Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 94
Thanks Tree123Thanks

Thread: US Fertility Rates Have Plummeted Into Uncharted Territory, And Nobody Knows Why

  1. #61
    Radical Centrist BigLeRoy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    32,836
    Thanks
    28001

    From
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by bmanmcfly View Post
    Okay, wow. I wasn't actually doubting it that much but more just shocked that you would actually say it.

    Now, I am pro-life, but I am not so anti-abortion that I would even think to suggest something like that. I mean even if that would be a viable option, that's still horrible to suggest.

    Seriously, the women that are going to go for abortions wouldn't you rather them to get it then to mistreat the child? Rhetorical.
    Huh?!? I'm not the one who said it. RUSH LIMBAUGH is the one who said it! Are you confused about this, or what?!??
    Thanks from bmanmcfly and Panzareta

  2. #62
    Veteran Member bmanmcfly's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    20,447
    Thanks
    3181

    From
    C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh

    US Fertility Rates Have Plummeted Into Uncharted Territory, And Nobody Knows Why

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLeRoy View Post
    Huh?!? I'm not the one who said it. RUSH LIMBAUGH is the one who said it! Are you confused about this, or what?!??
    No I get it... I was just flabbergasted...

    Edit for clarity: Rush said that. I've never really paid attention to rush much of ever.
    Last edited by bmanmcfly; 22nd May 2018 at 07:46 PM.
    Thanks from BigLeRoy

  3. #63
    Veteran Member Dr.Knuckles's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    100,207
    Thanks
    7758

    From
    Vancouver
    Am I the only one thinking that the people having large families are exactly the same people facing some immigration / visa / deportation problems over the last year?

    I know where all your babies are. They’re all here. They crossed over in the night and claimed refugee status with their parents.
    Thanks from The Man

  4. #64
    Cat-tastic Babba's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    67,892
    Thanks
    49332

    From
    So. Md.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmanmcfly View Post
    I see you are fully informed and supportive of what they are doing, in spite of the laws against exactly that. Let me Guess, it's ok because they mostly kill black babies?

    I was actually going to start with the "secondary services" That they provide... people have looked into it by calling EVERY office and asking for the secondary services... not one was equipped for anything other than abortion related procedures.
    PP never sold fetal tissue or organs. It is perfectly legal to donate them and be reimbursed for the preservation and storage. That's all PP ever did. (Talk about playing the race card. *eye roll* )

    PP provides preventative care for pregnancies and STDs and treats STDs. They do cancer screenings like breast exams and referrals to places that do mammograms. No gynecologist I ever went to gave mammograms. They had to refer me someplace to have them done. I used their services to obtain affordable birth control at one time so don't try to lecture me on what services they offer.
    Thanks from HCProf and Panzareta

  5. #65
    Master political analyst Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    12,023
    Thanks
    6153

    From
    The formerly great golden state
    Quote Originally Posted by bmanmcfly View Post
    Wow... he actually said That?
    Rush has said almost as many crazy things as Donald Trump has.
    Thanks from Panzareta

  6. #66
    Moderator HCProf's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    21,977
    Thanks
    11552

    From
    USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Babba View Post
    PP never sold fetal tissue or organs. It is perfectly legal to donate them and be reimbursed for the preservation and storage. That's all PP ever did. (Talk about playing the race card. *eye roll* )

    PP provides preventative care for pregnancies and STDs and treats STDs. They do cancer screenings like breast exams and referrals to places that do mammograms. No gynecologist I ever went to gave mammograms. They had to refer me someplace to have them done. I used their services to obtain affordable birth control at one time so don't try to lecture me on what services they offer.
    PP saved the life of one my college students years ago. She had a really malodorous smell and her classmates were beginning to circle their wagons. I thought she might have had a STD. She was 20 and had never been to the Doctor nor did she have insurance. I had a chat with her stating I was worried about the odor and she shared that she had a discharge that was bloody. We found a PP and she made an appointment. It was discovered she had cervical cancer...late stage. This was way before the ACA and the Medicaid expansion so she did not qualify at the time. PP became her advocate and negotiated with a hospital to treat her cancer at no charge to her. It was not easy...PP really went to the mat for her. I was impressed.

  7. #67
    Veteran Member Panzareta's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    33,128
    Thanks
    20116

    From
    On a happy trail
    Quote Originally Posted by HCProf View Post
    PP saved the life of one my college students years ago. She had a really malodorous smell and her classmates were beginning to circle their wagons. I thought she might have had a STD. She was 20 and had never been to the Doctor nor did she have insurance. I had a chat with her stating I was worried about the odor and she shared that she had a discharge that was bloody. We found a PP and she made an appointment. It was discovered she had cervical cancer...late stage. This was way before the ACA and the Medicaid expansion so she did not qualify at the time. PP became her advocate and negotiated with a hospital to treat her cancer at no charge to her. It was not easy...PP really went to the mat for her. I was impressed.
    Just getting through the Christian hecklers at the local PP takes some determination. Shows the local churches in a bad light when their members make assumptions but don't really know what the woman is going there for, while demanding that patients divulge personal info
    Thanks from Babba and HCProf

  8. #68
    Moderator HCProf's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    21,977
    Thanks
    11552

    From
    USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Panzareta View Post
    Just getting through the Christian hecklers at the local PP takes some determination. Shows the local churches in a bad light when their members make assumptions but don't really know what the woman is going there for, while demanding that patients divulge personal info
    OMG...even in the 80's. My best friend from 5th grade moved in with me after her divorce when I was in my 20's. She was dating someone and got pregnant two months after her divorce was final. She was embarrassed and could not face her parents and could not afford another child so soon after the divorce. She was also very anti-abortion prior to this happening. I took her to a clinic and we were stunned at the amount of protesters...at least 50 of them screaming at us as we walked into the clinic. Neither one of us expected that and she was mortified. I waited for her and watched these idiots through the window. After, I asked if we can leave through the back door so she would not have to walk through them again after her procedure. I think this affected her recovery because she missed 2 weeks of work and just laid on the couch staring at nothing.
    Thanks from Panzareta and Babba

  9. #69
    Veteran Member Panzareta's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    33,128
    Thanks
    20116

    From
    On a happy trail
    Quote Originally Posted by HCProf View Post
    OMG...even in the 80's. My best friend from 5th grade moved in with me after her divorce when I was in my 20's. She was dating someone and got pregnant two months after her divorce was final. She was embarrassed and could not face her parents and could not afford another child so soon after the divorce. She was also very anti-abortion prior to this happening. I took her to a clinic and we were stunned at the amount of protesters...at least 50 of them screaming at us as we walked into the clinic. Neither one of us expected that and she was mortified. I waited for her and watched these idiots through the window. After, I asked if we can leave through the back door so she would not have to walk through them again after her procedure. I think this affected her recovery because she missed 2 weeks of work and just laid on the couch staring at nothing.
    There are pickets at the tiny local clinic every minute during business hours. Usually 3 to 5. They park their van with the current anti PP slogan on the side in front to block anyone from being dropped off. Set up a table with leaflets on the side walk and then confront every one who enters or walks by.

    They don't fully block the entrance but make patients walk around them in order to enter. The clinic is a converted house that abuts the sidewalk with a typical small house entrance.

  10. #70
    Veteran Member bmanmcfly's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    20,447
    Thanks
    3181

    From
    C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
    Quote Originally Posted by Babba View Post
    PP never sold fetal tissue or organs. It is perfectly legal to donate them and be reimbursed for the preservation and storage. That's all PP ever did. (Talk about playing the race card. *eye roll* )

    PP provides preventative care for pregnancies and STDs and treats STDs. They do cancer screenings like breast exams and referrals to places that do mammograms. No gynecologist I ever went to gave mammograms. They had to refer me someplace to have them done. I used their services to obtain affordable birth control at one time so don't try to lecture me on what services they offer.
    You just acknowledged they did and did not want to discuss it further... how else was I supposed to take your position on established fact?

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 20th March 2018, 02:12 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 26th July 2013, 05:52 AM
  3. Seven Castaways Rescued From Uncharted Desert Island
    By Freedom for All in forum Political Humor
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 22nd September 2006, 12:17 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed