Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 123
Thanks Tree78Thanks

Thread: Fighting Fake News Is Not the Solution

  1. #21
    Cat-tastic Babba's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    67,137
    Thanks
    48207

    From
    So. Md.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmanmcfly View Post
    Do you lack the brain power to explain why?



    I'm able to acknowledge the possibility of being wrong, you apparently cannot. Which sounds more cult like?
    I have explained it. You're convinced that the whole world is wrong and only Trump supporters know the truth. Only Trump supporters know all the real news.
    Thanks from Ian Jeffrey

  2. #22
    Nuisance Factor Yeti 8 Jungle Swing Champion, YetiSports 4 - Albatross Overload Champion, YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion boontito's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    92,708
    Thanks
    69855

    From
    <-- "Meme Boy"
    Quote Originally Posted by bmanmcfly View Post
    I'm able to acknowledge the possibility of being wrong, you apparently cannot. Which sounds more cult like?
    I'm able to easily acknowledge when I'm wrong. It probably doesn't seem that way to you though because whenever we interact, it doesn't happen. I don't get the chance to be wrong because you're wrong from the start.

  3. #23
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    19,013
    Thanks
    2980

    From
    C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
    Not what I said, I expressed the possibility that it was the case, and it must be accepted as equally as all before you start trying to figure out which parts are objectively true between positions.
    Thanks from John T Ford

  4. #24
    Nuisance Factor Yeti 8 Jungle Swing Champion, YetiSports 4 - Albatross Overload Champion, YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion boontito's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    92,708
    Thanks
    69855

    From
    <-- "Meme Boy"
    Quote Originally Posted by bmanmcfly View Post
    Not what I said, I expressed the possibility that it was the case, and it must be accepted as equally as all before you start trying to figure out which parts are objectively true between positions.
    Do you speak English?

  5. #25
    Cat-tastic Babba's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    67,137
    Thanks
    48207

    From
    So. Md.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmanmcfly View Post
    Not what I said, I expressed the possibility that it was the case, and it must be accepted as equally as all before you start trying to figure out which parts are objectively true between positions.
    No, the spin of Trump and his people does NOT have to be accepted as equally as everything else.
    Thanks from TennesseeRain and Ian Jeffrey

  6. #26
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    19,013
    Thanks
    2980

    From
    C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
    Quote Originally Posted by boontito View Post
    Do you speak English?
    Do You? Because this playing dumb is not helping you look like you know what you are talking about.

  7. #27
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    19,013
    Thanks
    2980

    From
    C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
    Quote Originally Posted by Babba View Post
    No, the spin of Trump and his people does NOT have to be accepted as equally as everything else.
    If you are TRYING to determine objective reality... then you have to accept that you can be wrong too.

    Whatever... it's fallacious reasoning. Trying to justify it doesn't help.

  8. #28
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    54,260
    Thanks
    2920

    From
    Washington state
    You say Democrats are angry because Trumps tax bill hurts the middle class and favors the rich. I am middle class and My taxes are going to be greatly reduced. The Rich are not going to get big tax deductions for their property taxes, so they will be paying more taxes. Liberals got what they wanted didnít they?

  9. #29
    Cat-tastic Babba's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    67,137
    Thanks
    48207

    From
    So. Md.
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    You say Democrats are angry because Trumps tax bill hurts the middle class and favors the rich. I am middle class and My taxes are going to be greatly reduced. The Rich are not going to get big tax deductions for their property taxes, so they will be paying more taxes. Liberals got what they wanted didn’t they?
    It's not just Democrats. MOST people realize it will hurt them.

    “The beating heart of our plan is a tax cut for working families,” Trump said this week. “That’s what it is. We’re going to make sure that you keep more of your hard-earned money. We’re going to make sure, also, that you have a job that you want.”

    This is not true. Indeed, families in the middle of the income distribution would on average see no benefit from the plan as of 2027, whereas families at the top would be paying far less in taxes and many families at the bottom would actually be paying more. One reason is that the legislation changes the way that the tax brackets get adjusted year after year to account for the effect of inflation. More families would get pushed into higher tax brackets sooner under the Republican plan, so they would end up paying more in taxes, even though the marginal rates would be lower. In addition, Republicans have gone after a number of provisions in the current code—the state and local tax deduction and the medical expense deduction, for instance—that help many middle-class and upper-middle-class families.

    Republicans have countered some of these claims by saying that it is impossible to cut income tax rates without primarily benefiting the rich: The rich make more money, so inevitably they get big reductions when you cut taxes, the theory goes. But this argument is silly. It is mathematically simple to design tax cuts whose benefits go exclusively to lower-income and middle-income families. It just requires making the code more progressive—something that Republicans do not want and have chosen not to do.
    https://www.theatlantic.com/business...x-bill/547322/
    Thanks from Ian Jeffrey

  10. #30
    Cat-tastic Babba's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    67,137
    Thanks
    48207

    From
    So. Md.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmanmcfly View Post
    If you are TRYING to determine objective reality... then you have to accept that you can be wrong too.

    Whatever... it's fallacious reasoning. Trying to justify it doesn't help.
    I know I'm not wrong when I say 2 + 2 = 4. I know I'm not wrong when I say the speed of light is 186,000 feet per second. I know I'm not wrong when I say the earth revolves around the sun. That's what is meant by objective reality. You want to insist that EVERYTHING is subjective and it simply isn't true.
    Thanks from Ian Jeffrey

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23rd December 2017, 03:05 PM
  2. Fake News Network (CNN) caught Staging Fake Protest.
    By TNVolunteer73 in forum Current Events
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 8th June 2017, 03:28 PM
  3. Fake News Network Finally Retracts Fake Story
    By NightSwimmer in forum Current Events
    Replies: 108
    Last Post: 24th May 2017, 07:06 AM
  4. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 7th December 2016, 06:40 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 9th May 2016, 01:22 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed