Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 67 of 67
Thanks Tree46Thanks

Thread: Abortion On Demand In Ohio, Unless The Fetus Has Down's Syndrome

  1. #61
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    51,355
    Thanks
    29713

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    Down syndrome children are as lovely as any.

    They are not "damaged".

    What a disgusting attitude.

    Do you go to a school play, see a down syndrome child, and think "there's something that should have been aborted"?
    There has been a real Disneyfication of Down's syndrome. Sure, many sufferers can function independently or with some support. But others are nonverbal, violent, profoundly damaged. We like to pretend the decision whether to have such a child is all about parental vanity.

    It isn't, particularly for families that already have kids.

    "Turning them over to the state" if they can't be managed at home hasn't been an option since the Disco era.
    Thanks from Blueneck

  2. #62
    New Member
    Joined
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    589
    Thanks
    74

    From
    US
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post


    What fucking geniuses we elect to this state's legislature.



    Abortion on Down syndrome fetus to be banned under Ohio bills - News - The Columbus Dispatch - Columbus, OH

    I am surprised any similar laws are still in effect. I can only assume they have not yet been in effect long enough to have been declared unconstitutional by the SCOTUS.

    This proposed law is so asinine, I barely know where to begin. The state most certainly has no place injecting itself and the criminal law into the decisions of parents facing the possibility of giving birth to a damaged baby. If they choose to do so, AFTER the baby is born, the state has certain duties to the families of such children it would not owe to the families of normal children.



    Your thoughts?
    Just ban abortion across the board and be done with it, other than for genuine medical emergencies. The state and government should use force prevent the use of violence against others, and abortion is no more a "right" anymore than murdering a person inside your house is. Your "uterus" isn't yours if you can't defend it; it's property of the state so long as they have the might to control it (and it won't be yours when you're dead and paying for your deviant karma either.)

    As far as its status as a 'legal right', that can easily be changed, and anyone who doesn't acknowledge the existence of a "higher power" than the state can't believe these mythical 'rights' even exist anyway - the only right that exists from a secular perspective is might, so as long as the state has the might to ban abortion - for any reason - it has the right.

    If you believe you have some "divine" right to your worthless uterus, then be prepared to defend it at gunpoint, because the barrel of a gun is the only place "rights" come from - I'll be rooting for you, I swear.
    Last edited by Reality; 5th October 2017 at 11:33 PM.

  3. #63
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    44,204
    Thanks
    31511

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post


    What fucking geniuses we elect to this state's legislature.



    Abortion on Down syndrome fetus to be banned under Ohio bills - News - The Columbus Dispatch - Columbus, OH

    I am surprised any similar laws are still in effect. I can only assume they have not yet been in effect long enough to have been declared unconstitutional by the SCOTUS.

    This proposed law is so asinine, I barely know where to begin. The state most certainly has no place injecting itself and the criminal law into the decisions of parents facing the possibility of giving birth to a damaged baby. If they choose to do so, AFTER the baby is born, the state has certain duties to the families of such children it would not owe to the families of normal children.



    Your thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinn View Post
    Down Syndrome is a serious genetic condition that cannot feasibly be compared with "not having blue eyes," or "lacking genius intelligence." Either of these two conditions are hardly impediments to a person growing into a healthy, self-sufficient person.

    By contrast, a person with Down Syndrome will likely require care for their entire lives. Some parents are capable of raising a child that lacks major genetic disorders - and these people have my utmost respect. However, I also respect those parents that know their limitations, and recognize that the unusually high demands of raising a Down Syndrome child are more than they can provide.
    Friends from Church have a Down's syndrome daughter. She is 45, looks 15. Their whole life revolves around her Doctor visits, trying to keep her from being agitated. A lovely couple with 2 normal Sons.

  4. #64
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    44,204
    Thanks
    31511

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    Down syndrome children are as lovely as any.

    They are not "damaged".

    What a disgusting attitude.

    Do you go to a school play, see a down syndrome child, and think "there's something that should have been aborted"?
    Your ignorance on this subject is unbelievable.

    Every time I open one of your posts they get worse. You have no idea what this problem does to families.

  5. #65
    ~Standing My Ground~ Sassy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    42,410
    Thanks
    16521

    From
    God Bless Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    There has been a real Disneyfication of Down's syndrome. Sure, many sufferers can function independently or with some support. But others are nonverbal, violent, profoundly damaged. We like to pretend the decision whether to have such a child is all about parental vanity.

    It isn't, particularly for families that already have kids.

    "Turning them over to the state" if they can't be managed at home hasn't been an option since the Disco era.
    Not true.

  6. #66
    No mercy for losers Addiction Solitaire Champion, Double Deuce Champion, Queen Jewels Champion, Ray Ray Shuffle Champion, Twins Champion, Blow Up: Arcade Champion, Bunch - Time Trial Champion, Znax Champion, Zoo Keeper Champion, Sobics School Champion, Swap a Smiley Champion, Makos Champion, Dino Drop Champion, Flower Frenzy Champion, Some Puzzle Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, CubeZ Champion, Dinky Smash Champion, Fun Fun Animals Champion, Fruit Fabriek Champion, Raft Wars Champion, Rainbow Monkey RunDown Champion, Raft Wars Champion, Crime Puzzle Champion Blueneck's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    46,054
    Thanks
    22839

    From
    Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    There has been a real Disneyfication of Down's syndrome. Sure, many sufferers can function independently or with some support. But others are nonverbal, violent, profoundly damaged. We like to pretend the decision whether to have such a child is all about parental vanity.

    It isn't, particularly for families that already have kids.

    "Turning them over to the state" if they can't be managed at home hasn't been an option since the Disco era.
    Agreed. And again, the people who advocate for not allowing Down's kids to be aborted don't care that CHIP was just allowed to expire.
    Thanks from Isalexi

  7. #67
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    51,355
    Thanks
    29713

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassy View Post
    Not true.
    Sassy, the large state mental hospitals where such people were once cared for were closed in the 1970's. Across the country.

    Some states do have residential care facilities now, but not enough. Some states have none.

    Nobody can depend on the state taking custody of a damaged child, if they find they cannot cope.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 1st October 2015, 07:59 PM
  2. Ohio to pass Down syndrome abortion ban?
    By bajisima in forum Abortion
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 7th September 2015, 04:31 PM
  3. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 27th March 2015, 03:18 PM
  4. Moms Demand Action Members Call For Murders Of Ohio Open Carry Folks
    By Madeline in forum Political Controversies
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 4th October 2014, 04:48 PM
  5. Texas and Ohio attacking abortion
    By distraff in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 115
    Last Post: 8th September 2013, 12:12 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed