Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 101
Thanks Tree57Thanks

Thread: who here is sick of the press in America?

  1. #61
    "Mr. Original". the watchman's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    75,959
    Thanks
    39084

    From
    becoming more and more
    Quote Originally Posted by bmanmcfly View Post
    That's not what is happening though...

    It's like if I made up a lie about you, your argument is that it's on people reading that lie to determine its truthfulness and it's not on you to comment. I hope that's not your intention.
    it has nothing to do with me. The point is government shouldn't be deciding for consumers what they should consider "fake news.
    It's not that complicated.
    Isn't it the same way in Canada?

  2. #62
    Veteran Member TNVolunteer73's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    29,876
    Thanks
    7702

    From
    TN
    Quote Originally Posted by the watchman View Post
    it has nothing to do with me. The point is government shouldn't be deciding for consumers what they should consider "fake news.
    It's not that complicated.
    Isn't it the same way in Canada?
    Actually when the Media Covered for Rapists, they violated their licenses. Remember they are required to be a public Service.

  3. #63
    Shiny Purple Member namvet69's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,488
    Thanks
    3490

    From
    Englewood, Fl
    Quote Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
    Actually when the Media Covered for Rapists, they violated their licenses. Remember they are required to be a public Service.
    Big media isn't licensed per se. Local stations that carry the label of the big media mama are the ones that are licensed.

    So for your hero to pull NBC off the air he would have to de license about 1200 stations and other outlets one at a time and for reasons beyond just making him look bad by replaying what he says and does un-edited. . But, he's not smart enough to know that. Real genius we got in Washington. LOL

  4. #64
    Veteran Member bmanmcfly's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    13,805
    Thanks
    2292

    From
    C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
    Quote Originally Posted by the watchman View Post
    it has nothing to do with me. The point is government shouldn't be deciding for consumers what they should consider "fake news.
    It's not that complicated.
    Isn't it the same way in Canada?
    I wasn't saying anything about you, I was just building a metaphor.

    But, that's not really what's being discussed, there's not really anything trump COULD do, at least not anything I could agree with (ie, if he actually pushes for what is implied, I will argue against it, even though I have no love for nbc). However, he's really just saying that they shouldn't even be considered news...

  5. #65
    Veteran Member bmanmcfly's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    13,805
    Thanks
    2292

    From
    C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
    Quote Originally Posted by namvet69 View Post
    un-edited. .
    This was a joke, right?

  6. #66
    Shiny Purple Member namvet69's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,488
    Thanks
    3490

    From
    Englewood, Fl
    Quote Originally Posted by bmanmcfly View Post
    This was a joke, right?
    No. Nothing needs to be added to what Trump does or says to show him to be the moron that Tillerson was talking about. He appears to be a moron because he IS a moron. The media simply points a camera in his general direction and he does the rest.

  7. #67
    Telecastin' Blues63's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    6,651
    Thanks
    4414

    From
    Brisbane, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by carpe diem View Post
    The press has made their beds and now they get to lie in it. Most of the nations reasonable people see the idiotic press as what they are, mouth pieces for the left and it's agenda's.

    Oh please. Fox?

  8. #68
    Telecastin' Blues63's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    6,651
    Thanks
    4414

    From
    Brisbane, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by namvet69 View Post
    Clear? You missed the point by a country mile but it's about what I would expect.
    Ya get that.

  9. #69
    Veteran Member bmanmcfly's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    13,805
    Thanks
    2292

    From
    C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
    Quote Originally Posted by namvet69 View Post
    No. Nothing needs to be added to what Trump does or says to show him to be the moron that Tillerson was talking about. He appears to be a moron because he IS a moron. The media simply points a camera in his general direction and he does the rest.
    In other words: "the bible is true because it's true". Sounds about right.

  10. #70
    Veteran Member bmanmcfly's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    13,805
    Thanks
    2292

    From
    C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
    Quote Originally Posted by Blues63 View Post
    Ya get that.
    Sad how few people even understand what they are arguing...

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 5th June 2017, 09:52 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12th May 2017, 11:45 AM
  3. Press one for English, press two for Death
    By PACE in forum Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12th March 2016, 02:15 PM
  4. So much for freedom of the press in America
    By The Man in forum Current Events
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 14th August 2014, 08:29 AM
  5. Obama bars press from press award ceremony
    By Defensor in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 24th March 2009, 10:44 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed