Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 148
Thanks Tree89Thanks

Thread: So ... I just watched CNN.

  1. #51
    Veteran Member DebateDrone's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    31,215
    Thanks
    26399

    From
    SWUSA
    Quote Originally Posted by John T Ford View Post
    I think there is a difference in being bias and fake news.

    Bias about news stories or political events is one thing.

    Totally fabricating fakes news with the single goal of destroying a duly elected sitting American President is a whole other matter.
    I don't watch CNN. That said, fabricating news is not a crime. It is the job of competitors viewers to call out the competition as fabricators of news.

    Presidents have always complained they are getting a raw deal from the press. Trump is no different.

    President Trump has his own problems with telling the truth. So much so that for the first time in my lifetime a US President was called a liar so universally.

    Donald Trump is a purveyor and user of fake news every bit as much as CNN is. That is fact.

  2. #52
    Veteran Member John T Ford's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    24,388
    Thanks
    6740

    From
    Great State of Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by DebateDrone View Post
    I don't watch CNN. That said, fabricating news is not a crime. It is the job of competitors viewers to call out the competition as fabricators of news.

    Presidents have always complained they are getting a raw deal from the press. Trump is no different.

    President Trump has his own problems with telling the truth. So much so that for the first time in my lifetime a US President was called a liar so universally.

    Donald Trump is a purveyor and user of fake news every bit as much as CNN is. That is fact.
    Only in the Alt Left Universe.

  3. #53
    Veteran Member bajisima's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    41,647
    Thanks
    24468

    From
    New Hampshire
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Knuckles View Post
    Try to have an original thought.

    CNN is awful news for the elderly. Fox is awful propaganda (not news) for parrots like yourself to memorize.

    I dont know your MSN one except by reputation, which isn't good.

    And how many Americans are going to watch BBC or a Canadian signal?

    The US has a media crisis. Like... a serious one.
    You are so right. I am one of the lucky ones that gets Canadian tv news and channels. There is an entire world out there of news and here in the US we hear none of it. Oh sure us wonks on political forums hear more than most, but the average American? They know nothing AT ALL.

  4. #54
    Veteran Member Dr.Knuckles's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    98,417
    Thanks
    5206

    From
    Vancouver
    Quote Originally Posted by DebateDrone View Post
    I don't watch CNN. That said, fabricating news is not a crime. It is the job of competitors viewers to call out the competition as fabricators of news ...
    That seems to be the consensus.

    I disagree wholeheartedly.

    It's not my job to call out fake news of my own news' competitor. To make sure my political counterparts don't lie.

    It's my job to ensure that I am not lied to. By my own news.

    I want the news. Not political cheerleading. My "team" are other people who want the news. Not one of the networks. So it's not my job to call out Fox or MSNBC or Breitbart or The National Enquirer or The Daily Mail because I have no respect for them and never have. They're not news. They're propaganda. They're for people I detest and want to be nothing like. Their audiences are idiots. I'm not an idiot.

    It's my job to hammer CNN or PBS or Reuters or BBC or our CBC or CTV here if they go out of line, even an inch, because they're my sources of actual news. And of real news for other consumers of actual news.

    Well, not CNN anymore. I guess it's moved to another format. Happy to hang along with TMZ and Entertainment Tonight.
    Last edited by Dr.Knuckles; 5th July 2017 at 07:08 AM.
    Thanks from boontito and Blues63

  5. #55
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    6,958
    Thanks
    2634

    From
    USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Knuckles View Post
    There is nothing on there, nothing, that is not a hack at the White House.

    I mean nothing. There is not a word spoken that is not a hack at the White House.

    There is no other issue, there is no other story, there are no people in the world except Donald Trump. If someone is on air they are attacking the White House, attacking trump, or a fall guy set up to get the blunt of a hack on Trump.

    A few of us started keeping track. We're going to see how long we can go about our daily business and never see CNN cover anything st all except Trump.

    So far we're at two hours and no ones seen a non- Trump segment. Obviously we're working, not starring at it. But as we're in and out of the room...
    I tuned in. Yep, they're losing their damn minds.
    Thanks from Dr.Knuckles

  6. #56
    Telecastin' Blues63's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    6,651
    Thanks
    4414

    From
    Brisbane, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by John T Ford View Post
    Sane or not, you obviously do not understand the difference between bias and fake news.
    I do understand it. YOU don't understand my point as usual. God, some people need to work on their comprehension, as it becomes tiresome trying to discuss complex topics with those of limited understanding.

    Easy shit for those whose senior year wasn't fifth grade.

    Bias:

    1) Fox = Right wing

    2) CNN = Left wing

    Fake news

    1) Hannity's Seth Rich fabrication.

    2) Nazi Moonbases

    3) Anything by AE911T



    So you see, I do know what I'm talking about.

    Do YOU? Do YOU understand now? Got it? Or do I have to go through it again with a monosyllabic vocab?

    Now for a point that you haven't thought of because of your IQ, and that is, the fake news stories are borne of bias. Did you think of that? No. you didn't, because that would require at least level 2 or 3 thinking, and you're stuck on 1.
    Last edited by Blues63; 5th July 2017 at 03:00 PM.
    Thanks from BigLeRoy

  7. #57
    Junior Member Claudius the God's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,887
    Thanks
    1159

    From
    California
    CNN used to be a great network when Ted Turner ran it and Bernie was the main host. They tried to be a BBC for the world and by and large they succeeded for a long time. Now they just fill up airtime to get ratings. They are nothing like Fox though, that is really quite disingenuous. If they covered the news 24x7x365 they would have to make a choice about how much real news to tell and how much sensationalism to provide, a balance of ratings over duty if you will. Since they have only one duty, to make money, they and most of the rest of the media chose to make money. As long as we want news to be like TMZ, we will get it.

  8. #58
    Moderator HayJenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    42,007
    Thanks
    32510

    From
    CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Knuckles View Post
    Oy. No answers!!!!!!!

    It took me ages to type that. Don't ruin the game for others. Haha.
    Sorry - I didn't catch that part - now I feel bad because I'm sure it did take a while to post it - my bad

  9. #59
    Veteran Member Devil505's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    60,162
    Thanks
    17901

    From
    Mass and Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Knuckles View Post
    Chicken and egg.

    Maybe that's all they talk about because that's all they know about, because that's all they hear about.
    Anyone who reads,watches or listens to only one news source and thinks they're getting the whole story is a fool.

  10. #60
    Veteran Member Devil505's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    60,162
    Thanks
    17901

    From
    Mass and Florida
    Fake News is anything coming out of the WH.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. So I watched a little Fox News this morning.
    By thrilling in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 4th March 2017, 05:15 AM
  2. New Mexico Republicans: You're Being Watched!
    By Howey in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 20th October 2016, 05:43 PM
  3. Just watched- Inside 9/11: Zero Hour on Nat Geo
    By creativedreams in forum Conspiracy Theories
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 29th March 2010, 07:31 AM
  4. Just Watched Bush On TV
    By Devil505 in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 3rd September 2008, 01:10 AM

Search tags for this page

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed