Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33
Thanks Tree32Thanks

Thread: Obama's Deadly Sexism: 90% of Research $ For Gynocological Cancers Is Gone

  1. #11
    Veteran Member Isalexi's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    33,310
    Thanks
    20742

    From
    Maryland
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Urbanek View Post
    Obama could have used his "bully pulpit" to argue for more female-focused medical research but he wasn't really a "bully pulpit" kind of leader.
    He certainly spoke up for women. His first EO was the LEDBETTER bill.
    Thanks from Friday13, PACE and Dragonfly5

  2. #12
    Veteran Member Isalexi's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    33,310
    Thanks
    20742

    From
    Maryland
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    What is an "eap"?



    According to the article, NO clinical trials are presently underway for gynocological cancers. The NIH's funding decisions are not irrelevant.



    Not according to the scientists who are quoted in the article. It is 100% a lack of funding problem.



    When? Under Dubya? Reagan? Eisenhower?

    Jesus H. Christ. Take some responsibility for the failures of the Obama administration -- it was not Shan-gra-la. He was a C+ president at best.

    If you know of any women you care about not dying of these cancers, you might consider asking your president or Congresscritters to renew funding for this research.
    I think he was an a+ ...he prevented a Great Depression
    Thanks from Friday13, PACE and Dragonfly5

  3. #13
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    51,003
    Thanks
    29569

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Sampson Simpson View Post
    eap was supposed to be leap. Blaming Obama for where teh NIH sends dollars, and then claiming he is sexist is completely ridiuclous

    Under Bush is when the decline in funding started, and REpublicans had control of the budget for most of Obama's term. I don't need to take responsibility for Obama because he is not to blame, and I most certainly don't entertain your absurd notion that he is sexist because of it

    Your OP is garbage, expecting Obama to micromanage the NIH on top of all his other job duties. Go complain to who runs the NIH and who is responsible for which areas get funded

    And another thing, could it be that NIH reduced costs because private foundation grants were funding these areas? There are many of these that support issues facing women (we have an entire month of all sports wearing pink to raise awareness for breast cancer)
    Obama did not need to micromanage the NIH in order to force them to fund this research.

  4. #14
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    51,003
    Thanks
    29569

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Isalexi View Post
    I think he was an a+ ...he prevented a Great Depression
    That is true.

    But he armed Iran with nuclear weapons as well.

    Etc.

    A mixed bag.

  5. #15
    Moderator HayJenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    40,023
    Thanks
    31131

    From
    CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Sampson Simpson View Post
    eap was supposed to be leap. Blaming Obama for where teh NIH sends dollars, and then claiming he is sexist is completely ridiuclous

    Under Bush is when the decline in funding started, and REpublicans had control of the budget for most of Obama's term. I don't need to take responsibility for Obama because he is not to blame, and I most certainly don't entertain your absurd notion that he is sexist because of it

    Your OP is garbage, expecting Obama to micromanage the NIH on top of all his other job duties. Go complain to who runs the NIH and who is responsible for which areas get funded

    And another thing, could it be that NIH reduced costs because private foundation grants were funding these areas? There are many of these that support issues facing women (we have an entire month of all sports wearing pink to raise awareness for breast cancer)
    Indeed, I don't see how this is Obama's fault.

    From the link.

    Why has the number of trials plummeted? The drop, the experts at the conference said, was probably caused by the 2012 restructuring of cooperative groups sponsored by the National Cancer Institute, placing gynecological, surgical and radiation therapy under the same umbrella, and also by significant budget reductions of the National Institutes of Health.

    So I clicked on the link that in that sentence and this is what I found.

    The composition of the membership itself has changed over time for two primary reasons. First, the Society endorses a patient-centered medical home model of comprehensive care for women diagnosed with a gynecologic cancer. The includes the entire health care team—medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, pain and palliative care specialists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, oncology nurses, genetic counselors, social workers, etc. Rather than restricting membership in the Society to gynecologic oncologists, as was the case prior to 2010, the membership categories now are inclusive of the entire heath care team.

    From page 4

    https://www.sgo.org/wp-content/uploa...yn-Cancers.pdf

    Obama has two daughters. To think he condones sexism in any way is ridiculous.
    Thanks from Friday13

  6. #16
    Above the FRAY Friday13's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,992
    Thanks
    13236

    From
    SoCal
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    That is true.

    But he armed Iran with nuclear weapons as well.

    Etc.
    A mixed bag.
    You know that (the bold) is patently false...why do you retell this lie?
    Thanks from HayJenn and Isalexi

  7. #17
    Telecastin' Blues63's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    5,949
    Thanks
    3915

    From
    Brisbane, Australia
    Has the inoculation for the virus which causes cervical cancer reduced the risk factor in this field?

  8. #18
    Veteran Member PACE's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    21,033
    Thanks
    17895

    From
    None of your business
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    That is true.

    But he armed Iran with nuclear weapons as well.

    Etc.

    A mixed bag.
    He didn't arm Iran, what a ridiculous thing to say, do you understand the Nuclear Arms accord with Iran? do you understand the limitations and what they mean?

    Really read it, and if you have any question about the grade of uranium and what they are used for, please ask.

  9. #19
    Veteran Member PACE's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    21,033
    Thanks
    17895

    From
    None of your business
    Quote Originally Posted by Blues63 View Post
    Has the inoculation for the virus which causes cervical cancer reduced the risk factor in this field?
    I think the jury is still out on that one, isn't it? after all, it's a relatively new vaccine.
    Thanks from Isalexi

  10. #20
    Veteran Member PACE's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    21,033
    Thanks
    17895

    From
    None of your business
    Quote Originally Posted by Blues63 View Post
    Has the inoculation for the virus which causes cervical cancer reduced the risk factor in this field?
    I think the jury is still out on that one, isn't it? after all, it's a relatively new vaccine.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Colorectal cancers on the rise in younger adults
    By bajisima in forum Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 28th February 2017, 06:30 AM
  2. Obama must come clean on deadly Benghazi attack
    By nonsqtr in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 24th November 2012, 02:24 AM
  3. Obama's Deadly Doctors
    By Blah in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 12th August 2009, 03:56 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed