Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28
Thanks Tree18Thanks

Thread: Animal Abuser Registry Goes Live In My County

  1. #11
    ~Standing My Ground~ Sassy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    42,416
    Thanks
    16531

    From
    God Bless Texas
    Wasn't he in that Skull and Bones thing? Bleh.
    Thanks from Madeline and BigLeRoy

  2. #12
    ~Standing My Ground~ Sassy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    42,416
    Thanks
    16531

    From
    God Bless Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinn View Post
    What's the purpose of the list? Why would it be useful if you're not in the business of selling pets? If you learned that a guy who's been living three houses down from you was convicted of animal abuse in 1993, would you treat him differently than you did before you saw the list?
    I'd report him if I saw him with an animal. If I saw him with a new puppy or whatever I'd be like NO. Someone come get that puppy!
    Thanks from Madeline

  3. #13
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    51,355
    Thanks
    29713

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassy View Post
    I'd report him if I saw him with an animal. If I saw him with a new puppy or whatever I'd be like NO. Someone come get that puppy!
    That is a new felony here.

  4. #14
    ~Standing My Ground~ Sassy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    42,416
    Thanks
    16531

    From
    God Bless Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    That is a new felony here.
    Good. I will never get Puppy Doe out of my head ever. If you do not know about Puppy Doe do not find out. Extreme sadism is all you need to know. If you read the details and see the pictures it will never leave your mind. And Puppy Doe was SO SWEET even after that. To her rescuers. Who couldn't rescue her completely because the damage was too severe.

    PS never give an animal away to a stranger. Puppy Doe was given away by mostly good people who just couldn't handle a puppy. There is an asshole of a cat living in my house and will all of his days so he doesn't end up with some fuckwad who wants to abuse him.
    Thanks from Madeline

  5. #15
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    59,453
    Thanks
    10867

    From
    By the wall
    I hate people that abuse animals and I guess this registry isn't going to hurt anything but I also have to question the usefulness of it.

    I don't think many employers or such are going to be checking it before they hire someone.

    I have nothing against the registry itself but I can think of about a million better uses for taxpayer money.
    Thanks from Djinn

  6. #16
    Council Member Djinn's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    42,241
    Thanks
    26924

    From
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    YES. 1992 is remote in time, but say it was 2012.

    I would not hire him, rent to him, allow my kid to play at his house or ever, ever socialise with him.
    When you hire or rent to someone under current laws, you typically have the right to run criminal background checks. That would yield animal abuse charges, wouldn't it?

  7. #17
    Council Member Djinn's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    42,241
    Thanks
    26924

    From
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassy View Post
    I'd report him if I saw him with an animal. If I saw him with a new puppy or whatever I'd be like NO. Someone come get that puppy!
    What if you had run a background check, and discovered that he'd been convicted of abusing a girlfriend many years ago? And then a week later, you see him at a restaurant having dinner with a new girlfriend. Would you be "like NO?"

  8. #18
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    51,355
    Thanks
    29713

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    I hate people that abuse animals and I guess this registry isn't going to hurt anything but I also have to question the usefulness of it.

    I don't think many employers or such are going to be checking it before they hire someone.

    I have nothing against the registry itself but I can think of about a million better uses for taxpayer money.
    Not sure it costs anything yet, except bandwidth.

  9. #19
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    51,355
    Thanks
    29713

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinn View Post
    When you hire or rent to someone under current laws, you typically have the right to run criminal background checks. That would yield animal abuse charges, wouldn't it?
    You can? Every prospective employer and landlord can pull your sheet?

    I don't think so.

  10. #20
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    51,355
    Thanks
    29713

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinn View Post
    What if you had run a background check, and discovered that he'd been convicted of abusing a girlfriend many years ago? And then a week later, you see him at a restaurant having dinner with a new girlfriend. Would you be "like NO?"
    Maybe not -- but I would try to warn her.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Yet Another Offender Registry For Ex-Cons Proposed
    By Madeline in forum Legal Issues
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 22nd March 2017, 09:00 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 5th April 2016, 12:38 PM
  3. Drone Registry
    By The Man in forum Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 1st April 2016, 06:52 PM
  4. The Trump Registry
    By vikingbeast in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 22nd November 2015, 09:33 AM
  5. Can an animal owner legally put down a sufferring animal?
    By kmiller1610 in forum Legal Issues
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 5th November 2014, 09:42 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed