the delivery of health care. Your physician is running a for profit business.
    Depends on how the system is set up, some countries let Doctors run private practices others hire Doctors as government employees, some incorporate both systems. Of course my original comment was not about Doctors and Nurses being compensated.

  7. #147
    Established Member
    Joined
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    7,694
    Thanks
    1318

    From
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OldGaffer View Post
    Depends on how the system is set up, some countries let Doctors run private practices others hire Doctors as government employees, some incorporate both systems. Of course my original comment was not about Doctors and Nurses being compensated.
    You said there should be no profits made in the health care industry.

    What to you think a government employee physician should make?

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Similar Threads

  1. Big Blue Cross-Blue Shield insurer aims for ACA return
    By DemoWhip in forum Current Events
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10th June 2017, 07:11 AM
  2. Replies: 101
    Last Post: 1st June 2017, 02:53 PM
  3. Trump pulls back Obama era protections for women workers
    By Friday13 in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 4th April 2017, 12:18 PM
  4. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 7th November 2013, 05:55 AM

Search tags for this page

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed