Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 211
Thanks Tree137Thanks

Thread: Update On The Bill Cosby Rape Trial, Opening Monday

  1. #51
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    51,355
    Thanks
    29713

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Isalexi View Post
    When you compare children being led by adults, to adult women who were molested, I lose all respect for you. You continue to make excuses for one man and make all his victims liars. No wonder women don't report sexual abuse and it's because of women like yourself
    Let's unpick this, shall we?

    Are women more or less likely to lie under oath, about anything? Do we even need trials? Why can't we listen to the female accusation and then lynch that SOB?

    Are you familiar with these cases?

    Diane Downs | Murderpedia, the encyclopedia of murderers

    Susan Smith | Murderpedia, the encyclopedia of murderers

    Claudine Longet | Murderpedia, the encyclopedia of murderers

    There is no way of knowing what percent of rape accusations made to the police are false. There IS a way of making inquiry and determining the more or less likely to be true nature of such accusations. Surrounding facts and circumstances, especially after the incident, can be revealing.

    And then there are cases where we are never going to know, but still strong suspect that a defendant committed rape. I can't decide whether William Kennedy Smith was properly acquitted, in my own mind. I have seen the aggressive way that some women hunt wealthy men in Palm Beach, etc. I have also seen the entitled, wealthy men treat a woman with utter disregard for her humanity.

    http://www.vanityfair.com/magazine/1992/03/dunne199203

    But @Isalexi, when there is not proof of a GUILT beyond a reasonable doubt, the law says the jury should acquit. Women in the US are not harmed by crappy cops and DAs, too lazy to prosecute rape. That happens, sure, but the actual victims of rape are most harmed by women who make false accusations.

    Like actual victims of child sex abuse are harmed by mothers who level these charges without any basis, halfway through a divorce, because their hubs started dating and she is vengeful.

    In the feminism I subscribe to, men are valued as highly as women are -- just not MORE highly. The concern should be that Cosby gets a fair trial and his dignity is not unduly trashed. Believing the accusers only because they are woman is a discredit to you, and to women everywhere.

    You need to pause and reflect. A trial like this is not supposed to be the same as mob vigilantism.

    This child died in a savage beating because a woman lied that he had flirted with her.




    When you assert that women "wouldn't lie about such a thing", you are adding to the quantum of injustice in the world. That's not a responsible behavior for a grown woman like yourself.
    Last edited by Madeline; 8th June 2017 at 02:30 AM.
    Thanks from Hollywood

  2. #52
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    51,355
    Thanks
    29713

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Isalexi View Post
    How can you say that? The jury found him not guilty! Aren't you the one that says innocent till proven guilty.well obviously he wasn't proven guilty.
    I followed the trial closely. I think the jury got it wrong.

    Happens. This is not even the case that burns me the most.

  3. #53
    Nuisance Factor Yeti 8 Jungle Swing Champion, YetiSports 4 - Albatross Overload Champion, YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion boontito's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    86,375
    Thanks
    61576

    From
    out of nowhere!
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    I followed the trial closely. I think the jury got it wrong.

    Happens. This is not even the case that burns me the most.
    Millions followed that trial "closely". Many of them disagreed on the outcome.
    Thanks from Madeline

  4. #54
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    51,355
    Thanks
    29713

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by boontito View Post
    Millions followed that trial "closely". Many of them disagreed on the outcome.
    I wish we still had gavel to gavel coverage.

  5. #55
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    20,611
    Thanks
    5589

    From
    midwest
    Jury deadlocked.
    Thanks from bajisima and Madeline

  6. #56
    Moderator HCProf's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    16,741
    Thanks
    9034

    From
    USA
    The problem I see with this case, it is the victims word against Bill Cosby. Where is the evidence, such as a rape kit? The time that lapsed between the assaults and now has been decades...and all of a sudden, there are multiple victims. Take Janice Dickinson for instance, she wrote a book and told a completely different story of what happened years ago, and today her story changed. Then she went on to say, she told him, while discussing a opportunity, she had menstrual cramps...who does that on a job opportunity? I can say what happened is true or not, but it sure seems like there are holes in the stories.

    Janice Dickinson talks about how Bill Cosby 'drugged and raped her' on CNN | Daily Mail Online
    Thanks from Madeline and bajisima

  7. #57
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    51,355
    Thanks
    29713

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by HCProf View Post
    The problem I see with this case, it is the victims word against Bill Cosby. Where is the evidence, such as a rape kit? The time that lapsed between the assaults and now has been decades...and all of a sudden, there are multiple victims. Take Janice Dickinson for instance, she wrote a book and told a completely different story of what happened years ago, and today her story changed. Then she went on to say, she told him, while discussing a opportunity, she had menstrual cramps...who does that on a job opportunity? I can say what happened is true or not, but it sure seems like there are holes in the stories.

    Janice Dickinson talks about how Bill Cosby 'drugged and raped her' on CNN | Daily Mail Online
    My issue is, who is to say Dickinson did not consent to become unconscious and have sex while "under"? So what if she regretted it later. That cannot create criminal liability for Cosby after the fact.

    As to the other 55 accusers.....I bet 50 are just parroting.

    If we can never know what really happened. Cosby should be acquitted.

  8. #58
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    20,611
    Thanks
    5589

    From
    midwest
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    My issue is, who is to say Dickinson did not consent to become unconscious and have sex while "under"? So what if she regretted it later. That cannot create criminal liability for Cosby after the fact.

    As to the other 55 accusers.....I bet 50 are just parroting.

    If we can never know what really happened. Cosby should be acquitted.
    If your count is correct, that would mean there are 5 others who are NOT parroting.

    This many women from all walks of life are not just making all this up.

    He's guilty IMO, but I don't think he'll ever see the inside of a jail.
    Thanks from Isalexi

  9. #59
    the "good" prag pragmatic's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    28,603
    Thanks
    17304

    From
    between Moon and NYC
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller47 View Post
    Jury deadlocked.
    Judge orders them back in to keep deliberating.

    Still active....
    Thanks from Madeline

  10. #60
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    20,611
    Thanks
    5589

    From
    midwest
    Quote Originally Posted by pragmatic View Post
    Judge orders them back in to keep deliberating.

    Still active....
    Looks like a good chance of a mistrial.

    And a possible retrial.

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Judge says Cosby must stand trial
    By Friday13 in forum Current Events
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 7th July 2016, 04:07 PM
  2. Who is more perverted, Bill Cosby or Bill Clinton??
    By Wrangler in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 334
    Last Post: 2nd June 2016, 12:58 PM
  3. cosby to stand trial
    By the watchman in forum Current Events
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 24th May 2016, 11:05 PM
  4. Mass media accused in rape of Bill Cosby
    By timslash in forum Current Events
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 28th November 2014, 06:51 AM
  5. Zimmerman Trial Monday 7/8
    By Sassy in forum Current Events
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 10th July 2013, 01:02 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed