Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 116
Thanks Tree57Thanks

Thread: The Smear

  1. #31
    Veteran Member ptif219's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    67,059
    Thanks
    4355

    Quote Originally Posted by kmiller1610 View Post
    I get that Trump is playing the media at its own game. He is playing the same fake news game they are playing at him. But Trump is not a journalist. And whether its Atkkisson or the two outfits listed in the rolling stone piece (who by the way, did an outrageous fake news piece last year about campus rape), somebody has to do original focused, fact based investigative reporting. The news business has to withdraw from outcome based influencing and positioning and get back to developing sound news stories.

    Perhaps TRS has decided to change its ways?

    Rolling Stone and journalist found guilty over false Virginia rape story - BBC News

    Rolling Stone retracts Virginia campus rape article - BBC News
    The liberal media has moved to control the news and influence what people think since they no longer are the only news outlets. Trump is not doing what the liberal media is doing

  2. #32
    Veteran Member ptif219's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    67,059
    Thanks
    4355

    Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Reality bites. You should have more scars than most.

    It is the liberals like you that know nothing of reality

  3. #33
    Cat-tastic Babba's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    67,913
    Thanks
    49359

    From
    So. Md.
    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    The liberal media has moved to control the news and influence what people think since they no longer are the only news outlets. Trump is not doing what the liberal media is doing
    Oh, Trump tries to control the news and he most certainly tries to influence people. Why would you say he's not?

  4. #34
    Veteran Member ptif219's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    67,059
    Thanks
    4355

    Quote Originally Posted by Babba View Post
    Oh, Trump tries to control the news and he most certainly tries to influence people. Why would you say he's not?
    Because 90% of the news on Trump is negative. The hate against Trump is horrible. Trump only reacts to what the press says

  5. #35
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    30,498
    Thanks
    3879

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Because 90% of the news on Trump is negative. The hate against Trump is horrible. Trump only reacts to what the press says
    This is not true. Trump is a major league provocateur who knows how to reduce events to his own take on things. In fact, Atkkisson mentions this in the first chapter.

    "Crooked Hillary" is one example of Trump playing the same game as the press tries to play with him and on him.

    And while this is mildly entertaining for those of us who are sick of the MSM playing these same games with every Republican politician, it just plain wrong to not recognize that Trump is the master of the smear.

    He called Marco Rubio "Little Marco"

    He accused Ted Cruz of having an affair.

    He mocked Fiorina's looks.

    He mentioned another questioner's menstrual cycle.

    Smearing his opponents is a primary Trump tactic and the fact that this did not knock him out of the nomination process says something about how commonplace this practice has become.

    After all, Hillary described 40% of the electorate as deplorable.
    Last edited by kmiller1610; 14th May 2018 at 01:21 AM.
    Thanks from Chief

  6. #36
    Veteran Member ptif219's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    67,059
    Thanks
    4355

    Quote Originally Posted by kmiller1610 View Post
    This is not true. Trump is a major league provocateur who knows how to reduce events to his own take on things. In fact, Atkkisson mentions this in the first chapter.

    "Crooked Hillary" is one example of Trump playing the same game as the press tries to play with him and on him.

    And while this is mildly entertaining for those of us who are sick of the MSM playing these same games with every Republican politician, it just plain wrong to not recognize that Trump is the master of the smear.

    He called Marco Rubio "Little Marco"

    He accused Ted Cruz of having an affair.

    He mocked Fiorina's looks.

    He mentioned another questioner's menstrual cycle.

    Smearing his opponents is a primary Trump tactic and the fact that this did not knock him out of the nomination process says something about how commonplace this practice has become.

    After all, Hillary described 40% of the electorate as deplorable.
    Only if you believe the democrats lies. Trump always reacts to the media

  7. #37
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    17,142
    Thanks
    7234

    From
    10 years later
    Quote Originally Posted by kmiller1610 View Post
    I get that Trump is playing the media at its own game. He is playing the same fake news game they are playing at him. But Trump is not a journalist. And whether its Atkkisson or the two outfits listed in the rolling stone piece (who by the way, did an outrageous fake news piece last year about campus rape), somebody has to do original focused, fact based investigative reporting. The news business has to withdraw from outcome based influencing and positioning and get back to developing sound news stories.

    Perhaps TRS has decided to change its ways?

    Rolling Stone and journalist found guilty over false Virginia rape story - BBC News

    Rolling Stone retracts Virginia campus rape article - BBC News
    So you give Trump a pass? He is doing exactly what you accuse the media of doing. He does not deserve a pass. He did it to get votes.
    Thanks from Ian Jeffrey

  8. #38
    Cat-tastic Babba's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    67,913
    Thanks
    49359

    From
    So. Md.
    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Because 90% of the news on Trump is negative. The hate against Trump is horrible. Trump only reacts to what the press says
    They report what he says and does. It's not their fault most of what he says and does is horrible.
    Thanks from boontito and Ian Jeffrey

  9. #39
    Veteran Member Pragmatist's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    49,250
    Thanks
    14701

    Quote Originally Posted by kmiller1610 View Post
    This is not about the liberal media. It's about all of the media. Aligned media that preaches to the choir is not what the press is supposed to be doing. We need to be challenged by our media. Not told that our dreams are going to be realized because OUR media has the best propaganda.
    Our media is charged with telling us what is going on. If the president says that cows are learning to fly then the media should be reporting just that.

  10. #40
    Radical Centrist BigLeRoy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    32,874
    Thanks
    28044

    From
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by kmiller1610 View Post
    This is not true. Trump is a major league provocateur who knows how to reduce events to his own take on things. In fact, Atkkisson mentions this in the first chapter.

    "Crooked Hillary" is one example of Trump playing the same game as the press tries to play with him and on him.

    And while this is mildly entertaining for those of us who are sick of the MSM playing these same games with every Republican politician, it just plain wrong to not recognize that Trump is the master of the smear.

    He called Marco Rubio "Little Marco"

    He accused Ted Cruz of having an affair.

    He mocked Fiorina's looks.

    He mentioned another questioner's menstrual cycle.

    Smearing his opponents is a primary Trump tactic and the fact that this did not knock him out of the nomination process says something about how commonplace this practice has become.

    After all, Hillary described 40% of the electorate as deplorable.
    She did?!? I believe she said HALF of Trump's supporters were 'deplorables'. Which would be more like 20% of the electorate.

    And that sounds about right to me.

    Thanks from Babba, RNG and kmiller1610

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Do AL Voters Believe the WaPo Smear on Moore
    By John T Ford in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 227
    Last Post: 16th December 2017, 04:18 AM
  2. Carson smear campaign rages on...
    By carpe diem in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 7th November 2015, 07:55 PM
  3. Smear Attempt
    By vikingbeast in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 16th April 2014, 11:54 AM
  4. Police smear victim in New London CT
    By Sparta in forum Current Events
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 3rd December 2010, 11:16 AM
  5. The GOP/RNC's new smear campaign against the Dems
    By freckles in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 27th August 2007, 04:44 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed