Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 56
Thanks Tree54Thanks

Thread: Redwood Burl here!

  1. #11
    SWED Missle Command Champion johnflesh's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    18,900
    Thanks
    9055

    From
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedminator View Post
    Welcome aboard
    I see what you did thar.
    Thanks from Tedminator and Friday13

  2. #12
    SWED Missle Command Champion johnflesh's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    18,900
    Thanks
    9055

    From
    Colorado
    Welcome to PH.

  3. #13
    New Member Redwood Burl's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    53
    Thanks
    34

    From
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Welcome, Redwood Burl. You have piqued my curiosity already:

    Redwood? Not too many redwoods in Colorado, but I have two of them in my yard.
    If you didn't figure out why GW was reelected, did you figure out why Trump was elected even once?
    Redwoods in Colorado? You just gotta know where to look, but I'm not telling anyone where!

    A buddy and I loaded a boxcar full of burls and slabs we'd cut and sent them to my home in Austin, TX. Just talking about this, I can smell the sweet aroma of redwood.

    Trump. It's true that our two-party system sometimes feels like a one-party system, and lots of politicians on both sides listen and smile but never do much for the people while entangling us in war both battlefield and economic.

    Trump tuned into people's frustrations and told them what they wanted to hear even if he contradicted himself on the same day ... but, if called on doing that, the stories were from the sick MSM and were fake news. Plus all the "gaps" were filled with alternative facts. That formula is still working. His supporters absolutely will not demand truthfulness out of him. It's incredible to watch.

    This kind of dynamic has been years in the making. The world scares people. Trump told everyone not to worry. He said, he'll make America great again. Around 60-odd million people believed him. His unconventional style is in some ways refreshing, only I wish he was less narcissistic and more mature.

  4. #14
    New Member Redwood Burl's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    53
    Thanks
    34

    From
    Colorado
    I've been looking over PH, and I like what I see. Lots of staying on topic. Not a lot of personal insulting. Refreshing.

  5. #15
    Veteran Member cpicturetaker12's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    23,033
    Thanks
    16805

    From
    Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwood Burl View Post
    Hi everyone. I've been a forum dweller since 2005. I'd been an independent for most of my life, voting person rather than party. In 2004, despite a lot of .... stuff that had gone on since 2002, the GOP re-elected GW Bush. For the life of me, I couldn't understand that, so I began looking around at internet forums to see if I could understand how this could happen.

    The first forum I joined was Ann Coulter's. My, my, what a zoo that was. Anyway, over the years I joined three other Republican/conservative forums, and for a time I thought maybe I'm a libertarian. But I'm not 100 percent libertarian. I'm not 100 percent anything except American.

    I've traveled some in Mexico, Central America, Indonesia, Australia, New Zealand, the Middle East and Europe. From all my travels, I've concluded one thing without doubt. Despite all of our country's faults, and we have a long list of those, I wouldn't live anywhere else ... well, maybe Australia. It felt like the US 50 years ago. Love Aussies.

    Anyway, a good friend told me about PH, and here I am looking forward to getting the feel of this place

    Oh, and no, I never did figure out why GW was re-elected. lol
    Welcome. Welcome in. Welcome back? Not sure what's appropriate for a 'dweller'.

    PS I've ALWAYS heard that about Australia. I will make it there one day, hopefully not too far away!

  6. #16
    Veteran Member Moorhuhn Wanted Champion Hollywood's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    65,608
    Thanks
    30801

    From
    Memphis, Tn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwood Burl View Post
    Hi everyone. I've been a forum dweller since 2005. I'd been an independent for most of my life, voting person rather than party. In 2004, despite a lot of .... stuff that had gone on since 2002, the GOP re-elected GW Bush. For the life of me, I couldn't understand that, so I began looking around at internet forums to see if I could understand how this could happen.

    The first forum I joined was Ann Coulter's. My, my, what a zoo that was. Anyway, over the years I joined three other Republican/conservative forums, and for a time I thought maybe I'm a libertarian. But I'm not 100 percent libertarian. I'm not 100 percent anything except American.

    I've traveled some in Mexico, Central America, Indonesia, Australia, New Zealand, the Middle East and Europe. From all my travels, I've concluded one thing without doubt. Despite all of our country's faults, and we have a long list of those, I wouldn't live anywhere else ... well, maybe Australia. It felt like the US 50 years ago. Love Aussies.

    Anyway, a good friend told me about PH, and here I am looking forward to getting the feel of this place

    Oh, and no, I never did figure out why GW was re-elected. lol
    Howdy and welcome.

  7. #17
    Veteran Member Panzareta's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    29,869
    Thanks
    17837

    From
    On a happy trail
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwood Burl View Post
    Redwoods in Colorado? You just gotta know where to look, but I'm not telling anyone where!

    A buddy and I loaded a boxcar full of burls and slabs we'd cut and sent them to my home in Austin, TX. Just talking about this, I can smell the sweet aroma of redwood.

    Trump. It's true that our two-party system sometimes feels like a one-party system, and lots of politicians on both sides listen and smile but never do much for the people while entangling us in war both battlefield and economic.

    Trump tuned into people's frustrations and told them what they wanted to hear even if he contradicted himself on the same day ... but, if called on doing that, the stories were from the sick MSM and were fake news. Plus all the "gaps" were filled with alternative facts. That formula is still working. His supporters absolutely will not demand truthfulness out of him. It's incredible to watch.

    This kind of dynamic has been years in the making. The world scares people. Trump told everyone not to worry. He said, he'll make America great again. Around 60-odd million people believed him. His unconventional style is in some ways refreshing, only I wish he was less narcissistic and more mature.
    I've had to cut down seven 15 to 20 year old RR trees in Northern California this year. There's a moth that lays eggs on the tips and the larvae kill off branch after branch until the whole tree suddenly turns brown. Supposedly the only cure recommended by the local ag agency is to hose the trees down with water every day and cut out infected branches. Of course the 4 year drought weakened them too.

    These were planted in the Sierra foothill/Central Valley interface so are non native. Temps reached 114 on the property this summer and they were given at least 1 inch of water every four days until the recent rains, plus the water table is at about 25 feet with rice fields within rock throwing distance.

    I think the previous owner sprayed Roundup 360 around them, last spring, so that might have weakened them even more. Hopefully I can keep the five remaining healthy RRs alive.
    Thanks from Friday13

  8. #18
    New Member Redwood Burl's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    53
    Thanks
    34

    From
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Panzareta View Post
    I've had to cut down seven 15 to 20 year old RR trees in Northern California this year. There's a moth that lays eggs on the tips and the larvae kill off branch after branch until the whole tree suddenly turns brown. Supposedly the only cure recommended by the local ag agency is to hose the trees down with water every day and cut out infected branches. Of course the 4 year drought weakened them too.

    These were planted in the Sierra foothill/Central Valley interface so are non native. Temps reached 114 on the property this summer and they were given at least 1 inch of water every four days until the recent rains, plus the water table is at about 25 feet with rice fields within rock throwing distance.

    I think the previous owner sprayed Roundup 360 around them, last spring, so that might have weakened them even more. Hopefully I can keep the five remaining healthy RRs alive.
    Nothing like RoundUp!!! **sarcasm**

    I hope you can save the survivors.

    How fast do they grow?? How big is a 20-year old RW?
    Thanks from Friday13

  9. #19
    Shiny Purple Member namvet69's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,489
    Thanks
    3492

    From
    Englewood, Fl
    Welcome!

  10. #20
    Telecastin' Blues63's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    6,662
    Thanks
    4428

    From
    Brisbane, Australia
    G'day

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed