Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 39
Thanks Tree75Thanks

Thread: Hi!!!

  1. #21
    Vexatious Correspondent Leo2's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,895
    Thanks
    3880

    From
    UK/Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by DebateDrone View Post
    We are not allow to attack one on a personal level. But don't be shocked when your point of view gets torn a new asshole.

    Welcome.
    I'm not even sure that level of control is exercised, as evinced by the number of posters who call each other liars (in instances where no evidence of mendacity exits,) with impunity. IMO, any such instance should be considered a personal attack - which should warrant a penalty.
    Thanks from Izzshemovin

  2. #22
    Veteran Member Moorhuhn Wanted Champion Hollywood's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    70,362
    Thanks
    34240

    From
    Memphis, Tn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzshemovin View Post
    Hi ya'll !!

    I look forward to debating politics with you all.

    Izzshemovin'
    Howdy and welcome.
    Thanks from Izzshemovin

  3. #23
    New Member
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    433
    Thanks
    176

    From
    USA
    Welcome here.
    Thanks from Izzshemovin

  4. #24
    Chaos in fourteen lines Minotaur's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    21,643
    Thanks
    17899

    From
    USA
    Quote Originally Posted by DebateDrone View Post
    We are not allow to attack one on a personal level. But don't be shocked when your point of view gets torn a new asshole.

    Welcome.
    This is one of the better environments at disallowing those personal attacks. It isn't perfect but it is better than most. Refreshing. The board may be a good match for Izzshemovin.
    Thanks from Izzshemovin

  5. #25
    Chaos in fourteen lines Minotaur's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    21,643
    Thanks
    17899

    From
    USA
    Welcome.
    Thanks from Izzshemovin

  6. #26
    Ignorance Is Virtue BitterPill's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    10,614
    Thanks
    7231

    From
    SoCal
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo2 View Post
    I'm not even sure that level of control is exercised, as evinced by the number of posters who call each other liars (in instances where no evidence of mendacity exits,) with impunity. IMO, any such instance should be considered a personal attack - which should warrant a penalty.
    What about when evidence of mendacity does, indeed, exist?
    Thanks from Izzshemovin

  7. #27
    Vexatious Correspondent Leo2's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,895
    Thanks
    3880

    From
    UK/Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by BitterPill View Post
    What about when evidence of mendacity does, indeed, exist?
    Good question - in which case the onus of proof lies (as always) with the member who makes the assertion.

    A lie is the communication of a purported fact, which the communicator knows without reasonable doubt, to be untrue, and by so doing, intends to mislead his audience. It is not the same thing as being misinformed, misunderstanding something, having forgotten something, or conveying information one believes at the time to be factual.

    It is a very serious accusation, one of deliberate intent to deceive, and an attack upon the character of anyone so accused. Therefore, in the absence of material (in the case of a forum - written,) evidence of such deliberate intent - unproven accusations of lying should be met with the same sanctions as apply to unwarranted personal attacks.

    I suggest moderation take due note.
    Thanks from BitterPill and Izzshemovin

  8. #28
    Ignorance Is Virtue BitterPill's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    10,614
    Thanks
    7231

    From
    SoCal
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo2 View Post
    Good question - in which case the onus of proof lies (as always) with the member who makes the assertion.

    A lie is the communication of a purported fact, which the communicator knows without reasonable doubt, to be untrue, and by so doing, intends to mislead his audience. It is not the same thing as being misinformed, misunderstanding something, having forgotten something, or conveying information one believes at the time to be factual.

    It is a very serious accusation, one of deliberate intent to deceive, and an attack upon the character of anyone so accused. Therefore, in the absence of material (in the case of a forum - written,) evidence of such deliberate intent - unproven accusations of lying should be met with the same sanctions as apply to unwarranted personal attacks.

    I suggest moderation take due note.
    Fair enough.

  9. #29
    Veteran Member Devil505's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    64,177
    Thanks
    20887

    From
    Mass and Florida
    Welcome
    Thanks from BitterPill and Izzshemovin

  10. #30
    Ignorance Is Virtue BitterPill's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    10,614
    Thanks
    7231

    From
    SoCal
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Welcome
    Oops... I forgot on account of being a jerk.

    Welcome, Izzshemovin!
    Thanks from MeBelle and Izzshemovin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Facebook Twitter RSS Feed