Members banned from this thread: carpe diem


Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 81
Thanks Tree114Thanks

Thread: Facebook Going Down?

  1. #1
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    50,774
    Thanks
    36313

    From
    Englewood,Ohio

    Facebook Going Down?

    Many are deleting Facebook APPS. Is this the beginning of the end of a Media Source?

    https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018...MyMjEzMzA2MgS2
    Thanks from Friday13 and KnotaFrayed

  2. #2
    Veteran Member EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    18,262
    Thanks
    10134

    From
    Indiana
    Why are they deleting APPS?

    I know I got rid of a lot of conservative "friends" when I started posting negative things about Trump. Didn't bother me in the slightest as I don't have much in common with folks that think Trump is a great president. (Higher I.Q. for one thing.)
    Last edited by EnigmaO01; 24th January 2018 at 03:29 AM.
    Thanks from BigBob, Friday13, MaryAnne and 3 others

  3. #3
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    50,774
    Thanks
    36313

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    Why are they deleting APPS?

    I know I got rid of a lot of conservative "friends" when I started posting negative things about Trump. Didn't bother me in the slightest as I don't have much in common with folks that thing Trump is a great president. (Higher I.Q. for one thing.)
    One of the reasons given in the article is they think Facebook is spying on them.

    But I am pretty sure the Russian bots and posts have driven many away.

    Many parents will not allow their kids on Social media. To me,Facebook was a waste of time. Kind of like Political boards, but with people you know.

    Family feuds were aired in certain cases. And Trump backing brought out the worst in people you know.I just was never interested. I prefer boards.

    My best friend from childhood left her life long Church,her kids did, too. You know I left mine because of the same thing.
    Last edited by MaryAnne; 24th January 2018 at 03:37 AM.
    Thanks from PACE and Friday13

  4. #4
    Bizarroland Observer Thx1138's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    22,720
    Thanks
    13785

    From
    aMEEErica
    John Oliver- "It's like when you go on facebook and say: 'Well what a shame... Craig sucks now...' "

    Thx
    Thanks from MaryAnne and Friday13

  5. #5
    Member LT Greenbean's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,822
    Thanks
    510

    From
    south area
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnne View Post
    One of the reasons given in the article is they think Facebook is spying on them.

    But I am pretty sure the Russian bots and posts have driven many away.

    Many parents will not allow their kids on Social media. To me,Facebook was a waste of time. Kind of like Political boards, but with people you know.

    Family feuds were aired in certain cases. And Trump backing brought out the worst in people you know.I just was never interested. I prefer boards.

    My best friend from childhood left her life long Church,her kids did, too. You know I left mine because of the same thing.
    Everyone is deleting facebook for two reasons:

    1. They save all your information
    2. They began working with facial recognition developers years ago. Now, even if you change your name, you'll still notice the 'friends suggestions' with people you grew up with. Your pictures will always be associated with you no matter how you try to use Facebook. Even if you "hide" your pictures.

  6. #6
    Penny for your thots Macduff's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    87,851
    Thanks
    24470

    From
    Pittsburgh, PA
    It is creepy how they track your cookies and you see ads for things you ran web searches on.
    Thanks from Ian Jeffrey

  7. #7
    Member LT Greenbean's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,822
    Thanks
    510

    From
    south area
    Quote Originally Posted by Macduff View Post
    It is creepy how they track your cookies and you see ads for things you ran web searches on.
    Yea-ESPN and others do that too

  8. #8
    Nuisance Factor Yeti 8 Jungle Swing Champion, YetiSports 4 - Albatross Overload Champion, YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion boontito's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    95,741
    Thanks
    73700

    From
    <-- "Meme Boy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Macduff View Post
    It is creepy how they track your cookies and you see ads for things you ran web searches on.
    Or if you list something for sale on ebay. Then you go to Facebook and one of the ads is for the item you're selling.

    No, I don't want to buy that thing I literally already own.

  9. #9
    Penny for your thots Macduff's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    87,851
    Thanks
    24470

    From
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by boontito View Post
    Or if you list something for sale on ebay. Then you go to Facebook and one of the ads is for the item you're selling.

    No, I don't want to buy that thing I literally already own.
    A lot of the things I see ads for on Facebook, I already purchased. "No Facebook, I don't want to buy another of the thing I just bought. I just don't need two of the leg lamp from A Christmas Story."
    Thanks from NeoVsMatrix and Ian Jeffrey

  10. #10
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    50,774
    Thanks
    36313

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by LT Greenbean View Post
    Everyone is deleting facebook for two reasons:

    1. They save all your information
    2. They began working with facial recognition developers years ago. Now, even if you change your name, you'll still notice the 'friends suggestions' with people you grew up with. Your pictures will always be associated with you no matter how you try to use Facebook. Even if you "hide" your pictures.
    It would not do any good to delete now. The info is already saved.
    Thanks from EnigmaO01

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 18th September 2014, 10:40 AM
  2. Facebook IPO
    By Blueneck in forum Economics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 14th June 2011, 08:50 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed