Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 57 of 57
Thanks Tree28Thanks

Thread: Fake News

  1. #51
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    6,958
    Thanks
    2633

    From
    USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    So you claim. But, when given the opportunity to demonstrate that? ...nuffin...

    It will never cease to amaze me how easy it is to expose the bullshit of conservatives.
    If I let you, you'd bog me down in research and fact-checking to make sure every word was accurate and perfect and you would just ignore it, and I'm not taking on busy work to prove what I know is true a bunch of lefty trolls with closed minds and deaf ears.

    You'd never accept an argument from a conservative because they're a conservative. IOW, I don't care if you have issue with my posting. Trying to please you is not worth my time. Besides, facts or no, when has anyone here ever changed your opinion on any issue? Most people on political forums are intractable in their positions anyway.
    Last edited by Ginger; 31st December 2016 at 05:46 AM. Reason: typo
    Thanks from bmanmcfly and Conservatarian

  2. #52
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    30,515
    Thanks
    3882

    Fake News ... origins and advice for dealing with it from a credentialed investigative journalist. Unbiased and full of examples.

    Last edited by kmiller1610; 17th February 2018 at 10:26 PM.
    Thanks from Blues63

  3. #53
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    30,515
    Thanks
    3882

    Thanks from Blues63

  4. #54
    DEEP STATE CEO Blues63's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    9,360
    Thanks
    6778

    From
    SPECTRE HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by kmiller1610 View Post
    Fake News ... origins and advice for dealing with it from a credentialed investigative journalist. Unbiased and full of examples.

    Some very cogent points raised, however, she was tainted by the bias brush a little herself. I would add that education focussing upon advertising, the employment of persuasive writing, and learning how to identify such usage would certainly arm one against said techniques.

    I feel that a stronger media component should be within the English curriculum.
    Thanks from kmiller1610

  5. #55
    DEEP STATE CEO Blues63's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    9,360
    Thanks
    6778

    From
    SPECTRE HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by kmiller1610 View Post
    I'm a little disappointed in the resource content for years 9-12. It was somewhat...lacking in content which I was not expecting, as if aimed at a much lower grade. Furthermore, why present appraisal as the clichéd 'fake news' (don't we teach students to avoid hackneyed expressions?) when 'media studies' or 'textual criticism' would suffice? These students can deal with such terminology and I expected a higher standard. Still, heading in the right direction and if media studies are lacking in the school, then it is a great initiative if it remains politically neutral.

  6. #56
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    30,515
    Thanks
    3882

    Quote Originally Posted by Blues63 View Post
    Some very cogent points raised, however, she was tainted by the bias brush a little herself. I would add that education focussing upon advertising, the employment of persuasive writing, and learning how to identify such usage would certainly arm one against said techniques.

    I feel that a stronger media component should be within the English curriculum.
    I assume you are referring to Stonewalled, where the publishers chose the title and how to promote the book. The book itself is typical of everything she has ever done. It is strictly reporting with no sweeping conclusions or political preaching. Keep in mind that once she left CBS she was trying to re-establish herself in some kind of viable career. Stonewalled explores how corporate interests are stifling investigative journalism and that was certainly as much a theme of the book as the Obama administration.

  7. #57
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    30,515
    Thanks
    3882

    Quote Originally Posted by Ginger View Post
    If I let you, you'd bog me down in research and fact-checking to make sure every word was accurate and perfect and you would just ignore it, and I'm not taking on busy work to prove what I know is true a bunch of lefty trolls with closed minds and deaf ears.

    You'd never accept an argument from a conservative because they're a conservative. IOW, I don't care if you have issue with my posting. Trying to please you is not worth my time. Besides, facts or no, when has anyone here ever changed your opinion on any issue? Most people on political forums are intractable in their positions anyway.
    I classify that behavior as the "fetch."

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 9th December 2016, 11:56 AM
  2. CNN Fake News
    By Meursault in forum Current Events
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: 9th December 2016, 08:58 AM
  3. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 7th December 2016, 06:40 AM
  4. Fox Producer- they know it is fake news
    By teamosil in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 14th November 2012, 12:31 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed