Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 169
Thanks Tree113Thanks

Thread: Cosby Is Innocent

  1. #51
    Veteran Member bmanmcfly's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    13,876
    Thanks
    2299

    From
    C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
    Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatist View Post
    Just when you had a logical response going you had to go and ruin it with a fucking stupid closing.
    I only mentioned that because I noticed the appeal to "if he was white"... the price of not doing much editing.

  2. #52
    Veteran Member bmanmcfly's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    13,876
    Thanks
    2299

    From
    C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    I wasn't born yet. And have no idea what that is, to be honest lol

    Okay:



    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methaqualone

    Well, you live and you learn...

    In any case, I will take the women's collective word over his. Sorry.
    I don't doubt for a second he did what was claimed, but the longer a person waits the less likely there is to be justice.

    Sex predators learn to take advantage of that.

  3. #53
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    51,355
    Thanks
    29713

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Friday13 View Post
    Thanx, @Ian Jeffrey...I understand that, but only one is, I think, too few...maybe one or two more, from different decades and areas? He is claiming 'consensual'...and the woman in question is Lesbian...I have very serious doubts that she consented to sex, and that she consented to being drugged.
    It strikes you as unlikely, so you choose to believe her. Whereas it strikes me as quite likely, so I disagree.

    And neither of us consults any evidence about this sexual encounter in reaching our conclusion. We apply prejudice, bias, our life experience with other people....none of which is evidence.

    There just is no evidence, and so, Cosby should not be retried. Doing so only serves the interests of the ambitious DA, and that is not the legitimate purpose of any trial.

  4. #54
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    51,355
    Thanks
    29713

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Knuckles View Post
    How could you possibly know if there was evidence or not about anything?

    Evidence means information gathered. Victim statements are evidence. Witness statements are evidence. His own statements while cautioned are evidence.
    Cosby's deposition testimony is not evidence. It cannot be heard unless to impeach him and since he never testified, it cannot be used at all.

    Yes, the victim's testimony is evidence, but it is not reliable enough that without any consistent facts and circumstances, it is enough to meet the "beyond a reasonable doubt stamdard".

  5. #55
    Veteran Member Pragmatist's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    46,052
    Thanks
    13392

    Quote Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post

    Wilson is innocent.

    Cosby is innocent

    OJ is innocent of murdering Nichole.. I knew that for a 100% fact on day 2 of the trial..
    Do you realize what an idiot you make yourself out to be by making such statements? How the fuck do you know?

  6. #56
    Veteran Member Pragmatist's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    46,052
    Thanks
    13392

    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    It strikes you as unlikely, so you choose to believe her. Whereas it strikes me as quite likely, so I disagree.

    And neither of us consults any evidence about this sexual encounter in reaching our conclusion. We apply prejudice, bias, our life experience with other people....none of which is evidence.

    There just is no evidence, and so, Cosby should not be retried. Doing so only serves the interests of the ambitious DA, and that is not the legitimate purpose of any trial.
    There was plenty of evidence and it's stupid to claim there was not. You can say you don't think he is guilty but saying he is innocent when you sure as shit don't know is kinda stupid.

    Maybe Cosby's deposition isn't evidence in this trial and maybe one could say her testimony isn't enough to send him to jail and maybe you might think he is innocent but here debating the issue saying he is innocent is fucking stupid, you don't know that and only shred what little credibility have saying so.
    Thanks from Friday13 and Isalexi

  7. #57
    Veteran Member Pragmatist's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    46,052
    Thanks
    13392

    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    Cosby's deposition testimony is not evidence. It cannot be heard unless to impeach him and since he never testified, it cannot be used at all.

    Yes, the victim's testimony is evidence, but it is not reliable enough that without any consistent facts and circumstances, it is enough to meet the "beyond a reasonable doubt stamdard".
    Maybe not but that does not make him innocent.
    Thanks from Isalexi

  8. #58
    Above the FRAY Friday13's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    11,210
    Thanks
    13480

    From
    SoCal
    Meanwhile...

    Cosby lawyers fighting civil suits by 10 women

    Bill Cosby's sexual assault case in Pennsylvania has ended in a mistrial, but the comedian's civil lawyers still are fighting lawsuits against him by 10 women around the country.
    Currently, seven women have defamation suits pending in Massachusetts, while three more have defamation or sexual battery suits pending in California. Cosby has denied any wrongdoing.
    The criminal case against Cosby partly stems from the accuser's related lawsuit. Prosecutors reopened a criminal investigation and filed charges in 2015 after Cosby's deposition in the woman's 2005 lawsuit was unsealed, and they realized the 12-year statute of limitations for felony sexual assault had not yet expired.

  9. #59
    Veteran Member Pragmatist's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    46,052
    Thanks
    13392

    Quote Originally Posted by Friday13 View Post
    And now that there was a hung jury those civil cases may very well side against Cosby. OJ Simpson was not guilty but not when it came to civil court. If Cosby was found guilty I suppose they would be slam dunk.

  10. #60
    Veteran Member bmanmcfly's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    13,876
    Thanks
    2299

    From
    C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
    Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatist View Post
    And now that there was a hung jury those civil cases may very well side against Cosby. OJ Simpson was not guilty but not when it came to civil court. If Cosby was found guilty I suppose they would be slam dunk.
    Not an expert, but doesn't that have to do with a different standard of proof?

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Trump vs. Cosby
    By Howey in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 13th October 2016, 04:09 PM
  2. Cosby
    By Friday13 in forum Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 31st December 2015, 01:40 AM
  3. Please no! Bill Cosby
    By Isalexi in forum Current Events
    Replies: 191
    Last Post: 3rd January 2015, 02:33 PM
  4. OJ Innocent?
    By USA-1 in forum Political Controversies
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 4th December 2012, 08:06 PM
  5. They're innocent!!!
    By youmny in forum Current Events
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 1st August 2006, 05:21 PM

Search tags for this page

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed