Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 56
Thanks Tree54Thanks

Thread: Redwood Burl here!

  1. #31
    New Member Redwood Burl's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    52
    Thanks
    33

    From
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by cpicturetaker12 View Post
    Re GWB, he wasn't elected the first time.

    Details.

    Maybe not the second time either.
    Thanks from Friday13

  2. #32
    Bizarroland Observer Thx1138's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    21,234
    Thanks
    12434

    From
    aMEEErica
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwood Burl View Post
    Wow, I'm not drooling over those rolls, but that's because I have enough wherewithal to keep my lips tightly closed.

    And that tree!!!!

    We cut only from stumps, huge things from trees like the one in your pic, and bigger. I couldn't kill one of those.

    Cedars, yes, yes, when I was in Oregon/Washington in the 70s seeing a logging truck with ONE tree section was common. I couldn't kill one of those either....
    Yeah... I admit I did ponder how much each "slice" could get for Chinese board room tables, ($25K...? More...?)

    But, no way I could cut that tree, and one of my greatest fears IS wood poachers... someone coming along and saying they have the owner's permission, cut off some giant pieces of the base and leave me to prove I didn't authorize it etc.

    But, one of my neighbors lives right next to the tree, right next to their side of the line, I HOPE they would stop something like that, I'll have to talk to them about it.

    It would take enormous nerve to try something like that, but people seem to have a lot of nerve nowadays, and I know how valuable the wood is!

    But it's the pride of the neighborhood allright.

    I figure that in the old days when they logged the hill this tree was still quite a specimen and they probably tied their steam mule to it... then of course, had no way of bringing my tree down.

    And I'd like to think they left it to reseed the hill as well. (I also have a very large pine tree, must be several hundred years old, so perhaps they left a cedar and a pine for the hill...)

    This is a property right next to the Olympic Forest.

    Thx
    Last edited by Thx1138; 14th November 2017 at 05:30 PM.

  3. #33
    Junior Member RedCloud's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,996
    Thanks
    2290

    From
    North Georgia
    Welcome.

  4. #34
    Chaos in fourteen lines Minotaur's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    18,353
    Thanks
    14667

    From
    USA
    Welcome to you. You sound like a good match for this group. Enjoy!

  5. #35
    New Member Redwood Burl's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    52
    Thanks
    33

    From
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Thx1138 View Post
    Yeah... I admit I did ponder how much each "slice" could get for Chinese board room tables, ($25K...? More...?)

    But, no way I could cut that tree, and one of my greatest fears IS wood poachers... someone coming along and saying they have the owner's permission, cut off some giant pieces of the base and leave me to prove I didn't authorize it etc.

    But, one of my neighbors lives right next to the tree, right next to their side of the line, I HOPE they would stop something like that, I'll have to talk to them about it.

    It would take enormous nerve to try something like that, but people seem to have a lot of nerve nowadays, and I know how valuable the wood is!

    But it's the pride of the neighborhood allright.

    I figure that in the old days when they logged the hill this tree was still quite a specimen and they probably tied their steam mule to it... then of course, had no way of bringing my tree down.

    And I'd like to think they left it to reseed the hill as well. (I also have a very large pine tree, must be several hundred years old, so perhaps they left a cedar and a pine for the hill...)

    This is a property right next to the Olympic Forest.

    Thx
    Let's say a prayer for that beauty.

    Olympic Forest, in Washington??
    Thanks from Thx1138

  6. #36
    New Member Redwood Burl's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    52
    Thanks
    33

    From
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Minotaur View Post
    Welcome to you. You sound like a good match for this group. Enjoy!

    We'll see. So far so good. The group seems well-balanced.

    Thanks to you and to all for the warm welcome.

  7. #37
    Mad Genius For Hire Puzzling Evidence's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    16,339
    Thanks
    6724

    From
    Derpville USA
    Welcome to the bored.

    Thanks from TennesseeRain, Tedminator and Thx1138

  8. #38
    On the Diversary Committe TennesseeRain's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    81,297
    Thanks
    50051

    From
    In the Witness Protection Program
    I don't like new people, but I've been told I have to be nice to newbies. This is me rolling out the red carpet. Don't get too excited.
    Thanks from Puzzling Evidence

  9. #39
    On the Diversary Committe TennesseeRain's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    81,297
    Thanks
    50051

    From
    In the Witness Protection Program
    Quote Originally Posted by TennesseeRain View Post
    I don't like new people, but I've been told I have to be nice to newbies. This is me rolling out the red carpet. Don't get too excited.
    Oh and don't get used to it, either.

  10. #40
    Mad Genius For Hire Puzzling Evidence's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    16,339
    Thanks
    6724

    From
    Derpville USA
    Quote Originally Posted by TennesseeRain View Post
    I don't like new people, but I've been told I have to be nice to newbies. This is me rolling out the red carpet. Don't get too excited.
    You baked me cookies!

    You know, like the old ladies do in the old folks home for the new guy who can still dress himself.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed