Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 169
Thanks Tree113Thanks

Thread: Cosby Is Innocent

  1. #41
    Spock of Vulcan Ian Jeffrey's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    50,490
    Thanks
    23892

    From
    Vulcan
    Quote Originally Posted by Friday13 View Post
    Thanx, Ian Jeffrey...I understand that, but only one is, I think, too few...maybe one or two more, from different decades and areas? He is claiming 'consensual'...and the woman in question is Lesbian...I have very serious doubts that she consented to sex, and that she consented to being drugged.
    Might still be overdoing it. Remember, the question is whether he did anything wrong this time. It is why PA Rule of Evidence 404(b) specifies that prior bad acts, even to show pattern, can only be shown if the probative value outweighs the prejudicial effect (which is just an invocation of Pa.R.E. 403). In other words, if introduction of the prior bad act will make it more likely he will be convicted on the basis of that act rather than the one for which he is on trial, then the probative value is outweighed by the prejudicial effect and should be excluded.
    Thanks from Friday13 and boontito

  2. #42
    Veteran Member Pragmatist's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    46,019
    Thanks
    13364

    Quote Originally Posted by bmanmcfly View Post
    If it happened to my daughter, I'd be hard pressed to do nothing until a trial. I would hope that my relationship with my children would be as such that they wouldn't be ashamed to let me know their problems, even serious ones like this.

    Unfortunately, 30 years later there's no evidence that would survive... Not enough for a conviction, just enough to smear his name in media.

    Race doesn't enter the equation, it doesn't mean Cosby is innocent, just that he can't be proven guilty.
    Just when you had a logical response going you had to go and ruin it with a fucking stupid closing.

  3. #43
    Veteran Member TNVolunteer73's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    29,961
    Thanks
    7714

    From
    TN
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    I am appalled at the irresponsible and just plain stupid reaction of some people in this country to the Cosby mistrial, and I think the jury got it wrong. They should have acquitted him.

    This woman's stupidity caught my eye:

    Kristen Houser, the chief public affairs officer at the National Sexual Violence Resource Center, issued a statement that emphasized the difficulty of prosecuting sexual assault cases. Ms. Houser’s statement also noted the difficulties that victims face in court.



    And who is operating the twitter account of the Women's March? They very stupidly wrote:



    What NONE of these people -- and millions like them -- admit is that there is no evidence Cosby ever sexually assaulted anyone. There's barely any evidence he had sex with any of the accusers, and in this country, an unproven accusation is not supposed to inspire the tar and feathers routine.

    I think he had sex with a few of these women, after they had WILLINGLY taken quaaludes or a similar drug. They were inspired by a comedy routine that went viral to recast this as a rape, and dozens more women dogpiled him.

    And the media ate it up, because the sight of a VERY popular black celebrity brought low was delicious, considering that he had positioned himself on the side of self-respect and self-determination for black Americans.

    That message might not have been well-received by all of black America, or perhaps it was not well-intended when Cosby said it. Either way, there was no justification for the cyber-lynching Cosby received and continues to receive.

    NOTHING matters in this country more than our criminal justice system. If it is not fair, we are bad citizens for not demanding it be fixed. I see NO DIFFERENCE between baying for Cosby's head on a platter and some fucking racists demanding that a black man be executed, even though serious doubts as to his actual guilt exists.

    If you add your voice to those demanding Cosby be tried, you are conspiring with racists.



    The real harm here is the suggestion that women are so weak-minded that their accusations must be taken at face value, because they cannot withstand the strain of a full and impartial investigation. WTF sort of "feminism" does not give a fuck whether INNOCENT men are brought to trial on charges laid by women who LIED?

    This entire incident makes me weep for the ease with which most Americans will embrace The Stupid.
    Why would anyone prosecute and innocent police officer who was attacked by a violent criminal that tried to steal his firearm and kill innocent bystanders and the officer.

    Officer Wilson's attacker already strong arm robbed a store and attacked the clerk.

    I also trust Juries, they heard ALL repeat ALL of the evidence, not the Evidence the media wanted you to hear... and made a judgment. 12 informed citizens made the call, I trust them more than I do a Media that trumps up charges...

    Wilson is innocent.

    Cosby is innocent

    OJ is innocent of murdering Nichole.. I knew that for a 100% fact on day 2 of the trial..

  4. #44
    The Un-Holy One The Man's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    33,804
    Thanks
    19356

    From
    Toronto
    Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatist View Post
    No woman would take a Quaalude willingly? Where were you in the 70's?
    I wasn't born yet. And have no idea what that is, to be honest lol

    Okay:

    The sedative–hypnotic activity of methaqualone was first noted by researchers in the 1950s. In 1962, methaqualone was patented in the US by Wallace and Tiernan.[2] Its use peaked in the early 1970s as a hypnotic, for the treatment of insomnia, and as a sedative and muscle relaxant.

    Methaqualone became increasingly popular as a recreational drug and club drug in the late 1960s and 1970s, known variously as "ludes" or "sopers" (also "soaps") in the U.S. and "mandrakes" and "mandies" in the UK, Australia and New Zealand. The drug was often used by hippies and by people who went dancing at glam rock clubs in the 1970s and at discos. The drug was so popular in the disco scene of the 1970s that the drug, sold under the brand name Quaaludes, was nicknamed "disco biscuits".
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methaqualone

    Well, you live and you learn...

    In any case, I will take the women's collective word over his. Sorry.
    Thanks from Sassy

  5. #45
    Moderator HCProf's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    16,727
    Thanks
    9019

    From
    USA
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    I wasn't born yet. And have no idea what that is, to be honest lol

    Okay:



    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methaqualone

    Well, you live and you learn...

    In any case, I will take the women's collective word over his. Sorry.
    The woman he is on trial for was dosed with Benadryl...3 half tabs. Not quite the same thing as a Quaalude. Quaaludes have been banned in the US since 1984.

  6. #46
    Inside Your Heads syrenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    13,533
    Thanks
    6668

    From
    the sadness of my soul
    Quote Originally Posted by HCProf View Post
    The woman he is on trial for was dosed with Benadryl...3 half tabs. Not quite the same thing as a Quaalude. Quaaludes have been banned in the US since 1984.
    So a dose and a half... 25 or 50ml? Anyone not used to using benadryl... that will knock them on their ass. I have taken benadryl long before it became OTC so very used to it... and 150 would knock me out.
    Thanks from jacobfitcher

  7. #47
    Moderator jacobfitcher's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    6,694
    Thanks
    5667

    From
    Canada
    Bill Cosby, let me say this: I believe you.

    I believe you when you say in a 2005 deposition that “yes,” you give women Quaaludes.

    I believe you when you say you knew it was illegal to get the prescriptions. (I also believe that the gynecologist who gave them to you knew you really shouldn’t be his patient in the first place.)

    I believe you when you describe your version of what consent means, one that isn’t so much based on “yes.”

    “I don’t hear her say anything,” you say during the deposition, describing your encounter with the plaintiff (sic). “I don’t feel her say anything. And so I continue, and I go into that area between permission and rejection. I am not stopped.”

    https://www.vox.com/2017/6/17/158244...-jury-mistrial
    Last edited by jacobfitcher; 18th June 2017 at 11:17 PM.
    Thanks from BigLeRoy

  8. #48
    Veteran Member Dr.Knuckles's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    98,428
    Thanks
    5222

    From
    Vancouver
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    This case never should have been filed, and once filed, it should not have been allowed to proceed. There just is NO EVIDENCE of the crimes with which he was charged.

    This is akin to charging anyone with the murder of Chandra Levy, when the ME and the cops cannot prove she did not die by accident, or of natural causes.

    LOGICALLY, he cannot ever be found guilty unless the jury applies prejudice and not facts.
    How could you possibly know if there was evidence or not about anything?

    Evidence means information gathered. Victim statements are evidence. Witness statements are evidence. His own statements while cautioned are evidence.
    Thanks from Friday13 and Panzareta

  9. #49
    Spock of Vulcan Ian Jeffrey's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    50,490
    Thanks
    23892

    From
    Vulcan
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobfitcher View Post
    “I don’t hear her say anything,” you say during the deposition, describing your encounter with the plaintiff.
    She is properly referred to as the alleged victim. There is no plaintiff in a criminal case.

  10. #50
    Moderator jacobfitcher's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    6,694
    Thanks
    5667

    From
    Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jeffrey View Post
    She is properly referred to as the alleged victim. There is no plaintiff in a criminal case.
    Didn't catch that. Cut and paste from the original article. Put one of those "(sic)" bits in.

    thanks

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Trump vs. Cosby
    By Howey in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 13th October 2016, 04:09 PM
  2. Cosby
    By Friday13 in forum Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 31st December 2015, 01:40 AM
  3. Please no! Bill Cosby
    By Isalexi in forum Current Events
    Replies: 191
    Last Post: 3rd January 2015, 02:33 PM
  4. OJ Innocent?
    By USA-1 in forum Political Controversies
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 4th December 2012, 08:06 PM
  5. They're innocent!!!
    By youmny in forum Current Events
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 1st August 2006, 05:21 PM

Search tags for this page

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed