Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 55
Thanks Tree31Thanks

Thread: war of terror

  1. #21
    Swamper chaos's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    3,320
    Thanks
    1500

    From
    Cyberia
    Alternative news anchor Cenk Uygur predicts that Trump will resign within 6 months. Manafort cooperating with special investigation is causing Trump to have a meltdown in front of the world.

  2. #22
    Swamper chaos's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    3,320
    Thanks
    1500

    From
    Cyberia
    4 U.S. navy warships crash this year and the NSM is calling them accidents. Our empire is too greedy and too corrupt for all that to be coincidence. Taxpayers better get ready to fund another war of terror in Asia.

  3. #23
    No mercy for losers Addiction Solitaire Champion, Double Deuce Champion, Queen Jewels Champion, Ray Ray Shuffle Champion, Twins Champion, Blow Up: Arcade Champion, Bunch - Time Trial Champion, Znax Champion, Zoo Keeper Champion, Sobics School Champion, Swap a Smiley Champion, Makos Champion, Dino Drop Champion, Flower Frenzy Champion, Some Puzzle Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, CubeZ Champion, Dinky Smash Champion, Fun Fun Animals Champion, Fruit Fabriek Champion, Raft Wars Champion, Rainbow Monkey RunDown Champion, Raft Wars Champion, Crime Puzzle Champion Blueneck's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    46,075
    Thanks
    22852

    From
    Ohio
    [QUOTE=chaos;5395724]Will Trump use executive orders to break up the monopolies?

    Everyone here has heard of Thomas Frank from his book What's the Matter with Kansas? a vivid portrait of an upside-down world where blue-collar patriots recite the Pledge while they strangle their life chances; where small farmers cast their votes for a Wall Street order that will eventually push them off their land; and where a group of frat boys, lawyers, and CEOs has managed to convince the country that it speaks on behalf of the People
    ~Amazon

    This is the upside-world that many of us have been posting about for the past 20 years. Clinton gave us welfare reform and signed the repeal of the Glass–Steagall Act into law. It took me a few years to accept the fact that democrats do not represent the working and middle class. Thomas Frank is back in the news with his new book Listen Liberal. Frank wants to know why Obama did little to nothing to break up the too big to fail monopolies.[/QUOTE]

    What could he have done?
    Thanks from bajisima

  4. #24
    No mercy for losers Addiction Solitaire Champion, Double Deuce Champion, Queen Jewels Champion, Ray Ray Shuffle Champion, Twins Champion, Blow Up: Arcade Champion, Bunch - Time Trial Champion, Znax Champion, Zoo Keeper Champion, Sobics School Champion, Swap a Smiley Champion, Makos Champion, Dino Drop Champion, Flower Frenzy Champion, Some Puzzle Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, CubeZ Champion, Dinky Smash Champion, Fun Fun Animals Champion, Fruit Fabriek Champion, Raft Wars Champion, Rainbow Monkey RunDown Champion, Raft Wars Champion, Crime Puzzle Champion Blueneck's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    46,075
    Thanks
    22852

    From
    Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by chaos View Post
    4 U.S. navy warships crash this year and the NSM is calling them accidents. Our empire is too greedy and too corrupt for all that to be coincidence. Taxpayers better get ready to fund another war of terror in Asia.
    I think the problem there is auto-navigation systems leading to complacency combined with really heavy ocean traffic in that area.

    Did you see this?

    Russia sends nuclear-capable bombers on mission near South Korea, Japan

    Not sure what's up with that.

    As to terror, I wonder too about these collisions because I remember what happened with the USS Cole. You'd think the Navy would be more concerned about being so vulnerable to other ships.

    I'd like to see Americans worry less about "bad guys" who in reality do very little damage to us in the way of lost lives. The standard seems to be not one single death caused by terrorism and if we have to sacrifice everything to stay "safe" then so be it.

    I can think of better things to do with our money.

  5. #25
    Swamper chaos's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    3,320
    Thanks
    1500

    From
    Cyberia
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueneck View Post
    What could he have done?
    Something like 200 top executives went to prison because of the S&L scam. Obama could have prosecuted the Wall Street crooks who broke the law while stealing trillions of dollars from the economy.

    At the very least Obama could have forced top executives to resign. Instead Obama gave them a job in his administration.
    Thanks from bajisima and highway234

  6. #26
    Swamper chaos's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    3,320
    Thanks
    1500

    From
    Cyberia
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueneck View Post
    I think the problem there is auto-navigation systems leading to complacency combined with really heavy ocean traffic in that area.

    Did you see this?

    Russia sends nuclear-capable bombers on mission near South Korea, Japan

    Not sure what's up with that.

    As to terror, I wonder too about these collisions because I remember what happened with the USS Cole. You'd think the Navy would be more concerned about being so vulnerable to other ships.

    I'd like to see Americans worry less about "bad guys" who in reality do very little damage to us in the way of lost lives. The standard seems to be not one single death caused by terrorism and if we have to sacrifice everything to stay "safe" then so be it.

    I can think of better things to do with our money.
    I see a lot of false flags to prepare the American people for more war. I haven't done any research on this yet but 4 warships is too much of a coincidence to be considered accidents.

  7. #27
    No mercy for losers Addiction Solitaire Champion, Double Deuce Champion, Queen Jewels Champion, Ray Ray Shuffle Champion, Twins Champion, Blow Up: Arcade Champion, Bunch - Time Trial Champion, Znax Champion, Zoo Keeper Champion, Sobics School Champion, Swap a Smiley Champion, Makos Champion, Dino Drop Champion, Flower Frenzy Champion, Some Puzzle Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, CubeZ Champion, Dinky Smash Champion, Fun Fun Animals Champion, Fruit Fabriek Champion, Raft Wars Champion, Rainbow Monkey RunDown Champion, Raft Wars Champion, Crime Puzzle Champion Blueneck's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    46,075
    Thanks
    22852

    From
    Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by chaos View Post
    I see a lot of false flags to prepare the American people for more war. I haven't done any research on this yet but 4 warships is too much of a coincidence to be considered accidents.
    Then why not make it look like the ships are being attacked by terrorists instead of merchant vessels?
    Thanks from chaos

  8. #28
    No mercy for losers Addiction Solitaire Champion, Double Deuce Champion, Queen Jewels Champion, Ray Ray Shuffle Champion, Twins Champion, Blow Up: Arcade Champion, Bunch - Time Trial Champion, Znax Champion, Zoo Keeper Champion, Sobics School Champion, Swap a Smiley Champion, Makos Champion, Dino Drop Champion, Flower Frenzy Champion, Some Puzzle Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, CubeZ Champion, Dinky Smash Champion, Fun Fun Animals Champion, Fruit Fabriek Champion, Raft Wars Champion, Rainbow Monkey RunDown Champion, Raft Wars Champion, Crime Puzzle Champion Blueneck's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    46,075
    Thanks
    22852

    From
    Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by chaos View Post
    Something like 200 top executives went to prison because of the S&L scam. Obama could have prosecuted the Wall Street crooks who broke the law while stealing trillions of dollars from the economy.

    At the very least Obama could have forced top executives to resign. Instead Obama gave them a job in his administration.
    I don't think they broke any laws. I think what they did was perfectly legal and to me, that's the bigger problem. Besides, by the time he got done with health care, he was already being accused of being a card carrying commie who hated capitalism.

    And like insurance companies, our financial institutions control way too much of our Congress. A president, any president, can't fix that alone.
    Thanks from Friday13

  9. #29
    Veteran Member bajisima's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    41,688
    Thanks
    24510

    From
    New Hampshire
    [QUOTE=Blueneck;5439205]
    Quote Originally Posted by chaos View Post
    Will Trump use executive orders to break up the monopolies?

    Everyone here has heard of Thomas Frank from his book What's the Matter with Kansas? a vivid portrait of an upside-down world where blue-collar patriots recite the Pledge while they strangle their life chances; where small farmers cast their votes for a Wall Street order that will eventually push them off their land; and where a group of frat boys, lawyers, and CEOs has managed to convince the country that it speaks on behalf of the People
    ~Amazon

    This is the upside-world that many of us have been posting about for the past 20 years. Clinton gave us welfare reform and signed the repeal of the Glass–Steagall Act into law. It took me a few years to accept the fact that democrats do not represent the working and middle class. Thomas Frank is back in the news with his new book Listen Liberal. Frank wants to know why Obama did little to nothing to break up the too big to fail monopolies.[/QUOTE]

    What could he have done?
    Realistically nothing because both parties rely so heavily on massive donations by individuals and corporations that its almost pointless anymore. Banks wont go down and neither will the bankers, they have become a protected class due to the money in politics. I do think that's why some went for Trump, they figured, hes a billionaire he doesn't need those donations. But in reality he is golf buddies with them so he wont do anything either.

    As for Obama, I do think he could have at least tried something when Iceland was jailing their bankers. It would have looked like a coordinated effort. While I am sure the donors would piss and moan, its likely it would have ginned up excitement with the base and dems would have done better in midterms. It also could have led to more funding by regular people, a la Sanders, during those years. We often hear people say "both parties are the same" and this is why. They feel nothing can be done anymore because money has such a stranglehold.
    Thanks from chaos and Blueneck

  10. #30
    The Covfefe are Coming! BitterPill's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    7,156
    Thanks
    4684

    From
    SoCal
    Quote Originally Posted by chaos View Post
    50 Senators Want to Make It a Crime to Boycott Israel
    The proposed Israel Anti-Boycott Act would make it a felony for Americans to support BDS, with a penalty of up to $1 million and 20 years in prison.

    https://www.counterpunch.org/2017/08...oycott-israel/

    Wow. Is there any doubt that the senate will do anything for their puppetmasters?
    That bill will clearly have trouble.
    Thanks from Friday13

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Terror vs. terror...
    By The Man in forum Current Events
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 9th January 2014, 06:05 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 30th June 2011, 03:51 PM
  3. The "War on Terror" is over
    By Formative Years in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 17th August 2009, 02:03 AM
  4. Terror or Oil?
    By freethinkr in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 1st October 2007, 04:27 PM
  5. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 3rd June 2007, 09:51 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed