Members banned from this thread: carpe diem


Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 81
Thanks Tree114Thanks

Thread: Facebook Going Down?

  1. #11
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    48,717
    Thanks
    34568

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Macduff View Post
    A lot of the things I see ads for on Facebook, I already purchased. "No Facebook, I don't want to buy another of the thing I just bought. I just don't need two of the leg lamp from A Christmas Story."
    I check something out online. The product appears every where I post, including here.
    Thanks from BigBob, Friday13 and EnigmaO01

  2. #12
    Member LT Greenbean's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,822
    Thanks
    510

    From
    south area
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnne View Post
    It would not do any good to delete now. The info is already saved.
    It does more good than adding to that information. Every website you go to each day the info is saved via cookies. So if you delete it now, you can surf the internet without that.

  3. #13
    Member LT Greenbean's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,822
    Thanks
    510

    From
    south area
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnne View Post
    I check something out online. The product appears every where I post, including here.
    It's different. Hard to explain, but facebook is WAY more dangerous than here or ESPN that spies on cookies

  4. #14
    Retired Admin Macduff's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    86,603
    Thanks
    23677

    From
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Plus it's creepy that the Facebook app wants access to the microphone on our phones.
    Thanks from MeBelle and EnigmaO01

  5. #15
    Member LT Greenbean's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,822
    Thanks
    510

    From
    south area
    Quote Originally Posted by Macduff View Post
    Plus it's creepy that the Facebook app wants access to the microphone on our phones.
    Exactly. And those programs get hacked and other people access your camera and microphones.

  6. #16
    Bizarroland Observer Thx1138's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    22,696
    Thanks
    13773

    From
    aMEEErica
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnne View Post
    It would not do any good to delete now. The info is already saved.
    That's why I always skew information and put in misinformation whenever possible.

    They don't have a "need to know."

    Thx
    Thanks from StanStill

  7. #17
    Anarquistador StanStill's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    10,361
    Thanks
    10715

    From
    Home
    Quote Originally Posted by Thx1138 View Post
    That's why I always skew information and put in misinformation whenever possible.

    They don't have a "need to know."

    Thx
    Until that day comes when they say "Forgot your password? Just give us the fake birthdate you came up with when you signed up 3 years ago, and we'll send a temporary password to that burner email address you created just to sign up here."

  8. #18
    Anarquistador StanStill's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    10,361
    Thanks
    10715

    From
    Home
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnne View Post
    I check something out online. The product appears every where I post, including here.
    It's incredibly annoying. Like if I looked at watches at the mall, and then for the next 3 weeks, no matter where I was, that same dork salesman would pop out from behind a door or a tree holding the watch I was looking at and say "Still interested in this watch???"

    Except I can't punch the banner ad in the nose.
    Thanks from Friday13 and MeBelle

  9. #19
    Bizarroland Observer Thx1138's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    22,696
    Thanks
    13773

    From
    aMEEErica
    Quote Originally Posted by StanStill View Post
    Until that day comes when they say "Forgot your password? Just give us the fake birthdate you came up with when you signed up 3 years ago, and we'll send a temporary password to that burner email address you created just to sign up here."
    That's why I was always "born on the 4th of July."

    Pick a date you can remember and use that across the board.

    (Heck of a lot better than giving them your real birth date!)

    Thx
    Last edited by Thx1138; 24th January 2018 at 07:33 AM.

  10. #20
    Unarmed Addiction Solitaire Champion, Double Deuce Champion, Queen Jewels Champion, Ray Ray Shuffle Champion, Twins Champion, Blow Up: Arcade Champion, Bunch - Time Trial Champion, Znax Champion, Zoo Keeper Champion, Sobics School Champion, Swap a Smiley Champion, Makos Champion, Dino Drop Champion, Flower Frenzy Champion, Some Puzzle Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, CubeZ Champion, Dinky Smash Champion, Fun Fun Animals Champion, Fruit Fabriek Champion, Raft Wars Champion, Rainbow Monkey RunDown Champion, Raft Wars Champion, Crime Puzzle Champion Blueneck's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    48,589
    Thanks
    26254

    From
    Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Macduff View Post
    A lot of the things I see ads for on Facebook, I already purchased. "No Facebook, I don't want to buy another of the thing I just bought. I just don't need two of the leg lamp from A Christmas Story."
    If you did, would it be the other leg?
    Thanks from Friday13, johnflesh and Ian Jeffrey

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 18th September 2014, 10:40 AM
  2. Facebook IPO
    By Blueneck in forum Economics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 14th June 2011, 08:50 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed