Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 102
Thanks Tree63Thanks

Thread: Fox News guest storms off show after host refuses to accept simple tax math

  1. #61
    Veteran Member ptif219's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    61,795
    Thanks
    4041

    Quote Originally Posted by namvet69 View Post
    The democrats lied to Reagan and kept spending. The economy soared after Reagan tax cuts and stopped the Carter recession
    Bullshit![/QUOTE]

    Then you do not know history.

    4 Liberal Myths About Ronald Reagan Debunked

  2. #62
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    34,651
    Thanks
    17279

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    It has already started with 2 quarters above 3% GDP. The US has the highest corporate tax in the world. Lowering that will help the economy
    You do get that Trump has done, literally, nothing to affect the economy other than be in office, right? Economists will tell you that for, at least, the first year-and-a-half of a new presidency, that president is not responsible for any negative shit that is happening with the economy, nor does he get the credit for any of the positive things that are happening. They are the left over effects of the previous President, while the new president sets about enacting his economic agenda.

    As you just pointed out, the economy is growing independent of the proposed tax plan, and with the highest top tax rate in the world. You have yet to provide any evidence of your hope that lowering it will have the desired effect of continuing the growth. You just keep insisting that it will. You saying it over, and over does not constitute evidence.
    Thanks from namvet69

  3. #63
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    34,651
    Thanks
    17279

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Obama was busy paying back his money men. Obama kept us in a stagnant economy
    That is demonstrably not true:



    Stagnant would have meant there was no improvement.

  4. #64
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    29,991
    Thanks
    23694

    From
    On a hill
    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    [/IMG]

    GDP growth by president



    Looks like Reagans tax cut resulted in debt growth, not the promised gdp growth.
    So JFK had his tax cuts and looked what happened[/QUOTE]

    As you so astutely point out, Kennedy's tax cut was a success, so let's go back to those rates.

    Conservatives love to quote a speech Kennedy gave at the Economic Club of New York in December 1962. Here's one quote—I've italicized the crucial part often left out: "Our present tax system, developed as it was, in good part, during World War II to restrain growth, exerts too heavy a drag on growth in peace time; that it siphons out of the private economy too large a share of personal and business purchasing power; that it reduces the financial incentives for personal effort, investment, and risk-taking." JFK was not expounding an implacable economic philosophy; he was speaking about a very specific circumstance. The top marginal tax rate was 91 percent, which JFK wanted reduced to a "more sensible" 65 percent.

    https://www.usnews.com/opinion/artic...ide-tax-cutter

  5. #65
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    29,991
    Thanks
    23694

    From
    On a hill
    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Obama was busy paying back his money men. Obama kept us in a stagnant economy
    You say some pretty goofy things, but that has got to take the cake.

  6. #66
    Moderator Nicnam's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    10,756
    Thanks
    3264

    From
    :> )
    WARNING

    Threads Merged


  7. #67
    Shiny Purple Member namvet69's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,490
    Thanks
    3492

    From
    Englewood, Fl
    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    It has already started with 2 quarters above 3% GDP. The US has the highest corporate tax in the world. Lowering that will help the economy
    Another lie. The US corporate tax rate appears high on paper but in reality (you know, the place where we democrats live) the rate works out to below 20% and many corps pay nothing at all.

    So, we are already competitive with the rest of the world. It should be evident even to a trump voter that we've had record Corporate profits and a stock market that has risen for many years.

    These Tax cuts to the rich are not only unneeded but are going to be harmful in the long run, say 3 years out, especially to us middle income folks. But that's nothing new because that is right out of the GOP playbook.

    Give breaks to the super wealthy, call it a middle class bill and then make those middle class pay the tab.

    And, If I could I'd bet anything that the GOP will come after SS V.A. and Medicare/Medicaid once this bill passes, heaven forbid. Don't believe me? Watch.

  8. #68
    Shiny Purple Member namvet69's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,490
    Thanks
    3492

    From
    Englewood, Fl
    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    What these two graphs clearly show is that the economy always does better under Democratic administrations. In fact both peace and prosperity are better served under Democrats. No matter how you try to spin it, truth reveals those facts very clearly. Indisputable.
    The democrats lied to Reagan and kept spending. The economy soared after Reagan tax cuts and stopped the Carter recession[/QUOTE]

    Can't you read a chart? GDP went up a staggering one tenth of one percent LOL and tanked with Bush the father who called it voodoo econ. He was right.

    Then Clinton raised taxes and the economy soared after which Bush the Moron son gave big tax cuts favoring corporations and the wealthy and it tanked again.

    And we all know what Obama was faced with with two wars on the card and no revenue because of the Bush cuts. Then we start to climb out of that mess in spite of all that and he gives us healthcare. The GOP trashes the idea in ads all over the media and public opinion buys the lies and puts the crooks in charge of congress. And then of course the economy stagnates because of low revenue again because of tax cuts. That's what the chart says and that's what history says. It reflects truth. But you don't like truth do you?

  9. #69
    Veteran Member ptif219's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    61,795
    Thanks
    4041

    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    You do get that Trump has done, literally, nothing to affect the economy other than be in office, right? Economists will tell you that for, at least, the first year-and-a-half of a new presidency, that president is not responsible for any negative shit that is happening with the economy, nor does he get the credit for any of the positive things that are happening. They are the left over effects of the previous President, while the new president sets about enacting his economic agenda.

    As you just pointed out, the economy is growing independent of the proposed tax plan, and with the highest top tax rate in the world. You have yet to provide any evidence of your hope that lowering it will have the desired effect of continuing the growth. You just keep insisting that it will. You saying it over, and over does not constitute evidence.
    Yet he has done more in less than a year than Obama did in 8

  10. #70
    Veteran Member ptif219's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    61,795
    Thanks
    4041

    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    That is demonstrably not true:



    Stagnant would have meant there was no improvement.
    Obama had no year with 3% GDP only Hoover did that during th great depression. Obama was incompetent or did that on purpose to hurt this country he hates

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 51
    Last Post: 19th July 2017, 05:42 AM
  2. CNN Guest Uses N-Word on Air - Host is Upset
    By Crusher in forum Current Events
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 25th November 2016, 11:23 AM
  3. Insensitive, Sexist Pig Talk Show Host
    By Babba in forum Current Events
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 4th April 2014, 12:55 PM
  4. Sarah Palin To Co-Host NBC's Today Show
    By boontito in forum Journalism
    Replies: 142
    Last Post: 24th April 2012, 08:28 PM
  5. Mitt Romney, Game Show Host
    By joewebb in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 17th January 2008, 09:31 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed