Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28
Thanks Tree18Thanks

Thread: Animal Abuser Registry Goes Live In My County

  1. #1
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    51,355
    Thanks
    29713

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio

    Animal Abuser Registry Goes Live In My County



    Cuyahoga county says its animal abuser registry has gone live. It's an online public service tool that lists individuals convicted of felony animal abuse within the county that includes Cleveland and prohibits them from buying, adopting or harboring a companion animal inside county limits.

    The searchable registry is designed to help organizations and individuals offering pets for adoption find them safe and caring homes. It's on the county sheriff's website. Users could include animal shelters, humane societies, dog kennels, animal rescue agencies and pet stores.

    The effort comes amid growing attention to animal cruelty.

    The FBI singled out animal cruelty offenses in national crime statistics for the first time last year in an effort to begin to quantify the problem. Ohio made bestiality a crime effective in April.
    Cuyahoga County animal abuse registry goes live in Cleveland - Cleveland 19 News Cleveland, OH

    There is only one person now listed on the registry, which obviously limits its value. But it appears not to be searchable as a map, the way a sex offender registry would be. I'm not sure if it is a crime not to register a new address, for an animal abuser. And why is it limited to the county, when it tracks state crimes?

    AA Registry

    It's a good idea that needs more to serve any legitimate function. Nonetheless, a lot of misery could be avoided in this country if we dealt appropriately with serious animal abuse.

    Your thoughts?
    Thanks from The Man and Havelock

  2. #2
    Radical Centrist BigLeRoy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    26,140
    Thanks
    21606

    From
    Colorado
    Two things in this world that I cannot STAND:

    (1) Anyone who abuses children.

    (2) Anyone who abuses animals.
    Thanks from Madeline and The Man

  3. #3
    Council Member Djinn's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    42,240
    Thanks
    26923

    From
    Pennsylvania, USA
    What's the purpose of the list? Why would it be useful if you're not in the business of selling pets? If you learned that a guy who's been living three houses down from you was convicted of animal abuse in 1993, would you treat him differently than you did before you saw the list?
    Thanks from Madeline

  4. #4
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    51,355
    Thanks
    29713

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinn View Post
    What's the purpose of the list? Why would it be useful if you're not in the business of selling pets? If you learned that a guy who's been living three houses down from you was convicted of animal abuse in 1993, would you treat him differently than you did before you saw the list?
    YES. 1992 is remote in time, but say it was 2012.

    I would not hire him, rent to him, allow my kid to play at his house or ever, ever socialise with him.

  5. #5
    Radical Centrist BigLeRoy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    26,140
    Thanks
    21606

    From
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    YES. 1992 is remote in time, but say it was 2012.

    I would not hire him, rent to him, allow my kid to play at his house or ever, ever socialise with him.
    George W. Bush tortured animals when he was a boy.

    That should have been our first warning.
    Thanks from Madeline

  6. #6
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    51,355
    Thanks
    29713

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLeRoy View Post
    George W. Bush tortured animals when he was a boy.

    That should have been our first warning.
    S'rly?

    Link?

    I have a hard time believing Barbara would have allowed that.

  7. #7
    Radical Centrist BigLeRoy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    26,140
    Thanks
    21606

    From
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    S'rly?

    Link?

    I have a hard time believing Barbara would have allowed that.
    I'll find a link if I have to, but a lot of people would excuse it because it was 'just' frogs. According to some of George's boyhood friends, from when he was around ten or eleven, he liked to capture frogs, stuff firecrackers up their arse, light the fuse, and then toss them in the air. Reportedly, he would giggle when the frog guts were flying through the air.

    This info first came to light in around September of 2000, but didn't seem to affect the election much. Maybe it should have, though.

    Surely you DO know that young George was investigated for torturing frat pledges when he was at Yale, right? He was branding them with a white-hot coat hanger.

    Such FUN!!
    Thanks from Madeline

  8. #8
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    51,355
    Thanks
    29713

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLeRoy View Post
    I'll find a link if I have to, but a lot of people would excuse it because it was 'just' frogs. According to some of George's boyhood friends, from when he was around ten or eleven, he liked to capture frogs, stuff firecrackers up their arse, light the fuse, and then toss them in the air. Reportedly, he would giggle when the frog guts were flying through the air.

    This info first came to light in around September of 2000, but didn't seem to affect the election much. Maybe it should have, though.

    Surely you DO know that young George was investigated for torturing frat pledges when he was at Yale, right? He was branding them with a white-hot coat hanger.

    Such FUN!!
    Jesus.

    No, I never knew any of this.

  9. #9
    Radical Centrist BigLeRoy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    26,140
    Thanks
    21606

    From
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    Jesus.

    No, I never knew any of this.
    Let's see if this link works. An article titled "This Is Not Bush's First Torture Scandal":

    This Is Not Bush?s First Torture Scandal ? Branding of Frat Pledges at Yale Caused Second-Degree Burns, Permanent Scars | Pensito Review
    Thanks from Madeline

  10. #10
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    51,355
    Thanks
    29713

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLeRoy View Post
    Let's see if this link works. An article titled "This Is Not Bush's First Torture Scandal":

    This Is Not Bush?s First Torture Scandal ? Branding of Frat Pledges at Yale Caused Second-Degree Burns, Permanent Scars | Pensito Review
    Ugh. We should have elected Jeb.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Yet Another Offender Registry For Ex-Cons Proposed
    By Madeline in forum Legal Issues
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 22nd March 2017, 09:00 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 5th April 2016, 12:38 PM
  3. Drone Registry
    By The Man in forum Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 1st April 2016, 06:52 PM
  4. The Trump Registry
    By vikingbeast in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 22nd November 2015, 09:33 AM
  5. Can an animal owner legally put down a sufferring animal?
    By kmiller1610 in forum Legal Issues
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 5th November 2014, 09:42 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed