Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 90
Thanks Tree77Thanks

Thread: msnbc having a difficult day after firing of lauer.

  1. #31
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    14,995
    Thanks
    4007

    From
    AK
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnne View Post
    And a 71 year old grifter that had 16 women come out and accuse him is not much of a man,either!
    Are you trying to bring Donald Trump into this thread?

  2. #32
    Moderator HCProf's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    20,226
    Thanks
    10698

    From
    USA
    Quote Originally Posted by HayJenn View Post
    No, this is bad for Lauer, very bad.

    As the co-host of NBCs Today, Matt Lauer once gave a colleague a sex toy as a present. It included an explicit note about how he wanted to use it on her, which left her mortified.

    On another day, he summoned a different female employee to his office, and then dropped his pants, showing her his penis. After the employee declined to do anything, visibly shaken, he reprimanded her for not engaging in a sexual act.

    He would sometimes quiz female producers about who theyd slept with, offering to trade names. And he loved to engage in a crass quiz game with men and women in the office: f, marry, or kill, in which he would identify the female co-hosts that hed most like to sleep with.

    Matt Lauer Accused of Sexual Harassment by Multiple Women (EXCLUSIVE) ? Variety

    NBC did the right thing by firing him immediately.

    Still unknown is if the higher up's at NBC knew about his behavior.

    The Variety story only mention's "friends or colleagues" - which leads me to believe that means other women.
    OMG...another freak showing his junk to women who would prefer not to see it. What goes through their minds?

  3. #33
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    19,013
    Thanks
    2980

    From
    C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
    Quote Originally Posted by the watchman View Post
    why are you always quoting people only to go off on some ridiculously unrelated tangent?
    Why are you never able to think through the standards you set to see how absurd they are in the real world?

  4. #34
    "Mr. Original". the watchman's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    79,727
    Thanks
    42252

    From
    becoming more and more
    Quote Originally Posted by bmanmcfly View Post
    Why are you never able to think through the standards you set to see how absurd they are in the real world?
    because they're standards that you made up.
    Thanks from Panzareta

  5. #35
    Cat-tastic Babba's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    67,137
    Thanks
    48207

    From
    So. Md.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmanmcfly View Post
    After a paper thin separation from admitting they knew this was going on...

    Remember, If you aren't treated the person as guilty for the mere sniff of an accusation that makes you a supporter of that kind of crime.

    You guys set the standard.



    Not based on their response... but it doesn't matter because they are leftist sexual predators, right?
    It does matter and I'm glad Lauer was fired and I think Conyers should resign. WTF is wrong with you?
    Thanks from HayJenn

  6. #36
    Cat-tastic Babba's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    67,137
    Thanks
    48207

    From
    So. Md.
    Quote Originally Posted by the watchman View Post
    my, lord. This is the kind of BS women have to put up with?
    Yes. I started a thread in which most women on this board said they experienced similar behavior. Which is why I'm fine with any man of any political persuasion being fired for such behavior. And I'm bothered (to say the least) that the current occupant of the WH seems to have quite a history with similar kinds of behavior. I mean, he was directly involved with an incident in which a member of the news media was fired for merely laughing about descriptions such behavior that the president engaged in. But some Americans elected him president despite these facts. I'm living in the weirdest time in the history of this country.
    Thanks from the watchman, Panzareta and Friday13

  7. #37
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    14,995
    Thanks
    4007

    From
    AK
    Quote Originally Posted by Babba View Post
    Yes. I started a thread in which most women on this board said they experienced similar behavior. Which is why I'm fine with any man of any political persuasion being fired for such behavior. And I'm bothered (to say the least) that the current occupant of the WH seems to have quite a history with similar kinds of behavior. I mean, he was directly involved with an incident in which a member of the news media was fired for merely laughing about descriptions such behavior that the president engaged in. But some Americans elected him president despite these facts. I'm living in the weirdest time in the history of this country.
    The fact that Donald Trump keeps getting dragged into every discussion of sexual indecency and misconduct that comes up means each of these threads apparently needs to ultimately be about Donald Trump, like practically every other thread ends up being about Donald Trump.

    If you want to express continued disbelief that people voted for Donald Trump, maybe you should begin to consider the possibility that a huge number of people primarily did not want Hillary Clinton to be president, and probably would have voted for literally anyone else, indiscriminately. You can assume they are flat stupid for thinking that way, and I'm sure a lot of them are rather stupid, but additionally, maybe it was also the case that Clinton really, really wasn't the right candidate to put forward, despite the DNC absolutely insisting she was and practically force feeding her to the nation for the last 6 years as if it were pre-ordained by God.

    You're obviously still trying to process it and make sense of it, so consider the possibility that the DNC's actions and arrogance had something to do with it.

  8. #38
    Moderator HayJenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    50,298
    Thanks
    38726

    From
    CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Neomalthusian View Post
    The fact that Donald Trump keeps getting dragged into every discussion of sexual indecency and misconduct that comes up means each of these threads apparently needs to ultimately be about Donald Trump, like practically every other thread ends up being about Donald Trump.

    If you want to express continued disbelief that people voted for Donald Trump, maybe you should begin to consider the possibility that a huge number of people primarily did not want Hillary Clinton to be president, and probably would have voted for literally anyone else, indiscriminately. You can assume they are flat stupid for thinking that way, and I'm sure a lot of them are rather stupid, but additionally, maybe it was also the case that Clinton really, really wasn't the right candidate to put forward, despite the DNC absolutely insisting she was and practically force feeding her to the nation for the last 6 years as if it were pre-ordained by God.

    You're obviously still trying to process it and make sense of it, so consider the possibility that the DNC's actions and arrogance had something to do with it.
    Nope don't think that is the point at all.

    The point is that all these other men are being fired while Trump, who admitted to being a sexual assaulter, still has his job.

    That is messed up. It just goes to show you what a complete mess we are in right now and how much we have lowered our standards for the highest office in this country.
    Thanks from the watchman, jacobfitcher and Babba

  9. #39
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    19,013
    Thanks
    2980

    From
    C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
    Quote Originally Posted by the watchman View Post
    because they're standards that you made up.
    No, they are standards set by your brainwashed peers, and while you did not make the claims you were supportive of that new standard.


    Quote Originally Posted by Babba View Post
    It does matter and I'm glad Lauer was fired and I think Conyers should resign. WTF is wrong with you?
    Yay for guilty and no chance to prove innocence.

  10. #40
    Dick with my Buzz...Try DebateDrone's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    34,848
    Thanks
    29592

    From
    SWUSA
    Quote Originally Posted by pragmatic View Post
    Have not read details on the Lauer accusations/story yet.

    But agree. It does seem a little early for the likes of Kathy Lee Gifford and others to already be in "we forgive you, Matt" mode...
    Kathy Lee just doesn't like the PC way people are going after the accused. She was making glib statements the other day on the climate of fear of even saying the "wrong" thing these days.

    Unlike Ailes, Matt [thought he] knew who to target.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 23rd February 2017, 10:42 AM
  2. MSNBC Host Backpedals After Discovering Black Trump Supporter
    By meridian5455 in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 1st March 2016, 05:50 AM
  3. Racist MSNBC host forced to apologize to Mitt Romney
    By meridian5455 in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 111
    Last Post: 3rd January 2014, 04:48 PM
  4. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 30th May 2012, 11:15 PM
  5. Bill Moyers talks with MSNBC host Keith Olbermann.
    By michaelr in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 23rd December 2007, 09:39 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed