Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Finland vows care for narcolepsy kids who had swine flu shot

  1. #1
    King Obama is a traitor! michaelr's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    89,668
    Thanks
    2736

    From
    FEMA Region 10

    Finland vows care for narcolepsy kids who had swine flu shot

    Finland vows care for narcolepsy kids who had swine flu shot

    Yeah but regular flu shots wont cause autistic behavior in children~The FDA

    Remember folks the swine flu vaccine is mixed into the regular flu vaccine.

    Go get your shots.

  2. #2
    Wrinkly Member Dangermouse's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    22,435
    Thanks
    20607

    From
    Sunny Bournemouth, Dorset
    It seems that you are only at risk if you live in Finland, are aged between 4 and 19, and had your Pandemrix shot in 2008 or 2009.

    "In Finland, 79 children between the ages of four and 19 developed narcolepsy after receiving the Pandemrix vaccine in 2009 and 2010."

    Pandemrix was developed by GSK in 2006, and has been used worldwide since then. Why only Finland and those two years?

  3. #3
    King Obama is a traitor! michaelr's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    89,668
    Thanks
    2736

    From
    FEMA Region 10
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    It seems that you are only at risk if you live in Finland, are aged between 4 and 19, and had your Pandemrix shot in 2008 or 2009.

    "In Finland, 79 children between the ages of four and 19 developed narcolepsy after receiving the Pandemrix vaccine in 2009 and 2010."

    Pandemrix was developed by GSK in 2006, and has been used worldwide since then. Why only Finland and those two years?
    Actually a lot of countries banned these vaccines for the same reason.

  4. #4
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    21,748
    Thanks
    12025

    Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    It seems that you are only at risk if you live in Finland, are aged between 4 and 19, and had your Pandemrix shot in 2008 or 2009.

    "In Finland, 79 children between the ages of four and 19 developed narcolepsy after receiving the Pandemrix vaccine in 2009 and 2010."

    Pandemrix was developed by GSK in 2006, and has been used worldwide since then. Why only Finland and those two years?
    In all the cases examined, narcolepsy associated with Pandemrix vaccination has been identified in persons who carry a genetic risk factor for narcolepsy
    Association between Pandemrix and narcolepsy confirmed among Finnish children and adolescents - THL

    maybe this could answer that. It's not unheard of for particular ethnic groups to have different genetics. of course, I'm reaching but potentially that's the reason why.

    but of course, this story has nothing to do with autism and vaccines as michaelr's post stated, in which study after study has proven that vaccinations don't cause autism.

    The Pandemrix vaccine was used in the winter of 20092010 to prevent the swine flu epidemic. About half of the Finnish population chose to be vaccinated. In autumn 2009 at the peak of the epidemic, the daily number of people (mainly under the age of 65) in hospital care was 400, with more than 50 patients in intensive care. There were 44 deaths from swine flu confirmed by laboratory tests. A significant number of severe cases were prevented during the 20092010 season, even if vaccines were given at about the same time as the epidemic reached Finland. Vaccinations of the groups most at risk from swine flu were completed by the local authorities before the first wave of the epidemic struck.

    During the influenza season 20102011, 52 persons were treated in intensive care, and 13 succumbed. Most of these were unvaccinated. Combining the data on morbidity and mortality with data on vaccinations in the 20092010 pandemic season indicate that a swine flu vaccination taken in the pandemic season had provided 7588 per cent protection against the swine flu virus in winter 20102011. Based on these vaccine effectiveness figures, it has been estimated that during the first wave in 2009-2010, the swine flu vaccine prevented approximately 40 000 cases of swine flu, and during the second wave in 2010-2011, another 40 000 cases of swine flu.
    From the same link, the swine flu vaccination worked
    Last edited by Dr Sampson Simpson; 10th October 2011 at 10:39 AM.

  5. #5
    King Obama is a traitor! michaelr's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    89,668
    Thanks
    2736

    From
    FEMA Region 10
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Sampson Simpson View Post
    Association between Pandemrix and narcolepsy confirmed among Finnish children and adolescents - THL

    maybe this could answer that. It's not unheard of for particular ethnic groups to have different genetics. of course, I'm reaching but potentially that's the reason why.

    but of course, this story has nothing to do with autism and vaccines as michaelr's post stated, in which study after study has proven that vaccinations don't cause autism.
    Oh no, there is no reason to conclude that vaccines cause narcolepsy but not autism, hell you would have to be crazy to think it does....hahaha

  6. #6
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    21,748
    Thanks
    12025

    Quote Originally Posted by michaelr View Post
    Actually a lot of countries banned these vaccines for the same reason.
    Can you back that up?
    found this link that Switzerland banned it for pregnant women due to limited effectiveness
    Swiss authorities banned the use of Pandemrix for pregnant women because they said there was not enough data on its effects.
    Mums-to-be can choose different jab after Swiss ban on swine flu vaccine - News, Frontpage - Herald.ie


    US Flu Vaccine Being Banned in Other Countries | Everything Health!

    And this link above (I"m sure you will come back with some sort of bogus link that doesn't support your claim) is exactly the type of dishonest reporting you get. notice its from a natural website pushing yoga and other herbal remedies. the article claims "US flu vaccine being banned form other countries due to bizzare side effects"

    Recommended US Flu Vaccine Being Banned in Other Countries Due to Bizarre Side Effects
    September 7th, 2010

    The Swedish Medical Products Agency has received reports from health care professionals regarding narcolepsy as suspected adverse drug reaction following Pandemrix flu vaccination.

    The reports concern teenaged children who developed narcolepsy symptoms one to two months after vaccination against the H1N1 pandemic. Finland is also looking into the possible link following an increase in the sleeping disorder among children this spring.

    According to The Local:

    “In the European Union, around 30 million people were vaccinated using Pandemrix. Sweden bought 18 million doses, which was enough to provide two injections for each person in its 9.3 million population.”

    The Pandemrix package insert shows that “somnolence”, although not narcolepsy per se, is a known potential side effect of the drug.

    Finland’s National Institute for Health and Welfare (THL) has also issued an order to stop the use of Pandemrix swine flu vaccine due the probable link to narcolepsy in children. The agency received six reports of children who developed chronic sleep disorders after they received the vaccine in January 2010,Seer Press News reports.

    Six cases of narcolepsy with cataplexy – a rare disorder characterized by chronic sleepiness, together with a loss of muscle tone – have been detected in France in persons vaccinated against influenza A/H1N1.

    As you may recall, Australia also banned the swine flu vaccine for children under the age of 5, back in April, 2010, due to excessively high rates of febrile convulsions.
    Then the only thing in the article that even mentions ban, is for a specific use. The article doesn't even support the conclusion. This type of misinformation bullshit is far too common.

  7. #7
    King Obama is a traitor! michaelr's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    89,668
    Thanks
    2736

    From
    FEMA Region 10
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Sampson Simpson View Post
    Can you back that up?
    found this link that Switzerland banned it for pregnant women due to limited effectiveness

    Mums-to-be can choose different jab after Swiss ban on swine flu vaccine - News, Frontpage - Herald.ie


    US Flu Vaccine Being Banned in Other Countries | Everything Health!

    And this link above (I"m sure you will come back with some sort of bogus link that doesn't support your claim) is exactly the type of dishonest reporting you get. notice its from a natural website pushing yoga and other herbal remedies. the article claims "US flu vaccine being banned form other countries due to bizzare side effects"


    Then the only thing in the article that even mentions ban, is for a specific use. The article doesn't even support the conclusion. This type of misinformation bullshit is far too common.
    Sure.

    I am doing your homework, but I will give you a start.

  8. #8
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    21,748
    Thanks
    12025

    Quote Originally Posted by michaelr View Post
    Sure.

    I am doing your homework, but I will give you a start.
    Just as I suspected, bogus links to websites promoting herbal supplements and natural healing LOL. nat med, naturalnews. I've shown what bullshit those sites are. Link to real sites, with real science and real facts. Predictable and wrong as usual. Just like your OP that claims a link about one specific vaccine in one particular group of people with a slightly increased risk of narcolepsy somehow equates to vaccines causing autism. LOL

  9. #9
    King Obama is a traitor! michaelr's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    89,668
    Thanks
    2736

    From
    FEMA Region 10
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Sampson Simpson View Post
    Just as I suspected, bogus links to websites promoting herbal supplements and natural healing LOL. nat med, naturalnews. I've shown what bullshit those sites are. Link to real sites, with real science and real facts. Predictable and wrong as usual. Just like your OP that claims a link about one specific vaccine in one particular group of people with a slightly increased risk of narcolepsy somehow equates to vaccines causing autism. LOL
    I know, forget the MSM articles and spew your hatred toward natural remedies.

  10. #10
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    21,748
    Thanks
    12025

    Quote Originally Posted by michaelr View Post
    I know, forget the MSM articles and spew your hatred toward natural remedies.
    that's hysterical, like you spew hatred for vaccine, science and pharmaceutical companies? With no real evidence to back it up.

    I've been over this time and time again with you, and have pointed out point by point why these websites are bogus. Natural news is the worst. They cite back to their own articles as a reference, thinking people won't check. If they cite an actual study, they lie about what is says, thinking people won't look at it. It's biased garbage, just like the link I quoted above and their claims that were unsubstantiated.

    you just ignore it and continue to post links that don't back up what you claim they do.

    Every time this comes up I cite the dozens of peer reviewed articles from different hospitals, universities and researchers, that all show conclusively that there is no link between vaccines and autism. The only study that was used as ammo against vaccines, was a proven fraud of an article. it just goes to show the dishonesty and ignorance of the vaccine bashers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed