Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 169
Thanks Tree113Thanks

Thread: Cosby Is Innocent

  1. #21
    Spock of Vulcan Ian Jeffrey's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    50,490
    Thanks
    23892

    From
    Vulcan
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzling Evidence View Post
    Compelling testimony and other collaborating witnesses would count as evidence.
    I believe you mean "corroborrating." "Collaborating witnesses" would be a bad thing.

    However, there were no corroborrating witnesses, because no one else was in the room.
    Thanks from BigLeRoy and Leo2

  2. #22
    Spock of Vulcan Ian Jeffrey's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    50,490
    Thanks
    23892

    From
    Vulcan
    Quote Originally Posted by Isalexi View Post
    Come on, aren't you aware that these fifty women all met at a secret cabal and made up the same scheme?
    The relevant issue is whether he is guilty in this case, not any other. This case is the only one of which he can be convicted.

    Quote Originally Posted by Isalexi View Post
    That's the trouble, women are not believed.
    Some are, and some are not, depending on individual circumstances. It is why some are convicted and some are not. You are, however, advocating that the woman's statement be taken at face value irrespective of other evidence, or even her other statements. Consider the difficulty in releasing those wrongfully convicted even after a recantation years later.
    Thanks from NightSwimmer

  3. #23
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    59,342
    Thanks
    10856

    From
    By the wall
    There is a reason they kept asking for the definition of reasonable doubt.

    They may have all thought he was guilty but they were following the law and should be commended for that.

    It restores faith in our judicial system.
    Thanks from bmanmcfly

  4. #24
    Member
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3,500
    Thanks
    989

    From
    TN
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jeffrey View Post
    It is a question of legal relevance. The mere fact that so many say the same thing has a probative value that is outweighed by its prejudicial effect. You are saying that, because so many say the same thing, he must be guilty this time because the story is the same. That is logically erroneous. While prior acts can be used to show pattern - which is why another witness was permitted to testify - excessive weight can be given such that jurors will want to find guilty of some or all of the prior bad acts even if they cannot determine guilt in the particular case at hand. And the particular case being tried is the only one on which the jury is permitted to find guilt.
    Its a PA venue but check out FRE 404b where prior bad acts can be used tonestablish motive, plan, opportunity. If 50 women testify they were drugged, and it were permitted, that would bolster the weight of the victim's assertion that she was drugged. The probative/prejudicial issue is intereeting, but there's no question the prior bad acts are 'evidence' in the broadest sense.

    PA rule of evidence of course may be completely different.

    As an aside the drugging itself is illegal absent a sexual assault.
    Last edited by publius3; 18th June 2017 at 07:45 AM.
    Thanks from Ian Jeffrey and Friday13

  5. #25
    Inside Your Heads syrenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    13,533
    Thanks
    6668

    From
    the sadness of my soul
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    I am appalled at the irresponsible and just plain stupid reaction of some people in this country to the Cosby mistrial, and I think the jury got it wrong. They should have acquitted him.

    This woman's stupidity caught my eye:

    Kristen Houser, the chief public affairs officer at the National Sexual Violence Resource Center, issued a statement that emphasized the difficulty of prosecuting sexual assault cases. Ms. Houser’s statement also noted the difficulties that victims face in court.



    And who is operating the twitter account of the Women's March? They very stupidly wrote:



    What NONE of these people -- and millions like them -- admit is that there is no evidence Cosby ever sexually assaulted anyone. There's barely any evidence he had sex with any of the accusers, and in this country, an unproven accusation is not supposed to inspire the tar and feathers routine.

    I think he had sex with a few of these women, after they had WILLINGLY taken quaaludes or a similar drug. They were inspired by a comedy routine that went viral to recast this as a rape, and dozens more women dogpiled him.

    And the media ate it up, because the sight of a VERY popular black celebrity brought low was delicious, considering that he had positioned himself on the side of self-respect and self-determination for black Americans.

    That message might not have been well-received by all of black America, or perhaps it was not well-intended when Cosby said it. Either way, there was no justification for the cyber-lynching Cosby received and continues to receive.

    NOTHING matters in this country more than our criminal justice system. If it is not fair, we are bad citizens for not demanding it be fixed. I see NO DIFFERENCE between baying for Cosby's head on a platter and some fucking racists demanding that a black man be executed, even though serious doubts as to his actual guilt exists.

    If you add your voice to those demanding Cosby be tried, you are conspiring with racists.



    The real harm here is the suggestion that women are so weak-minded that their accusations must be taken at face value, because they cannot withstand the strain of a full and impartial investigation. WTF sort of "feminism" does not give a fuck whether INNOCENT men are brought to trial on charges laid by women who LIED?

    This entire incident makes me weep for the ease with which most Americans will embrace The Stupid.

    just wondering.... how would you feel about this if it was your daughter he did this to? Your daughter tell you he drugged and raped 30 years ago but she was to scared to tell... after all it was bill cosby.

    because you are both white shes a liar? becasue you are both white makes him innocent?
    Last edited by syrenn; 18th June 2017 at 08:07 AM.

  6. #26
    Veteran Member carpe diem's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    27,017
    Thanks
    2503

    From
    San Diego, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Friday13 View Post
    I disagree. I also think that many of the witnesses who were not allowed to testify should have been allowed. There are just too many, spread too far apart, all telling the same story, over too many years. Apparently, at least some of the jury agrees with me.

    Why couldn't the Cosby jury reach a verdict? Legal experts assess.
    Let's take a look at this...we have ourselves a celebrity and we have some women that thought it would be awesome to have sex with said celebrity...groupies come to mind.

    Why on earth would the celebrity Bill Cosby have any need to rape, cajole, trick or drug a woman to get her to have sex with him? They would have been lined up and eager...then we look down the road of age and we see these same eager and willing participants that were eager and willing to "get some" from a celebrity now are eager and willing to get some $$$ from that celebrity.

    OHHH the shock!
    Last edited by carpe diem; 18th June 2017 at 08:15 AM.

  7. #27
    Inside Your Heads syrenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    13,533
    Thanks
    6668

    From
    the sadness of my soul
    Quote Originally Posted by carpe diem View Post
    Let's take a look at this...we have ourselves a celebrity and we have some women that thought it would be awesome to have sex with said celebrity...groupies come to mind.

    Why on earth would the celebrity Bill Cosby have any need to rape, cajole, trick or drug a woman to get her to have sex with him? They would have been lined up and eager...then we look down the road of age and we see these same eager and willing participants years ago, the same ones eager and willing to "get some" from a celebrity now are eager to get some $$$ from that celebrity.

    OHHH the shock!
    it would appear he has a fetish for passed out drugged women.


    best thing to ever educated you sons about is to NEVER have sex with a drunk or drugged woman.

  8. #28
    The Un-Holy One The Man's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    33,804
    Thanks
    19356

    From
    Toronto
    He gave date rape drugs to those women. Give me a break. No woman would take something like that willingly. Anyway, if it was just one or two accusing him, maybe I could doubt, maybe they were just out to get money out of him or something, he being rich and famous and all. But, how many of them there are now? Too many.

    There is no smoke, without fire, Madeline, sorry.

  9. #29
    Mad Genius For Hire Puzzling Evidence's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    16,339
    Thanks
    6724

    From
    Derpville USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jeffrey View Post
    I believe you mean "corroborrating." "Collaborating witnesses" would be a bad thing.

    However, there were no corroborrating witnesses, because no one else was in the room.
    Meh.....damned autocorrect....
    Thanks from Ian Jeffrey

  10. #30
    Mad Genius For Hire Puzzling Evidence's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    16,339
    Thanks
    6724

    From
    Derpville USA
    Quote Originally Posted by syrenn View Post
    it would appear he has a fetish for passed out drugged women.


    best thing to ever educated you sons about is to NEVER have sex with a drunk or drugged woman.
    Correct, we call that "rape."

    EDIT: not "corrected" as my new browser with a mind of its own wanted me to type -- I was in agreement, sorry.
    Last edited by Puzzling Evidence; 18th June 2017 at 11:49 AM.
    Thanks from jacobfitcher

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Trump vs. Cosby
    By Howey in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 13th October 2016, 04:09 PM
  2. Cosby
    By Friday13 in forum Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 31st December 2015, 01:40 AM
  3. Please no! Bill Cosby
    By Isalexi in forum Current Events
    Replies: 191
    Last Post: 3rd January 2015, 02:33 PM
  4. OJ Innocent?
    By USA-1 in forum Political Controversies
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 4th December 2012, 08:06 PM
  5. They're innocent!!!
    By youmny in forum Current Events
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 1st August 2006, 05:21 PM

Search tags for this page

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed